View Poll Results: Which do you prefer ZS Justice League or Infinity War/Endgame?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zack Snyder’s Justice League

19 13.57%
  • Avengers Infinity War-Endgame

121 86.43%
Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Honesty there is nothing funny really funny about it, I also think it is quite disrespectful because people actually do this for a real living and only earn money only when they get better at it. Perfecting a craft is hard work. Many of these film makers are not as lucky or fortunate to be in the established rich studio that made IW/Endgame, Where you don’t really have to do any heavy lifting to bring this film to life because everything has always been set up even before you sign the contract.
    I'm sure all the hard-working craftspeople who toiled on IW/E would find that comment incredibly disrespectful. They did plenty of "heavy lifting" to bring those films to life. Just because Marvel might have a formula (no small feat since it works and people have obviously tried and failed to replicate it) doesn't change the fact that the people who worked on it are just as deserving of respect as people who worked on Snyder's art film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I tend to find battle scenes involving 2 armies charging at each other somewhat more reminiscent of Lord of the Rings than scenes that don't do that.
    Lord of the Rings is highly favoured and fortunate because it is old fashion epic fantasy universe. so you can equate Lord of the Rings to Ben Hur, Gladiator, Chariots of Fire and some Ceceil Demile movies like The Ten Commandments.

2 armies fighting each other in superhero lenses has just never looked as convincing as traditional epic movies, it is one of the most common book movie weakness.

What I will say Snyder's cut has in common in LOTR is the visual medium. Darkseid does look more like an Orc from Lord of the rings than Thanos

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm sure all the hard-working craftspeople who toiled on IW/E would find that comment incredibly disrespectful. They did plenty of "heavy lifting" to bring those films to life. Just because Marvel might have a formula (no small feat since it works and people have obviously tried and failed to replicate it) doesn't change the fact that the people who worked on it are just as deserving of respect as people who worked on Snyder's art film.
    Don't waste your energy trying to convince him.

Extraordinary Member

Lord of the Rings is highly favoured and fortunate because it is old fashion epic fantasy universe. so you can equate Lord of the Rings to Ben Hur, Gladiator, Chariots of Fire and some Ceceil Demile movies like The Ten Commandments.

2 armies fighting each other in superhero lenses has just never looked as convincing as traditional epic movies, it is one of the most common book movie weakness.

What I will say Snyder's cut has in common in LOTR is the visual medium. Darkseid does look more like an Orc from Lord of the rings than Thanos
    That's a bad thing. You just said the big bad of the whole DCEU looks like a common fantasy evil foot soldier.

BANNED

"epic fantasy universe" means "Ben Hur, Gladiator, Chariots of Fire and some Ceceil Demile movies like The Ten Commandments". Sure.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Exactly. Cyborg can do so much with his tech powers. Even Flash has intangibility and Aquaman has telepathy. I think Wonder Woman did too once. But we mostly got super strength, with some super speed and flight. What a surprise. At least Superman using his heat ray and freeze breath was something, even if cutting off Steppenwolf's horn didn't seem to do anything.
    Sonics, cloaks, Cyborg could have been, and should have been a threat to Supes. That would have been a good way to push him, IMO.

I know some have said that Snyder wanted to depict the JLA as Gods, but in that regard, he fell short by a wide margin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    That's a bad thing. You just said the big bad of the whole DCEU looks like a common fantasy evil foot soldier.
    It's not a bad thing actually. it is good. one common criticism of IW/Endgame I don't even bother to discuss anymore is that those movies look like cartoons-video games. Snyder and Peter Jackson somehow came up with a better alternative to that. I think that is a good thing for fantasy and comic book movies because usually non human looking characters in this genre get easily mocked.

Snyder succeeded with the appearance of Darkesied in a way Bryan Singer failed so miserably with X-men Apocalypse and I don't see anyone calling Daekseid Big Purple dude like Thanos either.

So looking like an Orc from Lord of the rings was a good film making decision compared to what we have seen in the past.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Sonics, cloaks, Cyborg could have been, and should have been a threat to Supes. That would have been a good way to push him, IMO.

