Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Ollie's goatee looks so weird here .

Incredible Member

Any thoughts on how Connor was written?

Incredible Member

Loved Conner’s stint as GA. With Kyle as GL, and Wally and Dick replacing their mentors, I though DC was powering into a real future. Sad outcome.

The conversation was great. It also raises some questions about how much of Connor's prior history is canon again now, since he mentioned Ollie's death and resurrection. Was he ever part of the Justice League in this continuity? Guessing not.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

"My dad has a thing about fishnets"

God help me, the first thing my mind went to was Ollie parading around in Dinah's stockings.
    Last edited by married guy; 06-22-2021 at 10:57 PM.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Any thoughts on how Connor was written?

It's amazing how much Bruce and Ollie unintentionally parallel each other.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Loved Conner’s stint as GA. With Kyle as GL, and Wally and Dick replacing their mentors, I though DC was powering into a real future. Sad outcome.
    It was one of the biggest losses. And the impact extended to BOP, Canary, and the incredible growth Roy Harper had (and it killed his best costume --I loved the nods to his Native American heritage)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Thanks.

The presentation is gorgeous and it's good to see Connor is action. I do wonder if he is under some form of mind control or something. It's hard to imagine what could have transpired that he'd be willing to break a neck like that, even if it is Raptor's. (Speaking of, weird to bring back a pretty cool Nightwing rogue just to kill him off again like this.)
    Raptor's good, but he's not Connor-good so I don't mind, and the others have mentioned that you can't die on Lazarus Island so it's fine, at least for now. I'm guessing the probable blackmail-killing morality conflict will reach its point in the climax, once they can't be brought back to life again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's amazing how much Bruce and Ollie unintentionally parallel each other.
    Green Arrow was basically Batman as an archer when he started in 1941. That's why Oliver had Roy as a sidekick right off the bat, they were copying Batman and Robin. The only reason they got away with it was because the two were both published by National Comics (which later became DC). Had Green Arrow been a Timely (Marvel) character, then you can bet the creators would've been sued for plagiarism, like Fawcett later would be regarding Captain Marvel's similarity to Superman (they eventually bought them out).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Great Connor stuff from yesterdays issue. The fight was a bit quick and unclear. It looked like Damien was landing all the hits so I was confused when he ended up all bloodied up and Connor won by one grab of his cape.

Connor didnt really seem to have remorse either when he threw him off the cliff. But all in all was cool to see him get some decent page time. Ill be back to this series in a few issues when Connor is back.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Raptor's good, but he's not Connor-good so I don't mind, and the others have mentioned that you can't die on Lazarus Island so it's fine, at least for now. I'm guessing the probable blackmail-killing morality conflict will reach its point in the climax, once they can't be brought back to life again.
    ::shrug:: Power rankings aside, it just felt kinda weird to me to bring back a recently created Nightwing Rogue who was a good villain for the character (Dick doesn't have as many seminal-feeling villains uniquely his own for as a long as he's been around being Nightwing) just to have him killed at the hands of someone else. Bit of a dissonance for me. (Even though he is revived.)

Amazing Member

I wonder if maybe this Connor is post-being shot in the head, he got picked up by the League of Shadows and they brainwashed him. It would make his lack of remorse make more sense. Other than that, great Connor issue! I liked him talking to someone about his issues with Ollie. I wonder if he and Roy or Emiko will get to interact anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    I agree. It all felt like a natural evolution of the DCU in many ways .... reminiscent of the dawn of the Silver Age.

Connor has a story in the Green Arrow 100 Page Giant.