Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Is she unhappy with her current body, or her body when she was Psylocke? I'm a bit confused.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Is she unhappy with her current body, or her body when she was Psylocke? I'm a bit confused.
    My guess it is her current body, she liked it more when it was Kwannon... Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    My guess it is her current body, she liked it more when it was Kwannon... Yikes
    This does not make any sense, she just recreated her own body the way she wanted
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    This does not make any sense, she just recreated her own body the way she wanted
    That’s what I said, but everyone seems to disagree. I dunno

maybe she's unhappy with the current model created by Sinister?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    That wouldn’t apply if Betsy has body dysmorphia though. She could look perfect, but her perception of herself would still be skewed.
    And as a gay man I see an issue with my body that other people don’t. So yeah. It’s my perception of how I look, while others say I “look great”. I don’t see it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    maybe she's unhappy with the current model created by Sinister?
    It started before it

I’ll be honest I did not read the mini-series where Betsy recreated her body cause it was part of the bloated Return of Wolverine mess and I was pretty soured on X-Men comics back then.

Did Betsy recreate her original English body or an idealized version of herself? Because if it’s her original body and she had body image issues (according to Williams and Howard) then it makes sense that those would still be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’ll be honest I did not read the mini-series where Betsy recreated her body cause it was part of the bloated Return of Wolverine mess and I was pretty soured on X-Men comics back then.

Did Betsy recreate her original English body or an idealized version of herself? Because if it’s her original body and she had body image issues (according to Williams and Howard) then it makes sense that those would still be there.
    She created her version of herself. Permanent purple hair and eyes and everything.

The take Williams started of “hating” her body feels like a big misinterpretation of Betsy and just doesn’t ring true.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 04-07-2021 at 07:38 PM.

One problem I did have with the issue though is that the characters felt so human and in this case it wasn't a good thing. They seemed so vain and maybe I thought about it because of the angel looks right for business comment. But all the " I don't have the legs" and "I'm not tall enough." As I was reading I remember feeling like they are on an island if mutants worrying about size and leg length. It felt kind of basic to me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

It's time for Excalibur and Howard to part ways. Enough is enough. WTF was this mess.

Its the way she made her own body that causes this to feel extra bizarre, because it kind of leads to the thought that she felt better in Kwannon's body, which is...................yikes.

I've seen rumors of a big line shakeup following the weird couple month break we're going to get, so Excalibur might be getting the ax entirely. Apparently they want to streamline things. But take that with a grain of salt

Fantastic Member

I don't see what Howard meant when she said Rogue was going to play a central role in the arc.

This arc feels like it was re-written right before it ended. Malice seems to pop up as late as possible with no foreshadowing; I guess Morgan le Faye and the AU Captain "not British" Britains did cameos without any payoff because reasons? This issue felt like a fill-in issue after the regular story line missed a deadline.

Still, a great issue for Gambit. /s

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

I've seen rumors of a big line shakeup following the weird couple month break we're going to get, so Excalibur might be getting the ax entirely. Apparently they want to streamline things. But take that with a grain of salt
    The Krakoan for next issue reads "Breaking Up" when really the title needs a reboot.

The whole thing with Malice just came out of nowhere. And it's kinda mean that they resurrected her without asking Lorna's opinion. I'd be pissed if I were her.