View Poll Results: Which do you prefer ZS Justice League or Infinity War/Endgame?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zack Snyder’s Justice League

19 13.57%
  • Avengers Infinity War-Endgame

121 86.43%
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    It's not even a contest. Endgame is the finale and accumulation of 22 movies in a series. JLSC, for all it's positives, is still the accumulation of two previous movies that were rushed into production.
    More movies doesn’t mean it is better. Thor was a completely different characters and most characters like Wanda had only been in a handful of movies. Like do you think Endgame was better than LotR?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Infinity War Endgame.
    The slow burn of getting there, the world building, the character development...I cared about what was going on and what was happening to the characters because Marvel took the time to make it possible.
    They didn’t just throw everything in a blender and pour out a mish mash of feats, one liners and a villain that had pretty much zero build up to establish his credibility.
    Again more movies doesn’t mean something is better. There was very little character development for the majority of characters

Ultimate Member

Yeah, but we already got plenty of development for most ot them before that. And continue to after that. I don't feel the same was true in the Justice League

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    what a ridiculous poll other than snother thinly veiled attempt to justify the so-called snyderverse.
    How is it not justified?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    Again more movies doesn’t mean something is better. There was very little character development for the majority of characters
    But in this case it is. The original 6 Avengers got plenty of character development, either from the Avengers movies, through their appearance in other character movies, or their own titles. By the time Endgame came, we are already invested in these characters. Black Widow death carries much more weight than Superman in BvS because we saw how character developed throughout Avengers and Cap movies.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    How is it not justified?
    is it justified , the snyderverse won't go on. the snyder jl was his last hoo-rah. the jl movie was still superman and his superfriends with no real consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    is it justified , the snyderverse won't go on. the snyder jl was his last hoo-rah. the jl movie was still superman and his superfriends with no real consequences.
    Weather it continues or not I feel it's perfectly justified and enjoyable movie.

Agree to disagree.

Ultimate Member

The poll results pretty much speak for themselves.

At least on CBR, people's preference are pretty clear.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The poll results pretty much speak for themselves.

At least on CBR, people's preference are pretty clear.
    I really don't think that does matters when you have more MCU fans here voting than DC Fans. The polls on CBR shows nothing artistically.

BANNED

I don't think this thread will last, also it will always boils down to another superficial debate of MCU vs DCU. I find debates like this on paper interesting but only when it is discussed in an honest objective film critical way which is never the case with MCU and DCU, especially on the MCU side in my own experience. However, If you ask me based on that factor only, I don't see how anyone even if you are a MCU or DCU fan personally cannot come to the conclusion that Justice League Snyder Cut is the better artistic film professionally

Infinity war and Endgame have their loyal fanbase who loves everything MCU does and like Kevin Feige once said, he makes this movies for fans not for the serious art of film and cinema. This is what makes him different from Zack Snyder. Snyder actually takes it more seriously than Fiege.

The Snyder Cut however is a very good envisioned art fantasy movie made by one director who has love for film making and that shows greatly in the film.

The Justice League Cut is not some mass manufactured cooperate movie made to sell toys and promote theme park rides we have already seen 30 times before with MCU movies, mostly in the Disney era. The snyder cut was actually a showcase for Snyder as a director love or hate but it is his art and a darn fine one he did with this film to even his most vocal naysayers, who said nothing good will ever come of the Snyder Cut.

I dont think anyone who is into and knows film making will ever put that below infinity war/endgame that we can barely call films, since those films are so mass manufactured following a formula and don't even look like any other films the Russos have done. People need to remember this important factor with both the directors of the films.

As long as MCU stays as a well oil machine, there will be more Infinity wars and Endgames movies because it is a reused rinse and repeat formula, However The Snyder Cut is now very unique one off in the comic book genre. That is going to have more impact to superhero story telling and film making in the furfure. So the Snyder Cut wins on that. and that to me is the factor that matters because at the end of the day it is about credible film making with these films not fan battles.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-07-2021 at 02:36 AM.

Extraordinary Member

It's not the fairest of comparisons because you're comparing 2 movies to 1 and because the Snyder cut would have had better editing and pacing if it had been released in theaters. That said, all 3 are pretty unique cinematic experiences that offer something different. When all is said and done, I think IW and Endgame are 2 of the greatest superhero movies ever made and the pinnacle of the MCU, while the Snyder cut is a good but not great superhero film and not even the pinnacle of the DCEU. It's better than BvS and Suicide Squad WW84, but Wonder Woman 2017 and Shazam are still better than it.

More movies are better in this case they are all part of the same puzzle. You are comparing well done 22 issue comic crossover to well done 3 issue mini series. There is nothing that has the emotional weight of Spiderman dying in Justice League, There is nothing in JL that carries the emotional weight of Tony Stark dying in Endgame. That is because of the other movies and our relationship with characters. You can argue Justice League is the better movie maybe in a vacuum it is a better movie but Infinity Wars and Endgame can't be view in a vacuum. They have build up from other movies and little stuff work in the movie because of it. The corny "Avengers Assemble" works because we have waiting a bunch of movies for it, those other movies matter.

Since CBR forums is polling is "biased", lets bring some other numbers
    According to one study, only 36 percent of the 1.8 million U.S. households that tuned into the Snyder Cut during its first week actually made it through to the end -- meaning that over 60 percent of viewers didn't finish the film.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 04-07-2021 at 03:03 AM.

BANNED

I’m not trying to have a DC vs Marcel thread but I’m curious which one you prefer and how they compare. Also I consider IW and Endgame to be one movie which is why I’m limping them together. Plus that makes Infinity Game almost 6 hours long so it is pretty comparable to the Snyder cut. I want to say I love both but I just like comparing movies

Ultimately when it comes down to it I just gotta go with Zack Snyder’s Justice League. As great as Infinity Game was, the Snyder Cut just turns everything up to 11. The thing I love the most about Snyder’s superhero movies is how godlike everyone is. The action is just amazing and unbelievable. It also has one of the greatest scenes in comic book movies. It just feels so much like a graphic novel come to life. Never would I have imagined Endgame being topped but someone Zack did it.

What do you guys think?
    In terms of action and battle scenes which is not my big draw with comic films because there are so expected that everything is just generic but the final battle of the Snyder Cut is the best directed comic book final battle of all time. I am saying as if I was a professional film maker. James Cameron could have done this, it was Peter Jackson Two Towers Lord of the rings good.

it should be very odd the Avengers movies never improved on their big CGI final battle, infact their movies got weaker and by endgame...it was just the same standard thing. Avengers assembles and basic random fights happens with the hero and villain with the Avengers music score.

The final battle of Justice League was extremely stylistic and more complex to shoot versus the basicness of IW/Endgame. I was so surprised how much I liked it because usually this won't be my thing.

They will study this movies in film school comparing when one director makes a movie from his own vision and style and when another movie just followed a formula for like the 10th time.

Also even in the final battle the story was more engaging in the Snyder Cut, Flash going back in time in those final moments, the stakes just became so high then, I like how the time travel in The Snyder Cut works more like Days Of Future Past than Endgame, Endgame was final battle was just ...tony snapping and all was over, Pretty easy.

Overall Justice League Cut is a movie I will call a more mature artistic movie to Endgame although both movies do have some story similarities. I am not saying Endgame is bad but Justice League Cut pushed comic book movies further especially in the final action battle scenes and not that messy either like the Avengers films, Which at this point is a freaking miracle for comic book films and their now infamous last big CGI battles.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-07-2021 at 03:17 AM.

* my comment is in slow mo for the artistry Zac Snyder's Justice League* Lol