I know some have said that Snyder wanted to depict the JLA as Gods, but in that regard, he fell short by a wide margin.
    Yeah, Cyborg can transform into a variety of devices but only used a few in this movie. Frankly, I think powers like invisibility and intangibility aren't used often enough. It doesn't help that Martian Manhunter and Atom didn't do anything, and Green Lantern wasn't even in here.

Also, why does the JL have to be "gods"? People with powers is more interesting to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Honestly I dont agree, they are less deserving, if you don't do most of the work, you don't deserve the same equal praise.

what is the difference between James Cameron Avatar and the Russos Endgame apart from fighting for the number 1 box office movie of all time?

also why is the success of the Snyder cut seen more as a vindication for Zack Snyder than WB the studio? or why Ryan Reynolds gets sole credit for the Deadpool films success and not Fox.

Formula styled movies don't deserve the same level of praise as non formula styled movies because their artistic input is lower.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-07-2021 at 07:16 AM.

Ultimate Member

Honestly I dont agree, they are less deserving, if you don't do most the work, you don't deserve the same equal praise.

what is the difference between James Cameron Avatar and the Russos Endgame apart from fighting for the number 1 box office movie of all time?

also why is the success of the Snyder cut seen more as a vindication for Zack Snyder than WB the studio? or why Ryan Reynolds gets sole credit for the Deadpool films success and not Fox.

Formula styled movies don't deserve the same level of praise as non formula styled movies because their artistic input is lower.
    The difference between Avatar, Justice League and Endgame, is that Endgame invokes far more emotion, the actors give far better performances and the storylines compliment the characters far better.

Other than that, yeah, nothin'.

I seriously don't know why you all continue to poke the bear.

Anyway, in regards to Avengers v. Justice League, it's not really a fair comparison. With a large chunk of the characters in the Avengers films you had multiple films before it to get to know and care about the characters, so there was more emotional investment in what happened to them. Half the Justice League were mostly introduced in Justice League, so it had a harder time making you form that investment. It's not really an apples-to-apples thing with the two movies.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I seriously don't know why you all continue to poke the bear.

Anyway, in regards to Avengers v. Justice League, it's not really a fair comparison. With a large chunk of the characters in the Avengers films you had multiple films before it to get to know and care about the characters, so there was more emotional investment in what happened to them. Half the Justice League were mostly introduced in Justice League, so it had a harder time making you form that investment. It's not really an apples-to-apples thing with the two movies.
    True. I think this generally speaks to why one approach succeeded and the other didn't as much.

Regardless, I hope DCEU continues to improve. I hope someday we can get a great Justice League movie.

Extraordinary Member

A fairer comparison would've been the first Avengers movie and the Snyder-cut. They're both starting out from similar points, there's pretty much the same number of heroic main characters and the plots have several similarities.

Infinity War is just better in every regard compared to Justice League. It's has a better villain, more interesting action scenes, accomplishes an astonishing balancing act with it's like 20+ main characters (though Thanos is the true lead of the story) and has a much ballsier ending.

And personally I just enjoyed Infinity War so much more. Snyder's version the Justice League is an improvement overall compared to the theatrical release, but it still left me feeling pretty cold at the end.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    A fairer comparison would've been the first Avengers movie and the Snyder-cut. They're both starting out from similar points, there's pretty much the same number of heroic main characters and the plots have several similarities.

Infinity War is just better in every regard compared to Justice League. It's has a better villain, more interesting action scenes, accomplishes an astonishing balancing act with it's like 20+ main characters (though Thanos is the true lead of the story) and has a much ballsier ending.

And personally I just enjoyed Infinity War so much more. Snyder's version the Justice League is an improvement overall compared to the theatrical release, but it still left me feeling pretty cold at the end.
    I feel Avengers 1 was also better because the characters were more entertaining and interesting, and it built on the previous films.

I think Infinity War is the best of the bunch followed by Endgame over the Justice League Synder Cut. Like someone else mentioned, its a bit unfair compare the Synder Cut to two films that are the finale to an epic saga that spanned 10-11 years.