Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Default Connor Hawke: Green Arrow appreciation 2021

With Connors return (finally) right around the corner I thought I'd make an appreciation thread for him. I hope hell be around so we can post his current appearances here. Maybe hell even have another team up with Wally and Kyle.

A bit about Connor.
    Connor Hawke met Oliver Queen after Oliver came to stay at the ashram where Connor had been studying for some years. Oliver who had previously retreated to the ashram decades before, looking for peace after accidentally killing a criminal (in The Flash (Vol 1) #217), returned to the ashram under similar circumstances, haunted by the thought that he had killed his former best friend Hal Jordan, who, at the time, was involuntarily serving as the host of the supervillain Parallax. Thanks to Connor, who was a big fan of Green Arrow, Oliver was able to regain a semblance of inner peace and venture out into the world again, especially after numerous attempts on his life had been made.

Connor decided to journey with Oliver, and created a costume similar to his. Connor served as Oliver's sidekick, also meeting with Eddie Fyers, the former federal agent that acted as a form of counsel for Oliver. It was during this time that Oliver learned about his connection to Connor from the ghost of Hal Jordan: Connor was Oliver's son, conceived during Oliver's college years.[2] Eddie Fyers had already deduced this, but Oliver did not take the revelation well. He subsequently agreed to go undercover in an eco-terrorist group called the Eden Corps for the government. The mission turned out to be fatal for Oliver, as his arm was connected to a bomb in a plane that was headed for Metropolis. Rather than endanger Metropolis, and refusing to allow his arm to be amputated, he sacrificed himself to let the bomb explode away from the city. With his father dead, Connor decided to take up the mantle of Green Arrow and continue his hero's work.

Connor_Hawke_007.jpg
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Connor will appear next in Robin's new series coming out this month and in DC's Asian celebration issue in May and in Green Arrow 80th anniversary special in June.

ROBIN_Cv3_VAR_SILO.jpg
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 04-07-2021 at 06:20 AM.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

He's a character that interested me. What are his spotlight issues? Has his run as Green Arrow been collected in a trade paperback or omnibus?

I'm hoping he's Damian's friendly rivals in Robin. Have him be an antivillian to Damian's antihero.

Back in the day I wanted him to be a member of the Fist Clan with Silver Monkey as a mentor turned enemy. I hope that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    He's a character that interested me. What are his spotlight issues? Has his run as Green Arrow been collected in a trade paperback or omnibus?

I'm hoping he's Damian's friendly rivals in Robin. Have him be an antivillian to Damian's antihero.

Back in the day I wanted him to be a member of the Fist Clan with Silver Monkey as a mentor turned enemy. I hope that happens.
    His first appearance was in GA #0 from 1993.

81mzuK0HAmL.jpg

Then there is the story line where Angels fear to tread, leading up to issue 100 where he takes up the mantle of GA. The rest of the series is his solo title by Chuck Dicon which is pretty good.

Then Connor goes on to be a main cast member in the next GA series from 2001. Appears again in GA/BC from 2007 which kinda bounced him around through amnesia and new powers and some other weird stuff. He also had his own mini series in 2007 by Dixon which I heard is pretty good but havent gotten to yet.

I believe his solo stint on GA from issue 100 is collected and his mini from 2007 is a TPB as well.

I hope they dont make him evil or gritty since one of the reasons I like the character is that he doesnt have a bad bone in him and is the nicest guy to a fault.

I always kind of viewed him as DC's Iron Fist. I think they have a lot of similarities. Hes always been a great martial artist even with his archery. I wouldn't mind them.giving him some low level super power to differentiate him from Ollie.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

"When we first started talking about doing the book, and we started talking about the tournament and what Damian was going to be going through -- because of Connor Hawke and his own past and his own history and being this amazing hand-to-hand fighter -- I was like, 'Oh, I have to have Connor Hawke.' Connor Hawke hasn't been seen in the DC Universe in like ten years, and I always liked that character. I was always bummed that [Connor] got shoved to the side. And so I started just asking, I was already asking about Ravager and other ones, but I really felt like I needed Connor. I was piecing all these things together with him and Damian, and at the same time, I was thinking about who were the people who would have these kinds of competitions.

When you look at something like Court of Owls, part of the logic of Court of Owls was that the owl is a natural predator for bats. So it works with those characters. So I was like, 'Okay, well, I'll take that logic and apply it to Robin. What are robin's natural predators?' And I looked it up and it was hawks.

I just felt like all this was coming together. I went to DC and was like, 'Hey, listen, here are all my thoughts on how I want to do it.' And at first, I was like, 'Well, [Connor's] only going to be a side thing. He'll be part of the book, we'll slowly introduce him.' But then once I started writing the book and I started realizing, it never clicked in my brain until I was actually writing it how much Damian and Connor have in common.

