View Poll Results: Which do you prefer ZS Justice League or Infinity War/Endgame?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zack Snyder’s Justice League

19 13.57%
  • Avengers Infinity War-Endgame

121 86.43%
Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Just because it was done before, doesn't mean it was good the first time around.

This is one of the most godawful takes on Wonder Woman, we don't need her to be brutal and bloody if this misogynistic stuff is the end result.

Nah, GL doesn't capture the spirit of Hal Jordan remotely. It actually set him back considerably since it depicted him in a way that gave fuel to the people who already disliked him and turned off those that do.

At least the first WW captured the spirit of her character FAR better than that did with Hal.
    what? wait I dont follow. if it was done once, it can be done again because wonder woman is always going to fight many people.
    Also ....No. it was not among the most godawful takes of wonder woman, that is like saying the star trek mirror universe is a godawful take of the characters.

the thread, me thinks is sort of over there is nothing more to it, it is quite right that the polls only show IW/Endgame won because they have way way more fans here, the poll win is not based on the objective film critique you see in film study since right now we are at the last straws of arguments, you and me both would never be said in a public comic con debate for geek god credibility.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-16-2021 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    How excessive is Snyder's violence? compared to the Nolan, Raimi or X-Men films? they all seem pretty the same to me.

Also the Snyder Cut is rated R. Logan and Deadpool were more violent films.

Snyder films only have excessive violent when you are comparing them to MCU movies.

The video proves my point. which was that Wonder Woman is bloody fighter.
    It is an "Elseworlds..." example from an animated film that has nothing to do with any "Live Action..." instance of Wonder Woman.

It does not "Prove..." anything.

It's a non-issue that is almost(if not completely...) completely divorced from Snyder's film.

what? wait I dont follow. if it was done once, it can be done again because wonder woman is always going to fight many people.
    Also ....No. it was not among the most godawful takes of wonder woman, that is like saying the star trek mirror universe is a godawful take of the characters.

the thread, me think is sort of over there is nothing more to it, it is quite right that the polls only show IW/Endgame won because they have way way more fans here, the poll win is not based on the objective film critique you see in film study since right now we are at the last straws of arguments, you and me both would never be said in a public comic con debate for geek god credibility.
    That's trying to force an "Apples..."/"Apples..." comparison in a situation that is only "Apples..."/"Oranges..." if we are going to be charitable,

Everything in the "Star Trek..." instance is taking place in the same "Live Action..." continuity that the show actually exists in.

The "Wonder Woman..." example in that animated clip?

It is not even taking place in mainstream DC continuity. Never mind the actual continuity that DC's live action films are taking place in.

So, yeah...

Any even remotely objective look at it will tell you that it has nothing to do with Snyder's films.

BANNED

How excessive is Snyder's violence? compared to the Nolan, Raimi or X-Men films? they all seem pretty the same to me.

Also the Snyder Cut is rated R. Logan and Deadpool were more violent films.

Snyder films only have excessive violent when you are comparing them to MCU movies.

The video proves my point. which was that Wonder Woman is a bloody fighter. there is nothing new with what Snyder did with her in the Cut. Even the most kid friendly DC animated series, alluded to this

That has nothing to do with "Wonder Woman is a bloody fighter" it is just an example that that group is not really able to best Wonder Woman in a fight plus they were better able to handle character than Snyder.
    And the Timm Stuff is not really the "most kid friendly DC animated series". Not by a longshot.

BANNED

the thread, me think is sort of over there is nothing more to it, it is quite right that the polls only show IW/Endgame won because they have way way more fans here, the poll win is not based on the objective film critique you see in film study since right now we are at the last straws of arguments, you and me both would never be said in a public comic con debate for geek god credibility.
    "because wonder woman is always going to fight many people." That is not the same as her basically hacking people apart.
    " like saying the star trek mirror universe is a godawful take " if someone tried to sell this as the regular version it would be.
    " poll win is not based on the objective film critique you see in film study" No it is based on the opinions of people here.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    That has nothing to do with "Wonder Woman is a bloody fighter" it is just an example that that group is not really able to best Wonder Woman in a fight plus they were better able to handle character than Snyder.
    And the Timm Stuff is not really the "most kid friendly DC animated series". Not by a longshot.
    Also, Wonder Woman is being remote-controlled in that clip.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Her remotely controlled by a chip does not mean anything. since she uses the same power feats to fight villains when she is of sound mind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    And that is the only reason they got in the situation, true.

Extraordinary Member

Her remotely controlled by a chip does not mean anything. since she uses the same power feats to fight villains when she is of sound mind.
    Nobody is questioning her capabilities.

But when she's not mind controlled or a dark alternate version of herself that nobody likes, Wonder Woman usually doesn't try to kill her opponent in a way that would fit in a Mortal Kombat game or cause excessive amounts of property damage when all she needed to do was to punch the guy.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

If the evil mirror version of Wonder Woman is held up as a sign that it can be done again with the normal version, it's an awful take. Most WW fans dislike that incarnation and the general straw feminist/misandry take on the Amazons that accompany her.

She's always going to fight many people. She's been doing it since 1941. But in the majority of that time, she is not bloody or brutal, because she's so powerful she simply doesn't need to be. Her overall characterization in the Snyder Cut was fine and while I'm not wild about her executing Steppnwolf, it's also not terribly offensive given the circumstances. The terrorist scene in the beginning was over the top stupid though and downplays her abilities and morals for...shock value or something? In a movie that shows restraint by Snyder's standards, that was one of the few scenes where he was too self indulgent.

The other being the horny women singing at Mamoa, but that was at least harmless, just unintentionally hilarious.

Ultimate Member

Those Icelandic women creeped me out. They weren't funny at all!

Spectacular Member

The Snyder cut is leagues better than the theatrical version. Whedon really s**t the bed on that one but it still doesn't make it a good movie. Maybe if they had cut the 4 hour version of Snyder's film down to 2.5 hours it would qualify as good. As is there is still much pointless stuff in that movie and some of the scenes Snyder left in were god awful like the Icelandic woman singing hymns to Aquaman and that Flash scene with Iris.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mburns View Post
    The Snyder cut is leagues better than the theatrical version. Whedon really s**t the bed on that one but it still doesn't make it a good movie. Maybe if they had cut the 4 hour version of Snyder's film down to 2.5 hours it would qualify as good. As is there is still much pointless stuff in that movie and some of the scenes Snyder left in were god awful like the Icelandic woman singing hymns to Aquaman and that Flash scene with Iris.
    There's a reason KILL YOUR DARLINGS is a fundamental storytelling principle. When movies do not follow this, they become bloated and self indulgent.

Ugh. That Flash scene with Iris was creepy/rapey.

Ultimate Member

I didn't understand why they made Flash like that.