Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    LIAN IS BACK?!?!?!?

I guess I gotta read a Catwoman book
    Not sure if that's been confirmed, though.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I hope it ism I have so many questions. I would've never thought to read Catwoman for a Lian appearance.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    It has. Shoes was revealed to be Lian Harper in DC's Festival of Heroes, released yesterday.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Connor's upcoming role in the Robin title is the only reason I'm picking it up.
    Green Arrow isn't currently being published. What about relaunching with Team Arrow again?
    Ollie, Dinah, Sin, Emiko, Connor, Mia, Roy & Lian. They can ALL make appearances. It's no longer Ollie against the world. He has a network of operatives/family he trusts and works alongside.
    I wonder if Diggle would still be around too? He was around through most of the New 52 and Rebirth runs.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder if Diggle would still be around too? He was around through most of the New 52 and Rebirth runs.
    I like Diggle but it seems like they're excising him from the Arrow Familly/comics.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Connor's upcoming role in the Robin title is the only reason I'm picking it up.
    Green Arrow isn't currently being published. What about relaunching with Team Arrow again?
    Ollie, Dinah, Sin, Emiko, Connor, Mia, Roy & Lian. They can ALL make appearances. It's no longer Ollie against the world. He has a network of operatives/family he trusts and works alongside.
    Agreed. We have Connor in this one shot and in Robin. Oliver in JL and Checkmate. With a special next month that claims to set up the future for the GA corner. I think a series focusing on one or maybe a few GA characters is due.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

When does it even take place? Kenan has his original costume, not the updated one with the yin-yang S shield, so it can't be now. And Kenan wasn't around yet when Connor was active as Green Arrow (in the Robin book, he doesn't seem to be using that name or costume). Has Connor been retconned into being active during DC Rebirth?
    I think you're focusing on something they didn't care about. Unless these writers come back to these characters I don't see any of this special being picked up. It was just a fun one off.

20210511_184332.jpg

Also from Asian festival of heroes.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like Diggle but it seems like they're excising him from the Arrow Familly/comics.
    Is he in the new Checkmate book? That seems like the kind of place for him to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Is he in the new Checkmate book? That seems like the kind of place for him to show up.
    Ollie might bring him in, but I kind of doubt it.

Astonishing Member

It has. Shoes was revealed to be Lian Harper in DC's Festival of Heroes, released yesterday.
    Ah, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    20210511_184332.jpg

Also from Asian festival of heroes.
    I honestly forgot he was also asian
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I honestly forgot he was also asian
    Yep. Connor's a Black Korean-American dude. Who happened to have grown up in a monastery and have a White dad.

Truth is that like his Black side, which tended to get treated as an optional feature, his Korean side was never really explored or functionally ever acknowledged. Said Korean side also tended to be treated visually as an optional feature.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 05-15-2021 at 12:20 AM.

Connor gets some cool shots in todays Robin #2. Cant wait until next months issue where he looks to be the center.

11.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Connor gets some cool shots in todays Robin #2. Cant wait until next months issue where he looks to be the center.

11.jpg
    Looking good .