View Poll Results: Which do you prefer ZS Justice League or Infinity War/Endgame?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zack Snyder’s Justice League

19 13.57%
  • Avengers Infinity War-Endgame

121 86.43%
Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I liked Snyder Cut overall way more than I expected, but still would definitely go with the other two over it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Loki also got to interact in meaningful ways with each and every other member of the main cast.

Steppenwolf antagonized Wonder Woman a bit and that was pretty much it.
    I didn't even get what the point of that rivalry was.

Hooo boy, here we go...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I really don't think that does matters when you have more MCU fans here voting than DC Fans. The polls on CBR shows nothing artistically.
    Maybe, just maybe, you have good movie fans.

Amazing Member

I think IW > ZSJL > Endgame

Infinity War storyline and action were awesome, even though i've always thought Thanos's plan was stupid and wouldn't actually solve anything.

I did enjoy ZSJL quite a lot, it was great!
    And I thought Steppenwolf's motivation was really good. I've never read the Kirby New Gods source material, but it seems like something that would happen to a Darkseid underling.

And Endgame gave Cap a time travel ending that didn't even make any sense according to the rules that were given by Banner!

Ultimate Member

I didn't like Cap's ending either, but I don't think it's enough to make Endgame worse than the Snyder Cut

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I didn't like Cap's ending either, but I don't think it's enough to make Endgame worse than the Snyder Cut
    For me endgame was a bunch of stupid time travel stuff that didn't make sense leeding up to a big army vs army battel at the end witch as cool and as big as it was I've already seen it in multiple MCU movies that's why I put JLSC over it.

Honestly I dont agree, they are less deserving, if you don't do most of the work, you don't deserve the same equal praise.

what is the difference between James Cameron Avatar and the Russos Endgame apart from fighting for the number 1 box office movie of all time?

also why is the success of the Snyder cut seen more as a vindication for Zack Snyder than WB the studio? or why Ryan Reynolds gets sole credit for the Deadpool films success and not Fox.

Formula styled movies don't deserve the same level of praise as non formula styled movies because their artistic input is lower.
    First of all, you've changed the topic of the conversation from me saying you were being disrespectful to hard-working people to saying they deserve "less praise" for their work. Secondly, I'm not talking about the Russos vs Snyder, I'm talking about the hundreds of people in the credits of the movie. Regardless of who gets the most credit/praise for something that has more vision, or whomever has more name recognition, the carpenters, costume makers, scenics, sound designers, CGI peeps, etc etc are deserving of respect for their work, even if you think people working on Snyder's films somehow deserve more. They still did plenty of heavy lifting, whereas you had said that they did none and that was disrespectful.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    For me endgame was a bunch of stupid time travel stuff that didn't make sense leeding up to a big army vs army battel at the end witch as cool and as big as it was I've already seen it in multiple MCU movies that's why I put JLSC over it.
    The only part of the time travel which didn't mqke sense was Cap coming back without a solid explanation. Everything before that made sense.

Plus, it was hard for me to get attached to the JL characters in the same way. I liked them, but I didn't feel invested in them like I did with the Avengers. Aside from cyborg they mostly felt emotionally static

Mighty Member

Yes. it is very J RR Tolkien Lord of the rings, the scene where the race of Atlantis, daughters of Themyscira and Humans fight against Darkseid army to protect the mother boxes. It was highly and very well influenced by Lord of the rings fellowship of the rings opening scene where we see the race of Men, Dwarfs and Elves fight against Saron and his army That to me has now become a land mark moment for comic book film making. a comic film that has reached Lord of the rings visual level, is no small feat

Anyone who has seen the cut, Chapter 2: the Age of Heroes, when Diana narrates the story to Bruce will see the resemblance to this film.

I already said, in my second post that, the Snyder cut movie's visuals and story telling were Peter Jackson Lord of the Rings good. Nice to see another person confirm this. What I hope now is for the future of comic movies to move on from standard CGI that look more like theme parks and video games.

