View Poll Results: Which do you prefer ZS Justice League or Infinity War/Endgame?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zack Snyder’s Justice League

19 13.57%
  • Avengers Infinity War-Endgame

121 86.43%
Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    I'm more a DC fan but I chose Avengers Endgame, it's a much better film, better paced and in the end ultimately more satisfying.

With Justice League the theatrical cut is already a mess and the 4-hour cut of Zack Snyder's version didn't help any, sure it took many of the cringy Whedonism's out but then replaced them with countless slow motion drawn out nonsense and choir singing chants everytime Wonder Woman came on screen. Let's just say had the 4-hour cut been given a theatrical release I definitely would NOT have seen it.

If somehow this can be edited to a manageable 3 hours then let me know otherwise I don't' plan on revisiting the theatrical or the Snyder cut for a long time.
    The Wonder Woman chanting almost came off as a parody. I had to stop myself from laughing.

I'm glad we didn't have so many stupid Whedonisms, but the replacement was largely lifeless

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    The Wonder Woman chanting almost came off as a parody. I had to stop myself from laughing.
    I like the music and it was a neat a couple times, but they definitely overdid it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I like the music and it was a neat a couple times, but they definitely overdid it.
    It works in quiet peaceful scenes, but not when she's decapitating Steppenwolf!

It’s not even close really. The worst MCU movie is still light years better than the “best” DCEU movie. I can’t even believe this is a question.

Also whoever said the MCU CGI looks like a cartoon and video game is way off. Have you seen Darkseid and Steppenwolf? They look like terrible video game characters from the 90s. WB should be embarrassed each time Marvel puts something out.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    It’s not even close really. The worst MCU movie is still light years better than the “best” DCEU movie. I can’t even believe this is a question.

Also whoever said the MCU CGI looks like a cartoon and video game is way off. Have you seen Darkseid and Steppenwolf? They look like terrible video game characters from the 90s. WB should be embarrassed each time Marvel puts something out.
    Idk if I'd say the worst of MCU is better than the best of the DCEU. But Marvel generally is better

Extraordinary Member

I'd say WW was as good as the first Iron Man, Thor, and Dr. Strange at least. And Shazam was def better than Thor Dark World.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Ultimate Member

Should we be calling it the Snyder cut when nothing was cut? Just wondering

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'd say WW was as good as the first Iron Man, Thor, and Dr. Strange at least. And Shazam was def better than Thor Dark World.
    I can see Thor and Dr. strange. Don't know about Iron Man though. I'd also say MoS is as good as or better than Ant-Man

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The Snyder un-cut

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It's because saying the Snyder "Ever Single Idea I had, even the stuff I knew they wouldn't normally let me do" Edition is too long.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    It's because saying the Snyder "Ever Single Idea I had, even the stuff I knew they wouldn't normally let me do" Edition is too long.
    Well, technically "We live in a society" was cut. Which bothered me because I was waiting for that!

All-New Member MarshallBravestarr's Avatar

IW/Endgame were much, much better than the Snyder cut, but I don’t agree that Marvel movies are that much better than DC ones on average. There are some really terrible MCU movies out there, but they’re forgivable because there’s always something they’re building towards that’s worth looking forward to. I feel completely invested in the storyline.

Snyder simply failed in his ability to get me invested in his vision for the DC, but I also don’t think the foundation he’s laid is unsalvageable. I do think there are some good ideas in there that could be fleshed out better by a better story teller.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallBravestarr View Post
    IW/Endgame were much, much better than the Snyder cut, but I don’t agree that Marvel movies are that much better than DC ones on average. There are some really terrible MCU movies out there, but they’re forgivable because there’s always something they’re building towards that’s worth looking forward to. I feel completely invested in the storyline.

Snyder simply failed in his ability to get me invested in his vision for the DC, but I also don’t think the foundation he’s laid is unsalvageable. I do think there are some good ideas in there that could be fleshed out better by a better story teller.
    IMO WB shouldn't abandon it, just rework it. I feel WB quit too quickly

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post

Eh, I'd still say at the very least the Snyder Cut was better than AoU. I'd also rank WW, Aquaman, BOP and Shazam higher than any of the phase 1 Marvel films save Iron Man and some of the ones beyond.

All-New Member MarshallBravestarr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    IMO WB shouldn't abandon it, just rework it. I feel WB quit too quickly
    Completely agree. Even the terrible “nightmare” future Snyder was trying to sell people on could be reworked. As an example, have it revealed to be Metron manipulating Batman and the Leaguers from behind the scenes with the “visions”.

Coming back to the MCU, I thought the first two Thor movies were buns, but there were good ideas interspersed throughout those movies. Ragnarok took the elements that worked from the first two movies while also reworking Thor’s character a bit.