Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    But like other people have mentioned that’s not always how resurrection is treated in the MU. After Secret Wars pretty much everyone besides a select few were recreated and we have no confirmation if they have the original souls or new souls. Migrants from the Ultimate Universe even had a bunch of their memories changed.
    Clone of a clone is still a clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Clone of a clone is still a clone.

So if everybody is a clone... what’s the problem again?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Well...exactatiously.
    I don't recall anyone being up in arms and calling out Xavier for being a clone post his Brood infection...many decades ago.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

They are mislead to act like they are the original deal

Spectacular Member

Ok but Ben’s life doesn’t inherently have less “value” than Peter’s because he’s a clone. Also that’s exactly why they have a rule against duplicates, so one of them doesn’t have to fight over identity and potentially have to make an entirely new one.
    Yeah but I didn’t say they’re lesser. I’m just implying that if my intended definition of clones is correct then they’re still clones and not the same person as the individual who died.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    The resurrection process has two parts. The creation of a body and a restoring of the collective essence of a person or their soul. The body is nothing more than a clone but it is the integrating of the soul (collective memories) that distinguish a resurrected X-men and Sinister’s clones. A clone has no memories beyond their point of creation where a resurrected mutant can recall there whole life, up to latest backup which is usually only a loss of hours.
    I wouldn’t say the soul is only memories... that makes no sense. It’s basically more closer to being their consciousness.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It they believe it then yes. People in real life claim they believe in certain things and hide behind faith and spirituality and live a life of anything but and yet their beliefs are touted as "real". So yeah if they say they aren't clones and they believe each other. Then their real. Who are we to say someone isn't what they claim.
    Two wrongs don’t make a right. Just because people believe in something it doesn’t name it factual lol

I wouldn’t say the soul is only memories... that makes no sense. It’s basically more closer to being their consciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    They might contrive some excuse that transmigration has actually happened at some point, but by the actual description of the process; yes, they're just copies.
    In Valyrie, Death told Jane that the Krakoa resurrection protocols are keeping the mutant souls on Earth and giving them a new body to inhabit. The soul lingers and will attach itself to the new body.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    In Valyrie, Death told Jane that the Krakoa resurrection protocols are keeping the mutant souls on Earth and giving them a new body to inhabit. The soul lingers and will attach itself to the new body.
    Welp... case closed.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The fact is...none of the mutants who've died and been brought back over the many decades...Xavier, Jean, Kurt, Logan, Betsy, Illyana etc etc etc are existing in their original bodies, then to now. Yet for all those years (pre-HiX-Man) no reader had any issues with any of them being other than who they were written to be.

Now it's "These clones are not my X-Men!!!"

They weren't your X-Men 25 years ago.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-07-2021 at 07:46 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Heh. What if Sinister was actually in league with Poccy and they are fooling the others and these are the usual Sinister clones? I don't like Sinister as a matter of principal though so I'm not rooting for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    We know that souls exist in marvel universe. When Kurt returned from the afterlife he came back with his memories, right? So we can say memories are a part of soul. Then the resurrections are a fancy way of cloning otherwise why need memory backups. On the other hand if it is indeed cloning then there is no explanation why someone who died in otherworld can't be resurrected properly so there is a logical inconsistency with the whole process.
    Of course there's an explanation...magic!

With this discussion of the nature of minds, consciousness and souls i have to ask, is it a crime/sin/immoral action when Xavier brings someone back only to a certain point in time after their death? I mean think about it Domino was scared mentally and physically but purposely chose not to be healed and keep the trauma but then she comes back healed and not recalling what she went through so her choice was taken from her or when Omega Red was being considered to be killed and brought back but with a new mindset more in line with their mission.

My point being that the choice was being taken from the ones to be brought back in those instances, so is it wrong for them to do that if a person doesn't want to be brought back but is done so anyway only with the mindset that didn't include the objection to resurrection?

And i do consider they are in fact clones, so my feelings in the issue of Hellions where the council says "No Havoc, Madelyne wasn't a real person or mutant even though she is clone of Jean therefore not valid to be brought back for another chance." are that it was very hypocritical of them given what they are.

How many times were the Marauders been cloned after being killed before the Hickman run? Were they any less real?

Laura wasn't a clone originally...but is she a clone now then?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The fact is...none of the mutants who've died and been brought back over the many decades...Xavier, Jean, Kurt, Logan, Betsy, Illyana etc etc etc are existing in their original bodies, then to now. Yet for all those years (pre-HiX-Man) no reader had any issues with any of them being other than who they were written to be.

Now it's "These clones are not my X-Men!!!"

They weren't your X-Men 25 years ago.
    I didn't even exist 25 years ago.

I never said it was a problem the question was are they clones? answer is yes.