Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    The Snyder cult was gonna Snyder cult no matter what, once someone gave into them (give a mouse a cookie and all that).

Wait, Tom Taylor, the guy who did that good X-23 series for Marvel?
    His Wolverine is good. I find his Marvel work pretty decent to enjoyable but that may be because I don’t care about as many Marvel characters as I do DC. But I find his DC work awful overall and want him kept far away from my favorite characters.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

He's probably certainly up there. The Mark Doyle and Jae Lee incidents didn't help.

Bendis is probably the most disliked by fans if I had to guess. I've noticed even those who enjoyed his past work seem to believe he hasn't written anything truly good in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    The Snyder cult was gonna Snyder cult no matter what, once someone gave into them (give a mouse a cookie and all that).
    Nobody forced WB to shift blame on Snyder Cut for that cancellation.

Incredible Member

I’d argue he’s one of the more hit or miss writers.

so why do people hate jason aaron??

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I don't think he is, people just didn't seem to like his Batman run very much and the wedding copout sealed the deal. Then the situation with Jae Lee kind of made matters worse. Otherwise I don't personally find him to be that hated.
    I know this sounds pretty ignorant of the whole thing, but...can someone please explain the Jae Lee thing to me? I vaguely recall the name, but I don't know anything else about this person or for that matter what King has to do with him.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I don't think that hew's even close to "the most hated", but maybe it seemed that way during Heroes in Crisis.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    so why do people hate jason aaron??
    Toxic Masculinity

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I know this sounds pretty ignorant of the whole thing, but...can someone please explain the Jae Lee thing to me? I vaguely recall the name, but I don't know anything else about this person or for that matter what King has to do with him.
    Lee was going to be the variant cover artist for Rorschach. King publicly accused him of being tied to a "hate group" and rejected his cover tweeting that as far he was concerned the only cover for it was Jorge Fornes' main cover. Naturally it turned out that Lee did nothing wrong and King had to apologize for looking like a jackass and trying to destroy the career of a fellow creator for no reason.

Extraordinary Member

Lee had iirc made a cover for a "comics gate" creator (I think it was Ethan van Sciver) but had otherwise nothing to do with "comics gate".

Naturally it turned out that Lee did nothing wrong and King had to apologize for looking like a jackass and trying to destroy the career of a fellow creator for no reason.
    Thing that stuck with me was King saying that he apologised and they are good now, but then Lee responded that they are not good, they are done. Kinda felt to me that King couldn't even properly apologise.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Toxic Masculinity
    on his part or those that hate him??

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfShaolin View Post
    I cant find anything positive about this guy on the internet.

Why did he become the most hated/frowned upon writer in comics today?
    Tom King gets some grief because most of his works revolve around male heroes and their emotional issues and sometimes he sticks the landing like with Vision and Scott Free but sometimes he fudges it up like with Simp-man and Wally West.

Lee was going to be the variant cover artist for Rorschach. King publicly accused him of being tied to a "hate group" and rejected his cover tweeting that as far he was concerned the only cover for it was Jorge Fornes' main cover. Naturally it turned out that Lee did nothing wrong and King had to apologize for looking like a jackass and trying to destroy the career of a fellow creator for no reason.
    I forgot about that. Pretty shitty since Lee knew the other guy way before King came into the comic scene.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Thing that stuck with me was King saying that he apologised and they are good now, but then Lee responded that they are not good, they are done. Kinda felt to me that King couldn't even properly apologise.
    I mean, King tried to ruin the guy's career. Why would anyone forgive him even if he apologized?
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 04-08-2021 at 06:17 AM.
    "Cable was right!"

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    on his part or those that hate him??
    mostly by people who hate him, they can't stand a "weak" or "jobber" Thor

Always Rakzo

Nah. I mean, his Batman and Heroes in Crisis are among the worst comic books from the last two decades (HiC being even worse than Cry for Justice to be honest) but still he produces quality titles just as frequently. Is just that there's no in-between with King.

In terms of being hated and deservedly so, Bendis keeps winning.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    On another note.. WHY WOULD ANYONE HATE TAYLOR?
    Bad characterization, poor grasp at continuity and history, shallow shock value, even more shallow "political" commentary, etc.

Taylor is pretty much like King, is better when he works on obscure characters so there's not much he can get wrong.