View Poll Results: Which do you prefer ZS Justice League or Infinity War/Endgame?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zack Snyder’s Justice League

19 13.57%
  • Avengers Infinity War-Endgame

121 86.43%
Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Eh, I'd still say at the very least the Snyder Cut was better than AoU. I'd also rank WW, Aquaman, BOP and Shazam higher than any of the phase 1 Marvel films save Iron Man and some of the ones beyond.
    I can't entirely agree. The introduction of Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Vision in AoU was better integrated into the main plot than Aquaman and Flash in JL. Plus, the acting in JL was often lifeless to me.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallBravestarr View Post
    Completely agree. Even the terrible “nightmare” future Snyder was trying to sell people on could be reworked. As an example, have it revealed to be Metron manipulating Batman and the Leaguers from behind the scenes with the “visions”.

Coming back to the MCU, I thought the first two Thor movies were buns, but there were good ideas interspersed throughout those movies. Ragnarok took the elements that worked from the first two movies while also reworking Thor’s character a bit.
    Thor was good but Dark World was meh. Although I still liked thor's relationship with his family.

The Knightmare storyline might be a bit too soon for the second movie considering we barely saw Superman interact with the League at all

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    It’s not even close really. The worst MCU movie is still light years better than the “best” DCEU movie. I can’t even believe this is a question.
    Dunno, I'd put the original Wonder Woman and Birds of Prey on par with Marvel's better stuff.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member

birds of prey was terrible and really does a injustice to its characters. wonder woman was sadly negated by its awful sequel. gimme a violent crimean war head chopping ww by snyder .lol imagine if snder had followed through with his vision , his wonder woman would be a violent r-rated bloody movie , not that first wonder woman movie.
    Last edited by marshal88; 04-14-2021 at 10:03 PM.

Ultimate Member

Idk if I want WW ti be a brutal character

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    birds of prey was terrible and really does a injustice to its characters. wonder woman was sadly negated by its awful sequel. gimme a violent crimean war head chopping ww by snyder .lol imagine if snder had followed through with his vision , his wonder woman would be a violent r-rated bloody movie , not that first wonder woman movie.
    Yea trade a beloved Wonder Woman film for another DC Snyder film. Sounds like a dream come true. Wonder woman is the DCEU biggest sucess. They don't wanna trade that for Snyders biggest film(BvS) that made almost 100mil less domestically. I'm not opposed to Wonder Woman who's more brutal. What I am opposed to his Sndyer being anywhere near it. Unless it's the Question or a character like that. I dknt wanna see Snyder anywhere near another DC character. Army of the dead looks fun and colorful. Not sure why he chose to go that route for a zombie flick but the dull somber route for DC. Anyway Maybe Army of the dead will break Snyders streak of creating character I just don't care about on any emotional level. Here to hoping cause the trailer does look good to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    It’s not even close really. The worst MCU movie is still light years better than the “best” DCEU movie. I can’t even believe this is a question.

Also whoever said the MCU CGI looks like a cartoon and video game is way off. Have you seen Darkseid and Steppenwolf? They look like terrible video game characters from the 90s. WB should be embarrassed each time Marvel puts something out.
    Darekseid I said, looked more like Orcs. Comparing Darksied and Thanos side by side, Darkseid does appear a lot more realistic to look at. Also Snyder made a good directing decision to not make him look dark purple like the comics , this was a good idea because it made Darksied look more human in films.

we dont have purple people in real life, I think this was a good decision in the same way, Wolverine does not have purple hair in the movies like the comics. Sometimes you still need to ground some aspect of comic books on to screen. this though has never been the case with MCU. Thanos in the movie does look OOC. he is now called the purple dude and many times not in a good way like Prince.

Thanos does look like a video game because MCU is not going to spend or want to use James Cameron VFX Avatar talents on their series as it will upset their entire formula structure and film making style.

I think the reason it is easier to point that Thanos looked more like a video game is because the studio had already set the design for his appearance, This was not a set done by the Rusoos at all. We can say at least JL CUT was all Snyder.

Additionally MCU does favour the cartoonish video game look because that style of movies appeals most to a younger audiences and this is what Disney cares about the most. Snyder wanted JL to be more seriously mythical and high fantasy, this is why the movie ended up feeling more like Lord of The Rings in visual style with Darkseied looking like an Orc, just to those that dont know. Orcs are villains in Lord of the Rings.

If I was a film maker, which I am going to be. I rather look like an Orc than be a Purple dude.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-15-2021 at 01:55 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Darekseid I said, looked more like Orcs. Comparing Darksied and Thanos side by side, Darkseid does appear a lot more realistic to look at. Also Snyder made a good directing decision to not make him look dark purple like the comics , this was a good idea because it made Darksied look more human. we dont have purple people in real life, I think this was a good decision in the same way, Wolverine does not have purple hair in the movies like the comics. Sometimes you nstill need to ground some aspect of comic books on to screen. this though has never been the case with MCU. Thanos in the movie does look OOC. He does look like a video game because MCU is not going to spend or want to sue James Cameron Avatar talents on thier series as it will upset their entire formula structure.

