View Poll Results: Which do you prefer ZS Justice League or Infinity War/Endgame?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zack Snyder’s Justice League

19 13.57%
  • Avengers Infinity War-Endgame

121 86.43%
Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Okay, quick vote.
    What's the better movie?
    Tommy Wiseau's The Room, a dark, serious drama with mature themes that is true to the creators unique vision
    or
    The Princess Bride, a light hearted, escapist, fairy tale fantasy?
    The Room of course. Not only is it dark, but it is also the sole vision of its auteur Tommy Wiseau who directed, wrote, produced, and starred in it.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    The Room of course. Not only is it dark, but it is also the sole vision of its auteur Tommy Wiseau who directed, wrote, produced, and starred in it.
    According to some, that makes it the next Citizen Kane!

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Oh, here's another good question.

Which is better?
    A movie that the studio mandated to make darker and more "mature" or a movie where being lighthearted and fun is actually the artists vision?

Ultimate Member

Which is better?
    A movie that the studio mandated to make darker and more "mature" or a movie where being lighthearted and fun is actually the artists vision?
    Such a paradox of thinking

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Really? Wanda's and Pietro's origin were what motivated them to go against the Avengers. I didn't see it as contrived. Whereas Aquaman just stops for several minutes to give exposition to Mera, and vice versea
    Tbh I felt more of a connection with Aquaman and Flash. Even tho flash was goofy af and his run was horrible lol.

Which is better?
    Oh but you can have an artist with a disastrous "vision" of what his movie should be as you can have someone from a studio with a pretty damn good opinion about a movie and should be listened.

And vice-versa of course.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    Did vision try to commit genocide on her people?

And Thanos couldn’t just triple or quadruple the resources because? Also that plan involved killing animal and plant life which counts as a resource. Maybe he should’ve thought his plan through better
    The whole population problem makes no sense on a universal scale. It's clearly evident that there are way too many resources for people when you look at the universe. If there's any problem, it would be distribution, but with travel as fast as there is in the MCU, distribution wouldn't be a problem either. Frankly, there's no problem except Thanos' stupid myopia.

Which is better?
    It proved to me that Snyder is certainly no artist.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 04-30-2021 at 01:57 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Tbh I felt more of a connection with Aquaman and Flash. Even tho flash was goofy af and his run was horrible lol.
    I liked the new heroes from both movies about the same, but Flash barely had much of a character progression in the Snyder Cut, and Aquaman's seemed to contradict his solo movie. But at least they got to live, unlike Quicksilver who got shot like a chump in the streets for no reason.

Regardless, IMO Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver seemed to better fit into the plot while Aquaman's and Flash's stories seem like they were plucked from separate movies

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I preferred ZSJL, and it boils down to me caring more about DC characters, and also preferring the mythological approach (even if indulgent at times) that also subtracts the comedic banter both IW and EG included. I just find it annoying.

It's not really a fair comparison, as people have mentioned; IW and Endgame had so much built up to them. I like ZSJL more than Avengers, though Avengers deserves credit for being the first.

Anybody see The New Mutants? A singular vision of filmmaker. Written and directed. And it stunk.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Anybody see The New Mutants? A singular vision of filmmaker. Written and directed. And it stunk.
    Didn't it also suffer from studio interference though?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    I second all of this. But I know a lot of cartoons, that did it better than Snyder ever could hope to. The Timm stuff from the 90s. Or the Gargoyles cartoon. And that came from Disney^^
    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    You can also factor in the 2012 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Rebels cartoons in the mix, too.
    Also Spectacular Spider-Man, Adventure Time (even goofy comedy cartoons like this are deeper than an initial impression will convey) and Stephen Universe has a very good reputation even if I haven't watched it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Sorta; chaos from the Disney buyout did prevent reshoots from happening. I liked it well enough, but it was certainly a victim of circumstances, whatever we think its baseline quality was.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Sorta; chaos from the Disney buyout did prevent reshoots from happening. I liked it well enough, but it was certainly a victim of circumstances, whatever we think its baseline quality was.
    Ok. Maybe they can join the MCU at some point. Different iterations, of course, but same characters

Yes it did suffer from studio interference they wanted to reshoot stuff because the movie was bad (or average) but reshoots and fixes the director supposedly agree to do didn't happen, Which left us to watch the creator's bad movie as he intended with racist Magik and whitewash Sunspot who did nothing of note in the movie. AND the Fox tradition of focusing on one character(Moonstar) at the detriment of other characters. AND movie had stupid power of love/self ending AND the movie pretend comics concepts like Limbo, Lockheed, Demon Bear need to be put behind of pseudo realistic BS instead of embracing comic book storytelling.