View Poll Results: Which do you prefer ZS Justice League or Infinity War/Endgame?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zack Snyder’s Justice League

19 13.57%
  • Avengers Infinity War-Endgame

121 86.43%
Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam West View Post
    Or he could end up fighting with Black Adam or Mr Mind.
    Because you know, not everything have to be about Superman being an idiot.

DC/WB would give trust to filmmakers when they show they can do it. Chris Nolan is perfectly good example. They worship him there and basically give him carte blanche because he showed them he can make coherent movies that tells a good story.
    If anything, the lack of trust they showed to Snyder just goes to show that Snyder lack of ability to tell good story. Their biggest mistake was going forward with him when they clearly didn't trust him anymore. Should've taken him off after Man of Steel and let the new guy take over.
    Also, I don't understand why Phoenix's Joker was put into the DCEU. Making dark gritty movies isn't DCEU specialty. Logan is far superior in every aspect of movie making than any Snyder DCEU movies.
    I thought Joker hasn't been connected so far

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I thought Joker hasn't been connected so far
    I saw a few post mentioning it along with other DCEU movies, as proof that only DC can make good dark adult movies. I mean come on

BANNED

Or he could end up fighting with Black Adam or Mr Mind.
    Because you know, not everything have to be about Superman being an idiot.

DC/WB would give trust to filmmakers when they show they can do it. Chris Nolan is perfectly good example. They worship him there and basically give him carte blanche because he showed them he can make coherent movies that tells a good story.
    If anything, the lack of trust they showed to Snyder just goes to show that Snyder lack of ability to tell good story. Their biggest mistake was going forward with him when they clearly didn't trust him anymore. Should've taken him off after Man of Steel and let the new guy take over.
    Also, I don't understand why Phoenix's Joker was put into the DCEU. Logan is far superior in every aspect of movie making than any Snyder DCEU movies.

The Snyder cut is a good antidote to the super grounded realism world of Logan. if this was year 2001 , Logan is a beautiful mind, The Snyder Cut is the Fellowship of the Rings.

Making dark gritty movies isn't DCEU specialty.
    Man of Steel showed DCEU was good at the speciality but it was never given a fair chance.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    [/B]
    The Snyder cut is a good antidote to the super grounded realism world of Logan. if this was year 2001 , Logan is a beautiful mind, The Snyder Cut is the Fellowship of the Rings.
    what are you on about? Logan was a incredible movie deals with dark, gritty mature themes. Are you telling me that Snyder Cut didn't want to do all that?

Man of Steel showed DCEU was good at the speciality but it was never given a fair chance.
    Ehh, it did have a chance. All 2.5 hours and 225 million of it. Snyder just didn't take that chance well. And that's on him, not the studio

Astonishing Member

I really enjoyed the Snyder cut. But what really gets me is what the hell was he thinking making this a 4 hour movie? 4 hours is okay for some nerds like us but that's way too long for the first JL movie. Comparing it to the Avengers first movie it should be under at least 3 hours. I can get why WB was not happy with his efforts. He should have known not to make it so long after the disappointing box office and reviews of BVS. Common sense flew out the window when Zack made his true version. FWIW probably my favorite DCEU movie.

IWEG all the way for me.

Ultimate Member

I saw a few post mentioning it along with other DCEU movies, as proof that only DC can make good dark adult movies. I mean come on
    Was it even really that much of a Joker movie? But anyway, I don't see how it proves anything about DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I really enjoyed the Snyder cut. But what really gets me is what the hell was he thinking making this a 4 hour movie? 4 hours is okay for some nerds like us but that's way too long for the first JL movie. Comparing it to the Avengers first movie it should be under at least 3 hours. I can get why WB was not happy with his efforts. He should have known not to make it so long after the disappointing box office and reviews of BVS. Common sense flew out the window when Zack made his true version. FWIW probably my favorite DCEU movie.

IWEG all the way for me.
    I'd watch a 4 hour JL movie with the proper build up, like IW and EG had. And I think many other would. But as you said, this ain't it

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I did not mind Shazam, however is that series was to go on. this is how it will end up.

And what will happen then? will critics freak out again that DC is no longer action-comedy like marvel?

you see, it's about story progression even for Shazam, I really do think films like Shazam and Aquaman DC did it out fear. not because they liked it. I don't think that pattern will last not after the Snyder Cut.
    If DC's most mature film was made out of fear, then they should be in fear more often

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    And, just as a purely personal note, there is NO WAY you will ever convince me that Zach Snyder doesn't agree with Lex Luthor. Everything his films have to say about Superman is that Luthor was utterly correct about the alien: his every shot composted to emphasize Clark's disconnect from humanity, his lordly and otherworldy presence. Zach Snyder doesn't respect or love Superman. Zach Snyder is TERRIFIED of Superman. But he also wants to worship Superman. He's the Space Daddy to right all our wrongs and use his amazing powers, so far beyond any mortal man or woman, to show us the way. I've said it before on these forums, Zach Snyder's Superman is special because he's an alien. Everything about him that is Kryptonian is what we're supposed to respect and enjoy, and everything human is outright portrayed as either holding him back or actively working against him. This Superman didn't become a hero because of his humanity, he became one IN SPITE of his humanity. And while that's certainly as valid a take as any other on the Man of Steel, I find it utterly backwards and can't identify with it.
    As I think I said before, I don't think Zack Snyder thinks Luthor is wrong in his appraisal of Superman, he thinks Luthor is wrong for thinking Superman is bad for it.

Kinda funny how Justice League (both cuts) and Snyder's intentions for his canceled films parallel the original Avengers and Infinity War/Endgame plots, down to the team being brought together to stop a horned-helmet wearing alien who stylizes himself as a god from conquering the Earth on behalf of another alien who's obsessed with find the doomsday macguffin. Would love to know the insider baseball on how all that happened.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Kinda funny how Justice League (both cuts) and Snyder's intentions for his canceled films parallel the original Avengers and Infinity War/Endgame plots, down to the team being brought together to stop a horned-helmet wearing alien who stylizes himself as a god from conquering the Earth on behalf of another alien who's obsessed with find the doomsday macguffin. Would love to know the insider baseball on how all that happened.
    There are conspiracy theories that Geoff Johns stole the plans and leaked them to Feige et al.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Eh, Thanos is based off of Darkseid. Not much more complicated than that

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The plot of the JL was little different from Avengers 1 IMO

Definitely going for Infinity War/ Endgame, although I did like Snyder's Justice League.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

You don't say. LOL. Seriously some think Darkseid rips off Thanos, when it is the other way around. I keep seeing this thing that Darkseid is a copycat of Thanos. I bet this people are the same folks that also said Wonder Woman ripped off Captain America

One thing that bugs me sometimes is how some think Marvel was created in 2008 and not 1939 and how they don't know marvel pretty much stole a lot form DC characters. Even the X-Men I love so much was a flat out rip off of DC Doom's Patrol.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-12-2021 at 01:07 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    The plot of the JL was little different from Avengers 1 IMO
    Plot yes, execution no.

There's no mistaking Loki for Steppenwolf. More than that, Avengers merely hinted at Thanos, whereas Snyder showed his big bad in action (and getting his ass kicked). When he Avengers fought their alien mooks, it demonstrated their skills/powers. Justice League...not so much

I imagine that for movies like this, with so many established characters, one guy in charge of a mook army will be standard fair.