View Poll Results: Which do you prefer ZS Justice League or Infinity War/Endgame?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zack Snyder’s Justice League

19 13.57%
  • Avengers Infinity War-Endgame

121 86.43%
Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I see that, but it still seems the heroes ultimately do whatever they want.
    Ultimately there has been repercussions, FaWS has shown us that Sharon Carter got punished, Bucky got punished for missing his counseling, John Walker got punished, Heck in the movies Antman got punished, Hawkeye got punished. Which leads to the question of how much more accountability is needed. If people looking for Iron Man to punished for Ultron or Hulk for Africa, It is kinda pointless because that is genre okay put them in jail, okay they get instantly taken out of jail when Alien attacks earth and you need people to fight it. The accountability is there but to have interesting stories you need heroes around to do stuff.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Ultimately there has been repercussions, FaWS has shown us that Sharon Carter got punished, Bucky got punished for missing his counseling, John Walker got punished, Heck in the movies Antman got punished, Hawkeye got punished. Which leads to the question of how much more accountability is needed. If people looking for Iron Man to punished for Ultron or Hulk for Africa, It is kinda pointless because that is genre okay put them in jail, okay they get instantly taken out of jail when Alien attacks earth and you need people to fight it. The accountability is there but to have interesting stories you need heroes around to do stuff.
    I see what you mean, but then they shouldn't make heroes do all that stuff in the first place. It seems weird to me how the villains in the MCU are the ones always trying to hold people accountable. Shouldn't that be the heroes' jobs?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Wasnt there a rough plot point like this after civil war? MCU are usually good in trying to show a plot point. they just never care to address it deeply. addressing things deeply is what blurs the line of an adult's tale vs a kid's tale.

After Civil war, MCU should have focused more on smaller stories compared to the gigantic shoes of IW/Endgame.
    Ah, I think they went in the right direction. Smaller stories are better suited for tv like they're doing now with WV and FAWS.

Ultimate Member

I think the movies can still focus on smaller stories. Idk if every one needs to be something big, so much as build up to something bigger later

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I wouldn't throw the bias card around if I were you.

I will wait forever for someone to pin point something that I have ever said that was factually bias. lol

No those other characters are not Wonder Woman and she is not them. This stance that all characters are interchangeable regardless of character, genre or story is never helpful. Its just pulling random names out of thin air. Context and characters and genre matter in discussions like this.

They all are the heroes of their story, part of what made them heroic was they take down bad guys. Your problem does not seem with this act, your problem has more to do with Snyder makes anti IW/Endgame films.

It is good you brought up they are all random names, which proves my point since all these random names end up doing the exact one same thing. LOL
    Last edited by Castle; 04-17-2021 at 09:36 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I will wait forever for someone to pin point something that I have ever said that was factually bias. lol
    Lol if you say so. I think constantly bringing the MCU stuff into things speaks for itself

They all are the heroes of their story, part of what made them heroic was they take down bad guys. Your problem does not seem with this act, your problem has more to do with Snyder makes anti IW/Endgame films.
    My issue is that he made an anti-Wonder Woman film. Or at least this one scene misses the point of her completely, she's more or less ok in the rest of it. How many times do I have to say I don't care about the MCU that much? It's your own clear anti-MCU bias at work (if you're even being serious at all ) that is projecting a specific agenda onto my stance on this WW scene (or a lot of stances that disagree with yours).

It is good you brought up they are all random names, which proves my point since all these random names end up doing the exact one same thing. LOL
    And it fits those characters. Not her. Even in instances where she's done it, it's debatable if those stories are even good or faithful to the character to begin with. Rucka had her deal with the same basic situation in Year One without killing a single person when she was a novice with her powers vs. a veteran of a century. And he also had her behead Medusa in an earlier run. He was just actually less self indulgent than Snyder (in this particular instance) and knew where to apply when she takes lethal means and when she doesn't. It's called being faithful to who characters are and coherent character writing, which is actually mature instead of doing "seeing violence and an R rating means we're adults!! Get a cheap thrill out of Batman saying ****"

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    The point is, (if you're too oblivious to otherwise notice it) I'm not saying Wonder Woman should actually do these things. I'm saying what works for one character doesn't always work for other.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Whoa, whoa, slow down. You're speaking in tongues
    All characters can be swapped around into different stories and genres, and it will all play out exactly the same way! They are all interchangeable action figures

If you are fine watching a Rom Com with Drew Barrymore, you should be fine watching one starring the Alien Queen!
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 04-17-2021 at 10:05 AM.

BANNED

For a person who has told me many times, you dont like snyder. i have no problem with your bias.

However it is quite true that more adult friendly stories, do have their heroes actually killing terrorists even sometimes just to be cruel than for self defence. something Snyder never even did with WW.

Factually consider the 3 J.Bs. James Bond, Jason Bourne and Jack Bauer. I can add WW to that list. your personal dislike for Snyder cannot stop this from happening because I am not telling a lie that this spy good guys don't kill terrorists.

