Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
I was recently wondering if there might be mutants (especialy former villains), who might consider themself not worthy of being brought back from the dead, beacuse of their trauma or the sins they commited and instead would seek the compromise that if they die, Krakoa will bring back a younger (or even newborn) version of themself, who are free of these issues.
Basicly a second chance for a new version of themself.

Which narrative would also create a set of mutant characters who are actualy still in danger of dying (as the characters they are), adding tension to their involvements in stories.

But this also made me notice that there was always a fourth option they could have picked for Sabertooth.

If i recall right the reasoning for throwing him into the pit was that they can't let him run around the outside world, because he would just kill humans again, they can't kill him, because no mutant is allowed to stay dead and they can't put him in a prison because Krakoa is not supposed to have prisons.

So instead they threw him into a pit where he would remain in an eternal fully aware stasis.

But as mentioned. There was a fourth option. Execute him and bring an entirely fresh version of him back, who could grow up in a way that would prevent him from being the person the original Sabertooth was.

Now mind you that's still a pretty amoral idea, but given the extreme context it would be a form of redemption and second chance, while the alternative is eternal torture, which isn't particular moraly upright either.

So yeah. it feels like they are weirdly trigger happy at times with throwing mutants in the pit, when they still have alternatives at hand.
If he doesn't remember anything, and is just a child, then he's just not Creed, but a clone.

That said, yeah, the whole thing feels iffy.