The Snyder Cut has given us that hope. this is good for the film making comic genre in general, especially for those that prefer the high fantasy type of comic films to the super grounded types of Logan or The Dark Knight.
    I shouldn't even bother. I really shouldn't.

You want us to praise your lord and master Snyder because he has such an original and compelling vision, but your evidence of that vision is that he's straight up lifted his entire visual construction from a far superior filmmaker? I knew you were a troll Castle, but come on.

Snyder would make a fine cinematographer. He has an eye for striking visuals, for composition onscreen. That's been true of all his films, even pre-DC. But he's not a good storyteller. He struggles to link his supposedly "epic" and dramatic shots with with plots, dialogue, or emotion that will resonate with his audiences. Which leaves much of his work a striking series of visuals in search of some kind of meaning. He wants the final shot of JL:SC to be this triumphal, utterly iconic expression of mythology, but because he's utterly failed to imbue his characters with emotion and motivation that the audience can connect to, it just sits there. It looks cool, but it doesn't SAY anything.

And that's before we get into what Snyder's movies tend to say. To call his worldview nihilistic would be fair, if somewhat melodramatic. He clings to toxic, outdated ideas of what defines heroism, preferring his heroes to be soulless if not gleeful killing machines for reasons that his films never bother to justify or explore in any meaningful way. Why does Wonder Woman decapitate an utterly defeated and broken Steppenwolf, as he's literally being thrown off the planet via a portal? Because real heroes murder their defeated enemies in slow mo, that's why! There's not even lip service given to any idea that killing Steppenwolf may have been necessary. It sure didn't appear to be. Superman kicked his ass like a 6th grader slumming it in Kindergarten. But mercy is utterly foreign to Snyder's heroes, because it's utterly foreign to Snyder. Being a hero in a Snyder movie means either killing, without remorse or mercy, or dying "heroically" in some kind of grandiose sacrificial gesture.

And, just as a purely personal note, there is NO WAY you will ever convince me that Zach Snyder doesn't agree with Lex Luthor. Everything his films have to say about Superman is that Luthor was utterly correct about the alien: his every shot composted to emphasize Clark's disconnect from humanity, his lordly and otherworldy presence. Zach Snyder doesn't respect or love Superman. Zach Snyder is TERRIFIED of Superman. But he also wants to worship Superman. He's the Space Daddy to right all our wrongs and use his amazing powers, so far beyond any mortal man or woman, to show us the way. I've said it before on these forums, Zach Snyder's Superman is special because he's an alien. Everything about him that is Kryptonian is what we're supposed to respect and enjoy, and everything human is outright portrayed as either holding him back or actively working against him. This Superman didn't become a hero because of his humanity, he became one IN SPITE of his humanity. And while that's certainly as valid a take as any other on the Man of Steel, I find it utterly backwards and can't identify with it.

Ultimate Member

I'm not sure why Snyder thinks heroes wantonly killing is ok. I didn't even like it when Hawkeye did it in Endgame

Tough for me
    Infinity War was about 1 of 6 marvel movies i liked

Some marvel movies like the recent spider man far from home was totally unwatchable. There were more jokes per minute then most comedies. And they are often cringe, or include spiderman hitting his head 10 times or making an ass of himself. Really so so so much dumb humor. I actually felt insulted by how goofy they treated the material ... reminds me of spiderman 3...

Anyway back to my point

Infinity war really was spectacular but i didnt care for the 30 film build up since I found most of them average, bland, carbon copies or not really taking the subject matter seriously...

Marvel doesnt have a Joker, even though Im not a fan of the film or Joaquins take, I appreciate dc is trying to produce films which take the characters seriously.

Its hard to rank, them cause Infinity War and ZSJL are pretty different movies. I voted ZSJL in the poll cause Infinity War didnt make me wanna repeat view it... to this date Ive only see IF once. Ive seen ZSJL 3 times in color and once in b&w...

Ill try and rewatch IF sometime soon to reevaluate.

