Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

I guess it's technically cloning since the the method of conception and birth isn't 'natural', but as others have stated, this is fantasy, so regular rules don't apply. People can be reality warped or magicked into existence and are still considered the real deal, so ambiguous sci-fi methods should not be handled differently. In regards to souls, philosophically what's happening in Krakoa is more like reincarnation since the dead are getting new bodies.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I was thinking exactly that...the "storage" via cerebro and the subsequent transfer of souls to the husks is sci-fi version of the basic premise of Reincarnation.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Yes, basically they are cheap clones without a soul, a reality warper plus other characters create a shell with the same genetic material, and for them to see that they are only cheap clones only with another name, is needed Xavier ir another tp to download the memories to them of the dead mutant.

Anyway, if they are clones and an imitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcnewb View Post
    I was reading about the events of DOX, POX, HOX & XOS and I’m a bit confused regarding the whole mutant resurrection process. It sounds like it’s nothing close to an actual resurrection as Xavier simply backs up their brain patterns into Cerebro and uploads it into a clone of the deceased character. Wouldn’t this just mean that the character who’s been *resurrected* is a completely different entity from the original? Ie a clone with false memories

You are totally right, it is not a resurrection, they are cheap clones, imitations, only with implanted memories, which does not make them real, they are simple clones, I'm sorry but that's the way it is.

So much so, that they themselves do not use the protocols unless they are completely sure that the mutant died, since instead of a clone of x character, you would have two loose around with the same memories etc ..... but artificial clones both.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean yes and no. The genetic makeup is cloned and then the memories / soul of the person it is downloaded into the new husk.
    Not the soul, Xavier has never had that ability to "transfer souls" those clones no matter how much they want to romanticize, they are just clones kiss, with memories of a real person implanted ... that is to say they are an imitation, Xavier and his machine They only transfer memories, not souls or anything like that, their soul transfer is totally unnecessary because it is a lie.

So in simple terms, yes, they are clones.
    and if later they want to give him a more coherent and mystical explanation, it will be something else, but not for now, they are just imitations.
    and Xavier downloads them a backup copy of the memories of x character, which the real person does not make them ... a clone or imitation makes them, who want to see it in another way is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcnewb View Post
    Perhaps the soul is connected to the living characters mind and the brain patterns serve as a storage for it, and when the person dies the soul is sucked from the dead body and is stored within the brain patterns recorded in Cerebro and then awaits to be relocated to a new body.

So in other words maybe Cerebro intercepts the soul and instead of going to the afterlife, Cerebro served as a sort of soul waiting room for mutants. Where they wait to be given a new body...
    WTF
    ..... This si soooo wrong. You arr si wrong. Lol

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Well, I didn't think it was black magic. And now I don't know what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    To say memories make up souls seems like a reach. Marvel has established many thing 1 heaven & hell are very much so real in their world, Kurt himself has been to both, 2 souls are very much so a real thing & have been shown to move on to the afterlife on numerous occasions when they die.

So after saying all that is this method just cloning....

Yes yes and yes ag
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 09-10-2021 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Well, I didn't think it was black magic. And now I don't know what it is.
    Lol this And clonation.

But no are the real character , and less their souls

Astonishing Member

I'm sorry I missed this thread because the first time o heard how the process worked, I told myself this isn't resurrection, this is cloning. Same with the current Black Widow. That's not the original Natasha running around the MU, that's a clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Lol this And clonation.

But no are the real character , and less their souls
    That bring up an interesting question. Do the Madrox dupes share a soul? Which of the sinister clones is the 'real' one? Do we treat the resurrected like Betsy's alternate reality counterparts, do they share a soul? For all the X-Men that died before Krakoa was established, are they the 'real' characters, did they get their souls back?

It must be very difficult being the type of reader who just cannot enjoy what's in front of them because their personal beliefs and understanding are so counter intuitive to what being written.

It's one thing to admittedly misunderstand the writers' intent because truth to tell, they are never that clear to begin with.
    It's another thing entirely to ascribe a completely different meaning that has no validity within the written work just so that one can continue to feel salty and miserable. At which point that person is only doing emotional harm to themselves because everyone else, writers included, has long moved on.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Grunty, you're using "soul" logic. Hickman is implying the human essence is just data you can copy and save onto a Cloud-type system and retrieve and download onto a new device after you lost your old one.
    The thing is in the Marvel U we have seen characters do have souls and do go on to someplace after death. We have literally seen the afterlife. Hickman can say what he wants but it is goes against things we have seen in many other books at least in regards to the Marvel Universe.

The "rules of existence" within the MU especially regarding the mystical aspects of life, are so varied that HiX-Man's theory/rationale can have its place without detracting from anything and everything everyone else has written. That's just the nature of fantasy.

Within this shared Universe how do Aliens like the Shi'ar and Skrull or even the Brood identify what their "souls" are. And how does that understanding play into their personal beliefs? Same as with Humans IRL and our personal beliefs, regarding our souls and the "there-after"...no one is wrong. Because no one knows the absolute truth. There isn't an absolute truth.
    So to say HiX-Man's take on what souls are and how they operate is somehow wrong because it doesn't fit with what other writers have established in this high-fantasy universe is kind of...silly.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The thing is in the Marvel U we have seen characters do have souls and do go on to someplace after death. We have literally seen the afterlife. Hickman can say what he wants but it is goes against things we have seen in many other books at least in regards to the Marvel Universe.
    Are you actually being serious here? In a book Hickman writes or is in charge of, Hickman is GOD, not people like you.