View Poll Results: Which do you prefer ZS Justice League or Infinity War/Endgame?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zack Snyder’s Justice League

19 13.57%
  • Avengers Infinity War-Endgame

121 86.43%
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

lol, in what way was Justice League any different, pray tell?[/QUOTE]

1. Because Justice League is a Snyder film. It is as much of Snyder film as Tenet is a Nolan film. the movie does not look or resembles Wonder Woman or Aquaman or Shazam or any other DC movie Snyder did not direct. It's a pure Snyder film. Even some of the reviews did say, if you love Snyder you will like this film and if you dont like Snyder style you won't like it. So it is different form the Endgame and Infinity Wars. these movies are more part of a studio system structure where the directors just cross Is and Ts.

2. Additionally I wish LOLs will stop because it paints IW/Endgame in negative light and that is not what should be happening because it feels as if some are trying to take something that is actually very serious like film making or just visual art commentary and making into a joke to save face that IW/Endgame were manufactured with none of these traits.

Honesty there is nothing funny really funny about it, I also think it is quite disrespectful because people actually do this for a real living and only earn money only when they get better at it. Perfecting a craft is hard work. Many of these film makers are not as lucky or fortunate to be in the established rich studio that made IW/Endgame, Where you don’t really have to do any heavy lifting to bring this film to life because everything has always been set up even before you sign the contract.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    JL ending was not a mess. Now it is my turn to LOL because this is just not true a all. If you are comparing to Endgame. JL is actually very contained and spaced out....very very spaced out I mean this Endgame , even this shot, you can tell it was going to be a mess.

I am just going to say the facts of the film from JL movie.

The Snyder Cut had most of the characters in different areas doing different things. Batman was on his own, Cyborg was at a stand still, Flash was on his own and Wonder Woman and Aquaman were the ones taking on Stephenwolf and when Superman comes on, they space out and give him his moment.

That is what saves it from been messy. JL does not drags everyone to one place fighting , this is what makes a comic film action scene always messy.

This is not about liking JL or Endgame more , it is just the events of the film we are talking about. the word messy is not the how the dictionary would define JL.

Also please also don't forget the CGI problem. Snyder CGI has always been less cartoonish right from when he did 300. And I am not even going to debate how CGI in MCU movies have fallen sharply since Iron Man 1 because MCU changed their style when they started to favour CGI to practical effects. Which always messes a movie up, this is the reason a director like James Cameron had to do something new with Avatar to avoid all of that.
    "And I am not even going to debate how CGI in MCU movies have fallen sharply since Iron Man 1 because MCU changed their style when they started to favour CGI to practical effects" Thanos is "CGI fallen sharply"? Really?
    To say nothing to critzise something because they "favour CGI" in your opinion, but praising 300 that spend money to get the actors into shape using CGI.
    And had a lot more CGI than any MCU movie.

BANNED

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by [B
    The Cool Thatguy;5471607[/B]]...no, just no.

Superman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman were pretty much the same character on a different scale in action scenes.

/QUOTE]
    well we can not just say no to the facts of the movie. the fact of the movie was Superman, Aquaman and wonder woman had far more spaced out battles. they are only the same characters because they are the most godlike. however their battle sequences was not the same. it is fact that when superman first arrived, wonder woman and aquaman did not bothered to give him help, they only had one combined final scene in the end but even that was still very spaced out then combined with visual sequences of the 3 that went back and fought and no doubt Snyder did to avoid messiness.

Flash had a cool scene, but Cyborg, super tech God had...just laser hands and extra arms. Super tech! I liked how he had a cannon with an ammo box in the Knightmare scenes. That's high technology!
    Just a reminder, this is not the definition of a messy comic book cgi final battle film scene.

Ultimate Member

lol, in what way was Justice League any different, pray tell?

1. Because Justice League is a Snyder film. It is as much of Snyder film as Tenet is a Nolan film. the movie does not look or resembles Wonder Woman or Aquaman or Shazam or any other DC movie Snyder did not direct. It's a pure Snyder film. Even some of the reviews did say, if you love Snyder you will like this film and if you dont like Snyder style you won't like it. So it is different form the Endgame and Infinity Wars. these movies are more part of a studio system structure where the directors just cross Is and Ts.

2. Additionally I wish LOLs will stop because it paints IW/Endgame in negative light and that is not what should be happening because it feels as if some are trying to take something that is actually very serious like film making or just visual art commentary and making into a joke to save face that IW/Endgame were manufactured with none of these traits.

Honesty there is nothing funny really funny about it, I also think it is quite disrespectful because people actually do this for a real living and only earn money only when they get better at it. Perfecting a craft is hard work. Many of these film makers are not as lucky or fortunate to be in the established rich studio that made IW/Endgame, Where you don’t really have to do any heavy lifting to bring this film to life because everything has always been set up even before you sign the contract.
    "Justice League is a very serious film about space aliens returning to earth after being driven off by ancient humans and Gods and other space aliens."

Why is it you throw shade at Avengers movies for using the exact same conventions that Justice League uses?

Because just lacking color doesn't make a movie serious.