If anyone does not have a problem with that, it atomically means they should have none with WW doing the same.
    So your reasoning is that a fictional character kills a lot of people so all of them should do it like that? I will give you that at least it would be a very Snyder like way of doing things.
    I am reminded of the old joke of a new Version of Bambi^^?

BANNED

So you do not really have a bias against the MCU? Interesting...

Haha, that poll.

Not often that you can see results that one-sided around here.

But yeah, Infinity/endgame are actually good movies so i happily joined the crowd and added one little stone to that huge landslide.

BANNED

Very much agreeing with this.

One thing this discussion is missing is the chance for objective POV.

I said Darkseid looked better and I proved it by talking about the VFX style, the cinematography and even referencing many LOTR villains examples. that is what is means to be objective. Those who are saying thanos looks better are not doing the same. to them he is better, because he is just better. there is no substance. it's an empty bottle.

Some here just says thanos looks better because they are fans of IW/Endgame and will always side with MCU no matter what. While there is nothing wrong with this, what they dont understand is, this is the what bias is , that they always say I am doing. when all I do here is just break down all comic book movies to the best of what I see and even hear, many times because I have a background in film.

If I was to say something is better or worse, I just dont say it with no evidence of at least 80% logic.

What is even odd, is that Phase 1 VFX Marvel, would have had Thanos look more like Darkseid because Phase 1 MCU was not overthinking trying too hard to appeal to kids or overly mindful that marvel studios was a small film production warehouse of making movies.
    Sorry but you didn't prove anything just said your opinion. That is not objective.
    "Those who are saying thanos looks better are not doing the same." Implying stuff again?
    It is almost funny that you are always doing the thing that you are so fond of accusing others doing.
    Last edited by lowfyr; 04-17-2021 at 11:09 AM.

Funnily enough, I think what makes the Snyder Cut of JL work overall is that it feels more like an MCU movie or even just a standard action adventure movie, just with a little more blood and a darker filter over everything. It's an inherently silly movie, but it manages to be entertaining because it leans into that more and doesn't fight it tooth and nail with pretentious self seriousness the way BvS did. It's just a simple story about a team of superheroes coming together to stop a bigger threat. It's not a deep movie at all, but it doesn't have to be.

I may harp on the WW scene a lot but it and the Knightmare stuff remain the only things I really hate after a second viewing earlier this week. All the other stuff that is groan worthy is at least inoffensive and/or doesn't take up much screen time (singing women, Martha revealed as J'onn, Jesus pose in front of sun). Or is stuff that annoys me subjectively but I don't really begrudge Snyder for using it (Darkseid being named "Uxas" originally; always dumb, but that's on Byrne).

Ultimate Member

Funnily enough, I think what makes the Snyder Cut of JL work overall is that it feels more like an MCU movie or even just a standard action adventure movie, just with a little more blood and a darker filter over everything. It's an inherently silly movie, but it manages to be entertaining because it leans into that more and doesn't fight it tooth and nail with pretentious self seriousness the way BvS did. It's just a simple story about a team of superheroes coming together to stop a bigger threat. It's not a deep movie at all, but it doesn't have to be.

I may harp on the WW scene a lot but it and the Knightmare stuff remain the only things I really hate after a second viewing earlier this week. All the other stuff that is groan worthy is at least inoffensive and/or doesn't take up much screen time (singing women, Martha revealed as J'onn, Jesus pose in front of sun). Or is stuff that annoys me subjectively but I don't really begrudge Snyder for using it (Darkseid being named "Uxas" originally; always dumb, but that's on Byrne).
    Wait, I don't recall Darkseid being called Uxas in either cut

Ultimate Member

All characters can be swapped around into different stories and genres, and it will all play out exactly the same way! They are all interchangeable action figures

If you are fine watching a Rom Com with Drew Barrymore, you should be fine watching one starring the Alien Queen!
    ...I'd pay to see that, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Wait, I don't recall Darkseid being called Uxas in either cut
    I think Snyder revealed that that was what he was called in the flashback scene to the first age, but wasn't named as such in the movie itself.

So I can pretend it's still just Darkseid

Actually, it may have been better if his mother Heggra would have been the ruler at that point who lead the invasion that was repelled. Then she could have expunged the records of the shame of the loss, explaining why Darkseid no longer knows the location or name of the planet that dealt him the one memorable defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    ...I'd pay to see that, actually.
    ****, so would I lol

Tagline would be "Get away from him you bitch!"

Ultimate Member

I think Snyder revealed that that was what he was called in the flashback scene to the first age, but wasn't named as such in the movie itself.

So I can pretend it's still just Darkseid

Actually, it may have been better if his mother Heggra would have been the ruler at that point who lead the invasion that was repelled. Then she could have expunged the records of the shame of the loss, explaining why Darkseid no longer knows the location or name of the planet that dealt him the one memorable defeat.

****, so would I lol

Tagline would be "Get away from him you bitch!"
    Anything would've been better than Darkseid forgetting where Earth was