Default How will the Krakoan age era continue to grow and expand

We know the age of Krakoa and by extension Arakko is just beginning so what exactly do you want to see that expands on the new status quo?

A few things i wanted to happen:

-mutant gods exploration (i believe Arakko has them?)

-the mutant afterlife explored (the waiting room)

-A book totally dedicated to Chimeras from either other realities or this one or BOTH! More juicy Sinister MESS!

I would also want to see eventually something of an okkara planet (a second mutant homeworld somewhere where both Krakoan and Arakkii flora and fauna flourish side by side). Give a team of mutants from arakko and Krakoa to govern it and run it.

Incredible Member

Get rid of the council, Krakoa needs democracy, they should hava a senate.
    They need national symbols, an anthem, a flag, a moto...
    Beast, Curse and Nature Girl should be in the pit.
    They should get rid of X-Force and have real security.
    They should get rid of X-Corp and have real business people in charge of business.
    They should get rid of the Sextant and have real teachers.
    Last edited by Milici; 01-26-2022 at 05:16 PM.

Above all else, Beast's ass needs to be turned into a throw rug. We can move on once that occurs.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

I really enjoyed the bustling vibe of Port Prometheus on Arakko (shops, bars, etc.) and want to see more of that. Emma mentioned how there are now dozens of aliens with permanent resident status and I find all of that really fun to explore. Tourism, working with other galactic societies.
    And eventually I'd like to see maybe parts of Krakoa open to tourists as well.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Let's open an international university and revive that X-Campus AU concept. But with beaches.

we need to open up the schools, i need to see more schools and teaching something would love to read something like that akin to Strange Academy. I also would like to see the exploration of a mutant religion. Also since Krakoa is like a nation it makes no sense why we dont have a flag as of yet or national monuments and things like that. Theres so much to explore with Krakoa, I would love to explore more of Arrako and its mutants and I want to see more of resurrection, the waiting room as well as the fact that mutants potentially getting power boosts after getting resurrected, that could totally allow Krakoa to grow their very small percent of omega level mutants.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member

I want an exploration of the culture clash on Krakoa. We should be having mutants from all the corners of the world here who were grown up and raised in different cultures and will have different reactions to different things. Some authors have actually done this, others have treated it like the one culture everyone has is mutant, which is weird because Mutant culture really isn't a thing (The most we've had on a unified mutant culture was Genosha (Which gone blown up) and some of the stuff that Morrison did which was almost twenty years ago). Let's see what exchange of ideas traditions, and so on lead to the developing Krakoan culture. How egalitarian is it going to be? How free is religion and are there any conflicts related to that? Will some mutants bring nationalistic tendencies from their own country with them and try to influence Krakoa in that direction?

Will we see government actually develop on Krakoa itself? I know some people have used the fact that it's a post-scarcity economy to say that the average mutant won't care about politics at all, but if anything some should at least have some interest in foreign affairs, domestic affairs, the local agenda, happenings on, Sinister tried to abduct my neighbors kids off the street last week in an ice cream van, what are you going to do about it, that sort of thing.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    They should get rid of X-Corp and have real business people in charge of business.
    They should discover Pyro's role in helping Nature Girl and Curse leave Krakoa, and punish him by forcing him to teach; perhaps literature, writing and journalism.

X-Corp should be merged with Hellfire.
    Last edited by Lady Midnight; 01-27-2022 at 01:36 PM.
    My flag is bacon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    They should discover Pyro's role in heling Nature Girl and Curse leave Krakoa, and punish him by forcing him to teach; perhaps literature, writing and journalism.
    Him, Doug, presumably Kitty. Doug could teach linguistics. Kitty could teach computers.

Hrrm, maybe they should found a school, maybe name it off of someone who made a sacrifice for the good of Krakoa. The Santo Vacarro Institute for Higher Learning perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Him, Doug, presumably Kitty. Doug could teach linguistics. Kitty could teach computers.

Hrrm, maybe they should found a school, maybe name it off of someone who made a sacrifice for the good of Krakoa. The Santo Vacarro Institute for Higher Learning perhaps?
    Awww Santo. He deserves a statue at the very least for sure.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Awww Santo. He deserves a statue at the very least for sure.
    He could be the statue.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

I know Hickman deliberately like, DIDN'T have a school on Krakoa because he was going for some kind of post-modernist take on just the unstructured sharing of ideas within the Akademos Habitat, but like eh. One of his weaker elements to be sure.

BUT if you wanna go the 'doing something new' route, I think it'd be interesting to show a post-scarcity mutant society building something like Guilds devoted to various powersets and structuring their learning and growth along that kind of model. So you'd have a Telepathy Guild, a Telekinetic Guild, a Metamorph Guild, a Teleporter Guild, an Elementalist Guild, and on and on for as many power 'umbrellas' as they have. With the idea being that even the most indistinct powersets like telepathy are distinct in the sense that no two mutant telepaths seem to use their gifts exactly the same way, and even the most distinctive powersets like say, a mutant like Sketch, could be described as a highly specialized version of reality-warping or matter creation, and thus fall under the purview of a Reality-Warper Guild or Creation Guild.