BANNED

Honesty there is nothing funny really funny about it, I also think it is quite disrespectful because people actually do this for a real living and only earn money only when they get better at it. Perfecting a craft is hard work. Many of these film makers are not as lucky or fortunate to be in the established rich studio that made IW/Endgame, Where you don’t really have to do any heavy lifting to bring this film to life because everything has always been set up even before you sign the contract.[/QUOTE]

"established rich studio" Compared to Warner?
    And " it paints IW/Endgame in negative light and that is not what should be happening " Really?
    Last edited by lowfyr; 04-07-2021 at 05:14 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    "Justice League is a very serious film about space aliens returning to earth after being driven off by ancient humans and Gods and other space aliens."

Why is it you throw shade at Avengers movies for using the exact same conventions that Justice League uses?

Because just lacking color doesn't make a movie serious.
    Word of advice: DNFtT

Ultimate Member

Also, I have to say that this is something of an odd double standard.

"You can tell a Marvel movie because it comes from a formula! But you can tell a Snyder film is a Snyder film!"

Seems you're okay with a formula, just as long as it's brewed by Snyder. At least Marvel movies are all of the same genre. I don't understand why Superman needs the same color scheme as 300.

"This! Is! Krypton!"

BANNED

Also, I have to say that this is something of an odd double standard.

"You can tell a Marvel movie because it comes from a formula! But you can tell a Snyder film is a Snyder film!"

Seems you're okay with a formula, just as long as it's brewed by Snyder. At least Marvel movies are all of the same genre. I don't understand why Superman needs the same color scheme as 300.

"This! Is! Krypton!"
    Be thankful Snyder did not reuse the Spartan outfit^^ But at least Cavill would not have needed CGI to get into form.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Word of advice: DNFtT
    Precisely.

It's not worth the time or the data cost.

BANNED

Nope. Please see the Snyder Cut thread spoilers because this was brought up already. what separates both movies has always been the tone and different style of how their movies are shot. Out of curiosity, you do know that Snyder even said this is the difference between both series. He Snyder
    Snyder in quote.

He told The New York Times that he knew before BvS, 'when we made Man of Steel', that the general audiences hadn't taken to his vision for superheroes with the same enthusiasm that they had for Marvel movies. He said, "Marvel is doing something else. They’re doing, at the highest level, this popular action-comedy with a heart. And they have that nailed. An effort to duplicate that is insanity because they’re so good at it. What DC had was mythology at an epic level, and we were going to take them on this amazing journey. Frankly, I was the only one saying that."

https://www.hindustantimes.com/enter...730280995.html

It is about tone. additionally action comedies movies have their own film making baggage they bring with it. if IW/Endgame is Mars Attacks, the JL Cut is War of the Worlds.

Snyder is right when he said DC was more epic level because JL Ending battle did feel more like Lord of the Rings. it is not about color because I am not a fan of JL Cut in black and white.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-07-2021 at 05:30 AM.

BANNED

"additionally action comedies movies have their own film making baggage they bring with it"

And Snyder movies do not?

"War of the Worlds"
    What version?
    Last edited by lowfyr; 04-07-2021 at 05:41 AM.

Ultimate Member

Nope. Please see the Snyder Cut thread spoilers because this was brought up already. what separates both movies has always been the tone and different style of how their movies are shot. Out of curiosity, you do know that Snyder even said this is the difference between both series. He Snyder
    Snyder in quote.

He told The New York Times that he knew before BvS, 'when we made Man of Steel', that the general audiences hadn't taken to his vision for superheroes with the same enthusiasm that they had for Marvel movies. He said, "Marvel is doing something else. They’re doing, at the highest level, this popular action-comedy with a heart. And they have that nailed. An effort to duplicate that is insanity because they’re so good at it. What DC had was mythology at an epic level, and we were going to take them on this amazing journey. Frankly, I was the only one saying that."

https://www.hindustantimes.com/enter...730280995.html

It is about tone. additionally action comedies movies have their own film making baggage they bring with it. if IW/Endgame is Mars Attacks, the JL Cut is War of the Worlds.

Snyder is right when he said DC was more epic level because JL Ending battle did feel more like Lord of the Rings. it is not about color because I am not a fan of JL Cut in black and white.
    More epic? In that they're fighting off the underling of a guy who was left bleeding and broken the first invasion?

Fighting a God who can throw moons is almost by definition, more epic

Extraordinary Member

I tend to find battle scenes involving 2 armies charging at each other somewhat more reminiscent of Lord of the Rings than scenes that don't do that.

Ultimate Member

...no, just no.

Superman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman were pretty much the same character on a different scale in action scenes.

Flash had a cool scene, but Cyborg, super tech God had...just laser hands and extra arms. Super tech! I liked how he had a cannon with an ammo box in the Knightmare scenes. That's high technology!
    Exactly. Cyborg can do so much with his tech powers. Even Flash has intangibility and Aquaman has telepathy. I think Wonder Woman did too once. But we mostly got super strength, with some super speed and flight. What a surprise. At least Superman using his heat ray and freeze breath was something, even if cutting off Steppenwolf's horn didn't seem to do anything.

I actually thought for one hot moment that the release of the Snyder Cut meant that the Snyder Cult would finally stop constantly whinging about/attacking the MCU to assuage their inferiority complex, but I guess some hurts are just too deep to heal.