View Poll Results: Which do you prefer ZS Justice League or Infinity War/Endgame?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zack Snyder’s Justice League

19 13.57%
  • Avengers Infinity War-Endgame

121 86.43%
Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Castle's views are so objective that they transcend life and death. We mere mortals would never understand.
    You’re not allowed to tell jokes here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Ignoring the obvious resurrection problem here, it’s obvious you have a bias here because if someone bought up say Peter Bradshaw’s review of Endgame, or any other number of Endgame reviews supporting it, you would say that professional critics are not reliable as they just want Disney movies. I’ve seen it happen.

And if Scorsese didn’t direct Joker for the sole reason that “it turns into a comic book character at the end” I promise you Scorsese would not care for Justice League. At all.
    It's actually an incredible achivement to get PB to give a superhero film anything other than his obligatory 3 stars, in either direction. I'm still wondering what the hell was in his drink the day he wrote his breathless review of Michael Mann's unusually dull and turgid Miami Vice though.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I finally understood and quit trying to deal with him
    You guys really need to use the ignore the function.

Unfortunately it's the best way to deal with trolls.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I probably wonÂ’t be replying after this, so hereÂ’s the last thing IÂ’ll say - you havenÂ’t been objective. All the arguments youÂ’ve put in are based on subjectivity and moving goalposts. Thanos and Gollum are entirely different designs and not similar in any way, so their comparison is moot - their movements, expressions, and physicalities are polar opposites. Not to mention that it has nothing to do with the discussion which was to do with Thanos and Darkseid. You said Darkseid was objectively better from a VFX viewpoint but you havenÂ’t proven that, youÂ’ve just turned it into comparing MCU effects (which I said were a mixed bag overall anyway) with other franchises not pertinent to the topic.

their movements, expressions, and physicalities are polar opposites. Not to mention that it has nothing to do with the discussion which was to do with Thanos and Darkseid. You said Darkseid was objectively better from a VFX viewpoint but you havenÂ’t proven that, youÂ’ve just turned it into comparing MCU effects (which I said were a mixed bag overall anyway) with other franchises not pertinent to the topic.

Now it felt as if the goal post is been moved, On films, Thanos could have moved like Gollum because it is about the best of what VFX can offer on film. this is been objective. it is subjective to say, they are not alike because you are a thanos fan. I am going with no, because they are both CGI non human looking characters. You can still use the vfx of gollum with thanos, MCU just does not want to push their film making that far because they cannot go beyond their formula. this is proven again when they killed off their own Quicksilver because they did not want to compete with VFX masterpiece of the DOFP Quicksilver use of his speed powers.

I have already talked until I was blue in the face about darkseid, Yes, I said Darkseid looks better from an objective point and I proved it but felt like it got ignored. objectively I spoke about Darkseid's design, he is brown in the movies not purple like the comics because purple automatically makes him look more catoonish on film and that is not really a good thing. mostly for comic movies that already have a bad stereotype as being nothing more but live action animation.

the distinctive VFX of Snyder that gives the movie its own unique style vs the cooperate made mass manufactured film making style of thanos and the Cinematography. those 3 factors made darkseid look better than thanos. if this was film school. this would all count as objective reasons. this is why it all went back to lord of the rings when I said, Darksied looked like an ORC and the Cut was more high fantasy film than a comic bookie movie. those were all objective points because I was judging both Darksied and Thanos against what is objectively considered the gold standard of VFX in the 21st century film that is Lord of the Rings.
    (which I said were a mixed bag overall anyway) with other franchises not pertinent to the topic.

The Snyder Cut is pertinent to this topic and it is not part of the MCU franchise. Even if I was to ignore the snyder cut, marvel comic book films from 20 years ago X2/Spiderman 2 still had far less cartoonish VFX than IW/EANDGAME. It is really not about MCU, it is about film and Snyder got this inside clue. he always got it, that is why he was so hated in the mainstream. MCU IW/Endgame has never really gotten it. please watch the trailer of Shing CHI. it is almost the exact same trailer as Captain Marvel, No DC movie looks like the Snyder Cut. this objective uniqueness of the Snyder Cut that is done in a good light gives it way more objective film substance than IW/Endgame.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-20-2021 at 05:12 AM.

You know when a kid learns a new word and tries to use it in every conversation because they think it makes them sound smart even though they're using it wrong 90% of the time?

Dude just used "objective" (or a variation of it) 8 times in one reply.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    You guys really need to use the ignore the function.

Unfortunately it's the best way to deal with trolls.
    I don't really like ignoring people, but I think you might be right

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    You know when a kid learns a new word and tries to use it in every conversation because they think it makes them sound smart even though they're using it wrong 90% of the time?