I recall Endgame being pretty underwhelming...

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I'm not sure why Snyder thinks heroes wantonly killing is ok. I didn't even like it when Hawkeye did it in Endgame
    "Everyone says that about [Christopher Nolan’s] Batman Begins. 'Batman’s dark.' I’m like, okay, 'No, Batman’s cool.' He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that’s how that would go." - Zack Snyder, 2019

"Oh like, ‘Batman killed a guy [in Batman v Superman’. I’m like, ‘Really? Wake the fuck up.' So I guess that’s what I’m saying about, once you’ve lost your virginity to this fucking movie and then you come and say to me something like, ‘My superhero wouldn’t do that’, I’m like, ‘Are you serious?’ I’m like down the fucking road on that. You know what I mean? It’s a cool point. Look, I’m 100% fine with it. It’s a cool point of view to be like, ‘My heroes are still innocent. My heroes didn’t lie to America. My heroes didn’t embezzle money. My heroes didn’t commit any atrocities.’ I’m like, ‘That’s cool but you’re living in a fucking dreamworld.'" - Zack Snyder, 2019
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, you have good movie fans.
    Exactly, lots of guys commenting here are even DC fans.

People are simply giving their opinions.

Just because one isn't an MCU fan doesn't mean that one should be dishonest with their preferences.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I shouldn't even bother. I really shouldn't.

You want us to praise your lord and master Snyder because he has such an original and compelling vision, but your evidence of that vision is that he's straight up lifted his entire visual construction from a far superior filmmaker? I knew you were a troll Castle, but come on.

Snyder would make a fine cinematographer. He has an eye for striking visuals, for composition onscreen. That's been true of all his films, even pre-DC. But he's not a good storyteller. He struggles to link his supposedly "epic" and dramatic shots with with plots, dialogue, or emotion that will resonate with his audiences. Which leaves much of his work a striking series of visuals in search of some kind of meaning. He wants the final shot of JL:SC to be this triumphal, utterly iconic expression of mythology, but because he's utterly failed to imbue his characters with emotion and motivation that the audience can connect to, it just sits there. It looks cool, but it doesn't SAY anything.

And that's before we get into what Snyder's movies tend to say. To call his worldview nihilistic would be fair, if somewhat melodramatic. He clings to toxic, outdated ideas of what defines heroism, preferring his heroes to be soulless if not gleeful killing machines for reasons that his films never bother to justify or explore in any meaningful way. Why does Wonder Woman decapitate an utterly defeated and broken Steppenwolf, as he's literally being thrown off the planet via a portal? Because real heroes murder their defeated enemies in slow mo, that's why! There's not even lip service given to any idea that killing Steppenwolf may have been necessary. It sure didn't appear to be. Superman kicked his ass like a 6th grader slumming it in Kindergarten. But mercy is utterly foreign to Snyder's heroes, because it's utterly foreign to Snyder. Being a hero in a Snyder movie means either killing, without remorse or mercy, or dying "heroically" in some kind of grandiose sacrificial gesture.

And, just as a purely personal note, there is NO WAY you will ever convince me that Zach Snyder doesn't agree with Lex Luthor. Everything his films have to say about Superman is that Luthor was utterly correct about the alien: his every shot composted to emphasize Clark's disconnect from humanity, his lordly and otherworldy presence. Zach Snyder doesn't respect or love Superman. Zach Snyder is TERRIFIED of Superman. But he also wants to worship Superman. He's the Space Daddy to right all our wrongs and use his amazing powers, so far beyond any mortal man or woman, to show us the way. I've said it before on these forums, Zach Snyder's Superman is special because he's an alien. Everything about him that is Kryptonian is what we're supposed to respect and enjoy, and everything human is outright portrayed as either holding him back or actively working against him. This Superman didn't become a hero because of his humanity, he became one IN SPITE of his humanity. And while that's certainly as valid a take as any other on the Man of Steel, I find it utterly backwards and can't identify with it.
    We really need a like button here. Thank you.