Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

If it’s just cloning, why does it matter if people died in Otherworld? It’s not about when they were backed up — in Hellions Kwannon got back to Krakoa for seconds and wasn’t backed up on Krakoa but was still fine. That implies there’s an intangible connection that’s more than just the brain download.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    They’re re-sleeves, to borrow a terminology.
    I see what you did there...

So the real question here is does it matter? What is difference between

-a person dies his "soul" leaves his body, the body is destroyed. At some point later a new body is created and they put soul back in
    -a person dies, a clone of them is created with every memory up until the second they died

I mean obviously I explained the difference what I am asking, If you didn't know the process does it matter which happens? The answer is no. As human we want to ourselves beyond being data but if you have a computer get a virus you have to wipe the hard drive. Do you have a different computer now because it is wiped? When you restore all information from your back up do you stop think you have a different computer now? No

I am asking why does it matter? You have the original copy and a burnt copy on same exact style of disc. You put them in storage something happens and one of them is destroyed inside. Does it matter which one is the copy?
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 04-07-2021 at 10:07 PM.

Fortunately all the character I genuinely give a **** about have managed to escape this process so I don't care one way or another. That being said for those who have attachments to certain characters the idea that the character they liked just "died" because the writers are cheap & abuse the "ressurection" process for kicks might give a **** because their personally invested.

Too much "Nonsense..." math happening here...

It's really simple.

In Hellions, they went after one of Sinister's clone farms.

No five needed for those clones to jump up and run.

If you need The Five to actually make the process work?

You have obviously left "Clone..." territory.

Never mind the really obvious stuff like...

A powerless Melody Guthrie coming back with her powers fully intact.

A clone would just be "Powerless Melody Guthrie..."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    In Valyrie, Death told Jane that the Krakoa resurrection protocols are keeping the mutant souls on Earth and giving them a new body to inhabit. The soul lingers and will attach itself to the new body.
    This^ Plus Death said that Ben Raily was resurrected many times by Jack has the original Ben's soul... The same applies to the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Too much "Nonsense..." math happening here...

It's really simple.

In Hellions, they went after one of Sinister's clone farms.

No five needed for those clones to jump up and run.

If you need The Five to actually make the process work?

You have obviously left "Clone..." territory.
    If that's the case then why need memory backups. There have been resurrections in MU like Nightcrawler and the Thing and in those cases the memories remained intact.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    This^ Plus Death said that Ben Raily was resurrected many times by Jack has the original Ben's soul... The same applies to the X-Men.
    Then there is an oversight on Hickman's part as there would be no need for Charles. Or maybe Charles is using the memory excuse to make the resurrected more subserviant to Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    If that's the case then why need memory backups. There have been resurrections in MU like Nightcrawler and the Thing and in those cases the memories remained intact.
    Because what is going on is more complicated than a simple cloning?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Because what is going on is more complicated than a simple cloning?
    If it's not cloning then what is it? It's not resurrection as mutants come back without their memories until Charles puts them back in.

I think it will be revealed that all of the originals x-men, mutants are stored somewhere, and the caractères we've been following since the beginning of Hickman stories are just cloned from those originals...

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    I think it will be revealed that all of the originals x-men, mutants are stored somewhere, and the caractères we've been following since the beginning of Hickman stories are just cloned from those originals...
    They went out there way to tell us these resurrections have "souls" as the part of process. It won't be revealed that these aren't the real X-men and Moria isn't going to reset the timeline. This is the X-men there is no need to invalidate this story most of community is actually fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Then there is an oversight on Hickman's part as there would be no need for Charles. Or maybe Charles is using the memory excuse to make the resurrected more subserviant to Krakoa.
    Jackal's resurrection system was extremely unstable.

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    I cannot believe that after more than a year we continue with this denial.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I see what you did there...

So the real question here is does it matter? What is difference between

-a person dies his "soul" leaves his body, the body is destroyed. At some point later a new body is created and they put soul back in
    -a person dies, a clone of them is created with every memory up until the second they died

I mean obviously I explained the difference what I am asking, If you didn't know the process does it matter which happens? The answer is no. As human we want to ourselves beyond being data but if you have a computer get a virus you have to wipe the hard drive. Do you have a different computer now because it is wiped? When you restore all information from your back up do you stop think you have a different computer now? No

I am asking why does it matter? You have the original copy and a burnt copy on same exact style of disc. You put them in storage something happens and one of them is destroyed inside. Does it matter which one is the copy?
    And cells in the human body are constantly replaced, to the extent that in four years every single cell in the body has been replaced. If the “hardware” has changed completely, is it really the same person (Google Trigger’s Broom)? Do you really have continuity of “soul” from the person who went to sleep yesterday, or do you only think you do because your hardware brain cells hold memories of that day? (You certainly have no memory of ever not being alive) What, then, even is continuity of consciousness?
    Last edited by Frobisher; 04-08-2021 at 04:00 AM.

We should ask Vision what he thinks about ship of Theseus