Dude just used "objective" (or a variation of it) 8 times in one reply.
    I hope this is not a referral to me. I wonder what the end goal here is for some people who are just insulting others by calling them a kid, unsmart and trolls, they are calling these people names for doing nothing more but discussing how films are made. I am afraid what this is doing is just highlighting what makes IW/Endgame much much weaker as a movie to The Snyder Cut even beyond the basis that Snyder Cut is not a generic made and done comic book movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I am afraid what this is doing is just highlighting what makes IW/Endgame much much weaker as a movie to The Snyder Cut even beyond the basis that Snyder Cut is not a generic made and done comic book movie.
    It doesn't. At all. But, sure, keep telling yourself that.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Ultimate Member

I hope this is not a referral to me. I wonder what the end goal here is for some people who are just insulting others by calling them a kid, unsmart and trolls, they are calling these people names for doing nothing more but discussing how films are made. I am afraid what this is doing is just highlighting what makes IW/Endgame much much weaker as a movie to The Snyder Cut even beyond the basis that Snyder Cut is not a generic made and done comic book movie.
    It's not a generic comic book movie, even though the threat is alien invasion supported by mooks?

Yeah...okay.

But it is a generic Snyder movie, so I kinda think that's worse :P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It's not a generic comic book movie, even though the threat is alien invasion supported by mooks?
    It has already been touched upon by others that both films have the same kind of plot of alien invasion, however what many of us on the Snyder cut side said was that the Snyder cut had a superior film making style to the point that Snyder raised the bar in the genre from what we have seen with the avengers comic bookie invasion plot to more high fantasy visual format. that is a far less generic thing to do with comic films.

But it is a generic Snyder movie, so I kinda think that's worse
    it is not worse. to the contrary because like you said, it is a Snyder movie. IW/Endgame is a Russos movie????? I don't see that at all. It is better to still take a individual director film over a cooperate one where the directors are secondary bystanders at best.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

There really isn't a superior film making style at play here. It's video game characters throwing each other through walls and pew-pewing lasers at each other. Placed in some pretty drab backgrounds; for example, the Amazons action scene was pretty cool, but Themyscira itself looked incredibly bland/ugly compared to the WW solo films.

And it's honestly ok that it is a straightforward superhero movie for the most part. it makes it better than Snyder's other films because it has less pretensions of being more than it is (though some are still in there)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    There really isn't a superior film making style at play here. It's video game characters throwing each other through walls and pew-pewing lasers at each other. Placed in some pretty drab backgrounds; for example, the Amazons action scene was pretty cool, but Themyscira itself looked incredibly bland/ugly compared to the WW solo films.

And it's honestly ok that it is a straightforward superhero movie for the most part. it makes it better than Snyder's other films because it has less pretensions of being more than it is (though some are still in there)
    I'd like a DCEU movie to actually achieve its pretensions for once

Ultimate Member

it is not worse. to the contrary because like you said, it is a Snyder movie. IW/Endgame is a Russos movie????? I don't see that at all. It is better to still take a individual director film over a cooperate one where the directors are secondary bystanders at best.
    Endgame is a movie, period. The Russo's movie is geared towards the genre, and the characters. They understand both, and thus are able to get better characterization and story telling with their material.

Snyder does not. He has the same bleak world and story telling. Thus, his characters really don't stand out, visually or otherwise. Casting the 300 Guy as Zeus really didn't help in that regard.

The Russo's adapt.

Snyder doesn't.

The 1-2 punch of Endgame is cinematic history. Nothing on that scale has ever been done to cap a 10 YEAR STORY ARC ON FILM. Endgame alone surpassed Cleopatra in terms of spectacle, scale, and ambition.

The Snyder Cut is yet another pretentious director's cut in the long line of the hundreds, if not thousands, of director's cuts that pretentious director's get when their feelings get hurt by the big money producers.

In terms of streaming ... Netflix and even Hulu & Amazon have been in the business of rescuing movies and shows long before HBO Max was even a thing. So that wasn't anything new.

Didn't a giant gorilla and a irradiated lizard smash ZSJL's streaming numbers? Haven't only 36% of ZSJL streams finished the film according to HBO Max? Doesn't sound like a lot of people liked it enough to even finish it. I just read now that it under-performed according to Warner Media and isn't now #3. They expect it to bottom out under 10 by year's end. Sounds like a flop.

Endgame will be talked about for decades to come. ZSJL will be yet another director's cut that most people with forget in another year or 2. People will be trying to repeat and BEAT Endgame's success. ZSJL wasn't even that much of success on their own platform.

Based on that and the poll above, I would say this conversation is done.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-22-2021 at 11:30 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The 1-2 punch of Endgame is cinematic history. Nothing on that scale has ever been done to cap a 10 YEAR STORY ARC ON FILM. Endgame alone surpassed Cleopatra in terms of spectacle, scale, and ambition.

The Snyder Cut is yet another pretentious director's cut in the long line of the hundreds, if not thousands, of director's cuts that pretentious director's get when their feelings get hurt by the big money producers.

In terms of streaming ... Netflix and even Hulu & Amazon have been in the business of rescuing movies and shows long before HBO Max was even a thing. So that wasn't anything new.

Didn't a giant gorilla and a irradiated lizard smash ZSJL's streaming numbers? Haven't only 36% of ZSJL streams finished the film according to HBO Max? Doesn't sound like a lot of people liked it enough to even finish it.

Endgame will be talked about for decades to come. ZSJL will be yet another director's cut that most people with forget in another year or 2. People will be trying to repeat and BEAT Endgame's success. ZSJL wasn't even that much of success on their own platform.

Based on that and the poll above, I would say this conversation is done.
    I dunno, it seems like this conversation is going to be ongoing for decades as well