But the purpose of the Guilds would be they'd be places for mutants of similar or overlapping powersets to explore the very natures of their abilities and the limits of what they can do with them, especially now when they're in a place and time freed up from only having to devote those powers to being used for self-defense or for their martial capabilities. Have Guilds elect their own guild leaders from within every few years or something, and rather than just generically have SWORD or X-Force or the Marauders pull from the same handful of mutants every time they need to utilize a specific mutant gift, basing their picks off of their basic knowledge of all mutants present on Krakoa or whatever.....instead have various team leaders or individuals who need a specific powerset to add to a mutant circuit or to pursue some specific aim, like, go to that Guild and find out from the people who would know best, just which specific mutant variation of that broader power heading is going to be the best fit for any specifically designed mutant circuit or agenda.

And beyond just more easily or fully organizing mutant powers in ways that capitalize on the new mutant synergy idea of combining powersets to achieve ends no single power can achieve on its own....the Guilds would be a place for mutants to build on their commonalities and learn from the others MOST like them in ability or physiology, etc, and use the overlap in their powers and the individuality in their personal experiences with those powers to come up with and expand past just any single individual mutant's use of their gift to like.....exploring five hundred different mutants' take on that same gift....

BUT, at the same time, Guilds would be intended as more interactive, and lean into the idea of mutant synergy in order to yes, embrace community-building around specific mutant powers and experiences derived from those specific powers....but while AVOIDING a devolution into the kind of divisive tribalism Chuck Austen envisioned mutants falling prey to with his characters like Azazel and Maximus Lobo, each seeing 'their type' of mutant as most superior.

Because see, even as Krakoan teleporters all band together under the auspices of a Teleporter Guild in order to learn from each other and imagine bigger and more creative ways to push their limits and uses for their powers than any single one of them can come up with on their own......

They would ALSO use the infrastructure of the Guild system to easily coordinate with other Guilds when exploring all the avenues that mutant circuits open up for them. The Probabilities Guild of mutants like Domino, Roulette and others gets a request from the Teleporter Guild....Lila Cheney, the current Teleporter Guild leader says hey, some of my Guild had this idea for linking up teleporters with probability and quantum manipulating mutants in order to teleport to alternate realities - do you have anyone over there who's free at the moment and interested in exploring this, that you could send over to test out some circuits with us? And then Domino or whoever is leading the Probability Guild at the moment says sure, asks around her Guild for volunteers, and sends over a shortlist to Lila to see which probability manipulators might best link up with whichever teleporters she has working on this. Maybe also says hey have you considered hitting up the Clairvoyant Guild or Precog Guild and adding some navigation into these particular circuits, just because there's so damn many alternate realities and timelines you'll probably want a built-in mechanism for ensuring you can always find your way back to the right place?

And at the same time Lila might also be fielding requests from a Precog Guild and Chronos (Time Manipulator) Guild co-op endeavor, asking about teleporters available for circuits aimed at exploring or mapping possible future timelines 'in person' so to speak, or the Telepath Guild looking for teleporters to test out some new theories about combining teleportation with telepaths in the Astral Plane and thus expand telepathic range or 'reach' through to other dimensions or planes of existence that way. Size-shifters from the Metamorph Guild have ideas about working with teleporters in the Micro-verse to achieve various effects, so on and so on.

With the exact same kinda thing happening across the board with ALL mutant subtypes in dozens, maybe even hundreds of Guilds on both Krakoa and Arakko, thus meaning even as mutants are encouraged to build communities around shared experiences and perspectives, they're kept inherently looped into the idea or 'greater circuitry' of mutantdom as a whole, because so much of what they discover and explore within their own Guilds is still based upon and requires constant communication and cooperation with all kinds of other mutants of all types and powers.

Thus more and more of their accomplishments as a race are predicated around the idea of idk, equality through diversity, in the specific sense that mutants embrace the fact that the one thing all of them have in common is that no two mutants are alike, as even Guilds with thousands of members all sharing the same power in theory are keenly aware that none of them do even the exact same specific feats in the exact same specific ways.....and this is one of the key sources of their strength as a people, and what enables them to expand so far and so fast, when leaning into this idea. Every single problem mutants approach as a community - EVEN WHEN utilizing a specific power type as a solution to that problem....inherently has a built in capacity to have fifty different POVs with that power type analyzing the problem and solution from completely different angles no others would ever think of on their own.

And of course, there's plenty of mutants with more than one power, or mutants with powers so heightened or broad like various omegas that technically dozens of powersets fall under the heading of things their own power can accomplish or at least mimic.....so there's no reason mutants can't be members of multiple guilds. It wouldn't be unusual for a mutant to be part of both the TP and TK Guilds or powerful reality warpers to be part of a Reality Warper Guild but also spend time with other Guilds learning the best ways to do various things their reality warping can accomplish like teleportation or manipulating elements, but from the mutants who rather than being Jack of All Trades specialize in or have finely honed approaches to manipulating elements or matter or space in specific ways. Similarly, all of the Power Mimicry/Absorption/Duplication Guild members like Synch and Rogue would be like, constant free-floating ambassadors between the Guilds as they learn from the experts on various powersets while bringing their own perspective on how those powers can combine with others, due to being the mutants with the most widespread experience with diverse mutant powers as a whole.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 01-28-2022 at 02:04 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post

Sextant

I still don't get it... Why choose "Sextant" for a "collective" educational title?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post

Sextant

I still don't get it... Why choose "Sextant" for a "collective" educational title?
    They accidentally built the school there instead of a planned orgy tent for the Make More Mutants Law