Astonishing Member

Default Amazing Spider-man 63 Review, if you want to put Spoilers here.

I enjoyed the issue, the character moments between Robbie, Randy, and Tombstone reaction is hilarious. man this issue was so much fun and as much I miss Gleason and Bagley. the artwork is so good and i really liking the new artist Vicentini even though he been doing the companion issues for Last Remains. he does great action scenes. I guess this thread is for putting spoilers. and reviews and discussion

Mighty Member

Like the way how Randy's and Beetle's friends tried to advise them about dating someone from the opposite side of the law. Reminds me of Spidey and Black Cat's ill fated romance.

An enjoyable read to say the least. Yes, the whole Kindred subplot is still in the background, but the other plots going on this issue were well done. Much happened, but it didn't feel cluttered. I concur, the conversation that Randy and Janice had with their respective friends was well worth it. Felt good to see superpowered folk just talk about relationships.

I will say the issue went a little tame in one scene involving Randy and Janice. I get it, Spider-Man has an audience with kids, but some emotional shock was blunted.

In any case, though, I was good with this issue. Great read!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

BANNED

This comic feels for the first time that Spencer blended in SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN with the world and style of ASM. The entire storytelling, the parallel-cutting, the intricate plotting, and the comedy all comes together.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    This comic feels for the first time that Spencer blended in SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN with the world and style of ASM. The entire storytelling, the parallel-cutting, the intricate plotting, and the comedy all comes together.
    You didn't feel that with A Trivial Pursuit?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    You didn't feel that with A Trivial Pursuit?
    It was getting there, and many moments throughout the comic was apporaching...but this is the moment where you 'we have arrived'.

Trivial Pursuit/Game Night is a two-hander between Peter and Boomerang and it's an Amazing Spider-Man story with Fred rather than a true blend.

Enjoyed this very much. A lot is going on. The doomed romance between Randy and Janice was front and center. Two disapproving fathers. For opposite reasons. The advice given to them by their friends. Sounds like a real world situation. Lol. Fred is still an ass but he livens up the book. Hammerhead, Owl, Tombstone. Of course Fisk. JJ. Baron Mordo. Like I said a lot is going on.