I think the reason it is easier to point that Thanos looked more like a video game is because the studio had already set the design for his appearance, This was not a set done by the Rusoos at all.

additionally MCU does favour the cartoonish video game look because that style of movies appeals most to a younger audiences. Snyder wanted JL to be more seriously mythical and high fantasy, this is why the movie ended up feeling more like Lord of The Rings in visual style with Darkseied looking like an Orc, just to those that dont know. Orcs are villains in Lord of the Rings.
    " Wolverine does not have purple hair in the movies like the comics" In what version does Wolverine have purple hair? That would be Psylocke.
    But seeing that Darkseid does not have purple skin either...

" He does look like a video game because MCU is not going to spend or want to sue James Cameron Avatar talents on thier series as it will upset their entire formula structure."
    First one is not true. But that would require you to aknowledge that the MCU does have great visual effects esp. with Thanos, so...
    Second one with Cameron does not make sense with "want to sue James Cameron Avatar talents" and the last one with "will upset their entire formula" is just not true in any sense.

And at least you should watch a video you link to trying to prove your points. For one "the studio had already set the design for his appearance, This was not a set done by the Russos at all. " is not what this video is about. It is just showing what this programm is capable of to help movie creators. Wouldn't be surprised if Cameron uses this or something similiar. But that would be totally different in your opinion, wouldn't it?

"ust to those that dont know. Orcs are villains in Lord of the Rings." So was Sauron? What does that have to do with anything? One thing added to your Lord of the Rings comparison. High Fantasy does not mean what you think it does.
    Last edited by lowfyr; 04-15-2021 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    And at least you should watch a video you link to trying to prove your points. For one "the studio had already set the design for his appearance, This was not a set done by the Russos at all. " is not what this video is about. It is just showing what this programm is capable of to help movie creators. Wouldn't be surprised if Cameron uses this or something similiar. But that would be totally different in your opinion, wouldn't it?
    Previz from a certain movie

more Previz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U62mbOONdw4
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 04-15-2021 at 03:15 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

I wonder if he thinks Zach Synder got on computer and made that scene lol.
    Thanks for that^^.
    Sure because Snyder is a genius and does all of the movie himself^^.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    I don't think Wonder Woman was negated by the sequel, that is like saying Iron Man was negated by his sequels, so everything that happened to him in IW/Endgame was irrelevant. if you are going to set rules, It has to be applied everywhere.

As for Wonder Woman been R rated bloody. I disagree with that, Wonder Woman has acted bloody many times, here is one good example

And this movie was PG 13. I think some MCU fans need to stop trying to make violent and blood look like a wasteful awful thing to watch as a way to deflect that Marvel cannot handle this sort of adult content. it is making marvel weaker and more limited than DC.

Sometimes it is good to watch a comic book movie that does make you think of the opening Omaha scene of saving private ryan in terms of blood and violence. this is what many times elevates the comic book genre beyond bland kids entertainment , in the same way the War genre can be elevated from the usual.

At the end of the day Wonder Woman is a god, there is going to be bloody violence when she fights to her limits. In a fair world with no superficial Marvel vs DC fan battle, we should be praising that and asking Thor should be the same because he too is a god, but no. Thor is a joke, now obese and overweight who can barely fight properly anymore . I dont care if you like marvel more or dc more, but this is just not a good thing for Thor the god.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-15-2021 at 04:51 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Thanks for that^^.
    Sure because Snyder is a genius and does all of the movie himself^^.
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

more Previz
    [/url]

Deleted scenes. LOL That never made it into the film. maybe we should talk about what made it into the film.

This Darkesied looks better than the Purple Thanos. If James Cameron or Peter Jackson was here, high chance they would say the same thing. lol

Another thing, that makes it look better is that Snyder nailed the cinematography of the JL Cut, which made it nicer for Darkseid's appearance to blend into the movie very well, giving it the high fantasy vibe, MCU has never had the best cinematography in their films, reason Thanos appearance looks even more like a video game with no shred of realism.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-15-2021 at 03:47 AM.

Deleted scenes. LOL That never made it into the film.
    Those aren't deleted scenes they are previz, They are done before so a director has a guideline, When director directs the scene it is actually different.

PS. The Mera scene was in the Synder Cut

BANNED

Deleted scenes. LOL That never made it into the film. maybe we should talk about what made it into the film.

This Darkesied looks better than the Purple Thanos. If James Cameron or Peter Jackson was here, high chance they would say the same thing. lol

Another thing, that makes it look better is that Snyder nailed the cinematography of the JL Cut, which made it nicer for Darkseid's appearance to blend into the movie very well, giving it the high fantasy vibe, MCU has never had the best cinematography in their films, reason Thanos appearance looks even more like a video game with no shred of realism.
    Moving the goalposts again^^? You really did not watch the video. Because again in it it is explained what Previz is and how it helps a movie creator. But i wonder what you would say if someone showed the Previz version of this Darkseid scene.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, no.

Thanos looked like 100 times better than Darkseid, even when he's interacting with people that are actually there. Darkseid and his crew look a high budget video game cut scene. Which isn't to say that they look bad or anything. But Thanos just looks so much better in his movies.

And stop trying to claim that other directors would be impressed or not. Unless they say that they're impressed or not with something we don't know what their opinions are.