Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Best Mystery Reveal in a TV Show or Film

What in your opinion was the best mystery reveal ever in a tv show or film?

It can be based on the shock of the reveal or how the story evolved or perhaps the performances of the actors involved.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

The revelation that (Spoilers) Leland Palmer (Spoilers) was Bob in Twin Peaks, while something the showrunners were firmly against, was probably the best way they could've gone about revealing Laura Palmer's killer.

Extraordinary Member

I may be in the minority but I was really shocked at the reveal that Ward was traitor working for Hydra on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I had suspected several members at different times but when Ward jumped out of the plane to save Jemma's life, I felt he had proved himself to the team. So I was shocked.

I thought they did a great job with this mystery in the first season of the show.

First episode of this is us. The way the mystery of how all these different characters were connected and came together was done really good imo. It's only one episode so I wouldn't put it up there with show long mysteries but I can't think of anything else atm.

Extraordinary Member

I’d submit the reveal(s) at the end of The Prestige.

Nolan does a great job letting us deduce the horror of Angier’s method for the trick in a very clear manner... but the reveal about Borden’s method is so simplistically bamboozling that it elevates the film in rewatches.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    The revelation that spoilers:
    Leland Palmer
    end of spoilers was Bob in Twin Peaks, while something the showrunners were firmly against, was probably the best way they could've gone about revealing Laura Palmer's killer.
    You have to use [ ] not ( ) for Spoil code. and its "spoil" not plural spoilers. Also you have to put / before the spoil in the end tag.
    So it should look like this [ spoil ] spoiler info [ / spoil ] without any spaces.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 04-07-2021 at 06:13 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Fight Club.
    Usual Suspects
    Maltese Falcon
    Psycho
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The Elias reveal in "Persons of Interest". They got so corky they reused the Keyser Soze twist for 5-6 more times.

Retired

"What is THE GOOD PLACE?" Alex.

Astonishing Member

The Usual Suspects

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    First episode of this is us. The way the mystery of how all these different characters were connected and came together was done really good imo. It's only one episode so I wouldn't put it up there with show long mysteries but I can't think of anything else atm.
    I agree. I was hooked by that reveal. The first three seasons of that show were filled with similar kinds of shocking reveals but that first episode remains the best IMO.

Extraordinary Member

I can't believe I haven't mentioned this one yet, but it goes down as one of the best for sure.

Who killed Lily Kane on Veronica Mars. That entire first season was AMAZING. All the clues were there but I never suspected the killer until the reveal. An absolutely perfect season with an incredible mystery.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Fight Club.
    Usual Suspects
    Facts on facts with these two
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Fringe Season 1 finale with Olivia meeting Nimoy and that they are in the World Trade Center.

Incredible Member

wayward pines