I was able to really bring him more and more in the book, and he took on a larger role. Once I started really outlining out what the whole first part was going to be, the emotional story for Damian became tied in with Connor Hawke and what Connor Hawke is going through. It jelled really, really well. Issue #3 has a big scene with the two of them that's one of my favorite things I've done in a long time. It's one of my favorite scenes in the book, the two of them having, essentially, a bonding moment where they're talking about what their lives have been like and how much they have in common.

I feel like I ran into some chemistry with the two of them, with Ravager, couple of other characters that we show. Something clicked when I was working on it."

- Joshua Williamson

I can't post the freaking link since it turns into ******
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 04-07-2021 at 09:55 AM.

Spectacular Member

I have a question, on DC Wikia it say Connor Hawke appear in Green Arrow #25 from Ben Percy (In a Flashforward). Do you know if the author has plan for this return before he left the title ?

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    With Connors return (finally) right around the corner I thought I'd make an appreciation thread for him. I hope hell be around so we can post his current appearances here. Maybe hell even have another team up with Wally and Kyle.

A bit about Connor.
    Connor Hawke met Oliver Queen after Oliver came to stay at the ashram where Connor had been studying for some years. Oliver who had previously retreated to the ashram decades before, looking for peace after accidentally killing a criminal (in The Flash (Vol 1) #217), returned to the ashram under similar circumstances, haunted by the thought that he had killed his former best friend Hal Jordan, who, at the time, was involuntarily serving as the host of the supervillain Parallax. Thanks to Connor, who was a big fan of Green Arrow, Oliver was able to regain a semblance of inner peace and venture out into the world again, especially after numerous attempts on his life had been made.

Connor decided to journey with Oliver, and created a costume similar to his. Connor served as Oliver's sidekick, also meeting with Eddie Fyers, the former federal agent that acted as a form of counsel for Oliver. It was during this time that Oliver learned about his connection to Connor from the ghost of Hal Jordan: Connor was Oliver's son, conceived during Oliver's college years.[2] Eddie Fyers had already deduced this, but Oliver did not take the revelation well. He subsequently agreed to go undercover in an eco-terrorist group called the Eden Corps for the government. The mission turned out to be fatal for Oliver, as his arm was connected to a bomb in a plane that was headed for Metropolis. Rather than endanger Metropolis, and refusing to allow his arm to be amputated, he sacrificed himself to let the bomb explode away from the city. With his father dead, Connor decided to take up the mantle of Green Arrow and continue his hero's work.

Connor_Hawke_007.jpg
    Yes!! Glad this character has an appreciation thread!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    His first appearance was in GA #0 from 1993.

81mzuK0HAmL.jpg

Then there is the story line where Angels fear to tread, leading up to issue 100 where he takes up the mantle of GA. The rest of the series is his solo title by Chuck Dicon which is pretty good.

Then Connor goes on to be a main cast member in the next GA series from 2001. Appears again in GA/BC from 2007 which kinda bounced him around through amnesia and new powers and some other weird stuff. He also had his own mini series in 2007 by Dixon which I heard is pretty good but havent gotten to yet.

I believe his solo stint on GA from issue 100 is collected and his mini from 2007 is a TPB as well.

I hope they dont make him evil or gritty since one of the reasons I like the character is that he doesnt have a bad bone in him and is the nicest guy to a fault.

I always kind of viewed him as DC's Iron Fist. I think they have a lot of similarities. Hes always been a great martial artist even with his archery. I wouldn't mind them.giving him some low level super power to differentiate him from Ollie.
    I see the Iron Fist angle. Connor is Iron Fist, Roy is Hawkeye .

Thanks for the advice.

Ultimate Member

Is Oliver old enough to be Connor's dad again? Haven't been following the canon.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    I have a question, on DC Wikia it say Connor Hawke appear in Green Arrow #25 from Ben Percy (In a Flashforward). Do you know if the author has plan for this return before he left the title ?
    He said he planned to write Connor before it was cancelled on Twitter and he's gonna write for GA 80th anniversary but don't know yet who he's gonna write
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 04-07-2021 at 09:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Is Oliver old enough to be Connor's dad again? Haven't been following the canon.
    Your never to old to be a hoe
    I can belive he had some fun with a ninja 15 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I don't think he's Post-Crisis old but you can probably headcanon him as being old enough.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'm just nervous that Connor is going to be made into a villain.
    I thought his tenure in the GA title #101-137 was top notch and did a stellar job fleshing out the character.

Pre 52, he was top 3 martial artists in the DCU - battling Shiva to a draw.
    In his mini series he was exposed to (I kid you not) dragon blood giving him abilities.
    He was given ANOTHER upgrade in the GA/Black Canary title.

Wiliamson has a few credits with me, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here...
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think he's Post-Crisis old but you can probably headcanon him as being old enough.
    He only needs to be about 40. He could've been a teenager (18) when he fathered Connor, like he was when he fathered William in Arrow.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman