Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Spectacular Member

I think this is the best excalibur issue written so far, only issue is that at this point its feeling less like a team book, rogue also got put in the cover which made it look like she might help a bit and she actually has ways she could through getting some power from betsy and kwannon, on top of her actually having some relatability to this situation when you think about the situation she had been with captain marvel in the past.

Not really sure why Malice needs to be an angry teenager. No offence but we have a lot of teenage X-Men who are underutilised atm though I guess time will tell if we see anything further for Malice in Excalibur. If it turns out she is an older mutant who is in the body of a teenager, I think that could be more fun to play with.

We got some Jubilee but still does not justify her being in the book. Kwannon has been great. I really enjoyed them burning the clothes because they were not her style and appears to have been cathartic for both Betsy and Kwannon.

I am intrigued with the idea of what suicide means in Krakoa and how that reacts to the resurrections protocol. What if you have a mutant who does want to be resurrected after taking their own life? Can you only be allowed no resurrection if you die a natural death? These are questions which should be addressed in these books but not sure if Excalibur handled/explained this topic well-enough.

Also, the things Xavier was saying about Alice only shows that maybe a country should not have only three rules. Clearly from this issue of Excalibur and the New Mutants run, this is not OK for the children.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by warlockofgreed View Post
    I am intrigued with the idea of what suicide means in Krakoa and how that reacts to the resurrections protocol. What if you have a mutant who does want to be resurrected after taking their own life? Can you only be allowed no resurrection if you die a natural death? These are questions which should be addressed in these books but not sure if Excalibur handled/explained this topic well-enough.
    x-factor actually advertised on this, they have a resurrection protocols list in where that's one of the redacted lines. so I think it will be expanded and explained more in that book.

All-New Member

I'm sorry, but for me this was awful, had to keep checking the front cover just to make sure it wasn't called ' My Little Pony ' or something ! Think I've finally given up on this book.

Which is crazy because I think the this issue and last issue are the best of her run.

But overall much to be desired on my end.