Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    But that jellyfish just completely reverses it’s aging to a sexually immature stage. The resurrection protocols involve a completely new body and copied memories
    Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Yeah that’s why I see the “immortal” jellyfish as not a good example since it’s not forming a completely new body, but just reversing the age of the same one.

It’s a bit more complicated than that. From my understanding it’s whole body doesn’t reverse back. Most of their body dissolves and leaves behind a ball of its cells and those cells restart the life cycle. It’s life cycle is basically like a Phoenix (ironically).
    Last edited by Gnostic; 01-26-2022 at 11:38 PM.

BANNED

What's the deal with the "Prodigal three" - - did I miss something or did Protus, Legion, Polaris, and Wanda just resuect millions of mutants without the need of the resurrection protocols (I. E., the five) in The Trial of Magneto #5?
    Last edited by Micabe; 01-26-2022 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    It's cloning but it's not JUST cloning.

I'm surprised this is even a question. The books state that a clone body is grown in the hatchery and the soul is placed into a empty "husk".
    Nah fam memories from a certain point are put into a empty husk souls have never been addressed in they little process till Wanda anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Nah fam memories from a certain point are put into a empty husk souls have never been addressed in they little process till Wanda anyway.
    And Way of X.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    And Way of X.
    Did they? They said the missing memories were being eaten by Onslaught but they still didn't start getting them even after they ended him...again.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    It's cloning but it's not JUST cloning.

I'm surprised this is even a question. The books state that a clone body is grown in the hatchery and the soul is placed into a empty "husk".
    Well, their memories get put in the body from a save file, not souls. If it were their souls then there's no reason they wouldn't be able to remember anything after the point they were saved from.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    What's the deal with the "Prodigal three" - - did I miss something or did Protus, Legion, Polaris, and Wanda just resuect millions of mutants without the need of the resurrection protocols (I. E., the five) in The Trial of Magneto #5?
    What “The Prodigal Three” are children of the founders of Krakoa. The founders are the foundation of which Krakoa was made possible. Wanda, Proteus, and Legion where not only those of immense power by which to create a strong binding from the Waiting Room to the physical plane, but also represent Krakoa’s future of limitless possibilities so to give those souls who died in the past a clear gateway into a bright future. That’s just how I see it.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Astonishing Member

I think it says something about the fandom that we can't even agree on what should be one of the least controversial aspects of this era

As I see it there are two options, based on what we know about souls in Marfel Universe, so far:
    Option 1 They are clones and each clone has its own soul, but th esame memory of the original till a point. Much like Ben Reilly, who has Peter memories but he has his own soul. ( now I kind of imagine a line of Cyclops in queue in afterlife each with its Ken number on the shirt, like in an old WB or atom and Jerry cartoons)
    Option 2 ther either a transmigration of soul, but this open a can of worms, because...why others who used this method did not had it, like the eternals. Transmigration of soul is and has never been an free, priceless easy task. Hypothetical is possible that the base soul simply kick out the immature clone soul(considering that despite the look, clones are kind of child, yeah your hero for the egotistical immortality desire, kick out toddlers souls form their bodies....NOT A NICE THOUGHT!)
    Now in the xlife and create of Wolverine we are now seeing another issue, he merry mutants overlooked...what if someone reanimated one discarded previous body. Expecially since the superhuman body seem to keep keep power in undead, a well confirmed fact.
    NOW I wonder....if a mutant get turned into a vampire, can be resurrected?
    After all we forget that amongst the hard-core enemies of the x-men we can put ol good Dracula himself!( still wishing for him getting back to his classic look....I kind of bored of this whatever the hell it is look)

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    ...Now in the xlife and create of Wolverine we are now seeing another issue, he merry mutants overlooked...what if someone reanimated one discarded previous body. Expecially since the superhuman body seem to keep keep power in undead, a well confirmed fact....
    Don't forget that Orchis has the body of (the) Nightcrawler who died on one of the moons of Mars/Arak0 after he teleported it back in its orbit. Wonder what they could do with him ?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gerlof101 View Post
    Don't forget that Orchis has the body of (the) Nightcrawler who died on one of the moons of Mars/Arak0 after he teleported it back in its orbit. Wonder what they could do with him ?
    They have like a half dozen Wolverines. Quire has died so many times the russians have already started stitching together zombie Quentin Quire's out of them

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    They have like a half dozen Wolverines. Quire has died so many times the russians have already started stitching together zombie Quentin Quire's out of them
    Honestly...x-men should just station to take a lesson for the "hand"and have the deceased mutants corpse just turn into dust at this point....is to damn risky leave all the superpowers corpses around ya know...hey talking of the Hand...they are known to re-animated bodies under their control (hell once time big deal was they got there grubby ninaj hands on Hulk's body...) one wonder if they could play a bigger role in mutants stories considering their past with Wolverine and Psylocke.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gerlof101 View Post
    By way of recon, it can be said that the "Bamp Race" were actually an Orchis time/space teleportation/cloaking weapon(s) experiment that got completely out of hand 😇