Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Most recently because of his handling of She-Hulk, Thor (Odinson), and the Phoenix Force
    It was his Thor. He got beat up by everybody. I got the impression that he hated Thor and did everything in his power to take it out on Thor. His Avengers and that BC stuff has been long and drawn out. Everyone is dreading his Heroes Reborn.

Probably one of the most hated writers, but not the most hated writer.

I have no respect for him, anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    It was his Thor. He got beat up by everybody. I got the impression that he hated Thor and did everything in his power to take it out on Thor. His Avengers and that BC stuff has been long and drawn out. Everyone is dreading his Heroes Reborn.
    I'm not. But then again I haven't really read any of his other work.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I'm not. But then again I haven't really read any of his other work.
    I like the Squadron Supreme so I will be getting it despite Aaron. Plus all of the tie ins. I just hope he doesn’t make them look to bad even though these are supposed to be the Mephisto Squadron. It’s limited so he can’t decompress it like his Avengers run. All the tie ins look pretty good though. I usually stay away from big events because they tend to be underwhelming and just a money grab.

I think a lot of these names I see coming up here (Bendis, Aaron) frustrate people because they have done some truly great work in the past, and we know they are capable of it, but they haven't delivered recently. It's like a band you used to love but whose new work disappoints. For whatever reason, they just can't recapture the magic and are now coasting on reputation.

Some writers are also highly stylized, and a particular style that at one time was fresh and unique can get played out and stale.

I think both of these factors play out with King. He had some flashes of greatness that he hasn't been able to maintain coupled with a very specific style that I think has fallen out of favor.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I like the Squadron Supreme so I will be getting it despite Aaron. Plus all of the tie ins. I just hope he doesn’t make them look to bad even though these are supposed to be the Mephisto Squadron. It’s limited so he can’t decompress it like his Avengers run. All the tie ins look pretty good though. I usually stay away from big events because they tend to be underwhelming and just a money grab.
    Not to talk too much about a Marvel comics event on the DC board, but people waking up to a changed reality leading into a battle that implies a crossover fight between two different worlds is exactly my brand of crack, so I'm glad somebody eventually pointed out the writer's history is divisive so I can keep my expectations properly managed.

Incredible Member

It's Bendis easily BUT if you adjust for career length (since Bendis has been around longer), it gets interesting. I mean, at this point in his career, Bendis was probably wrapping up his legendary Daredevil run and was in the midst of USM. There were basically no haters of Bendis at this point in his career.

So it's very possible King owns the record for earning the most hatred in the shortest amount of time since coming onto the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Right, he was a mass murderer, since he killed all of them in the same location at the same time.

EDIT: A serial killer would have killed in different locations with a cooling off period between each act
    wasn't murder or mass murder either, google is your friend. I think you are confusing Future State with Heroes in Crisis. In that case John Stewart is a mass murder, Man of Steel Superman is a super mass murder, and Hal Jordan is 1000% a serial killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Eh, whatever, he still upset a lot of people. I was just told he had made Wally West a serial killer.
    his powers went haywire due to stress and exploded, killing people accidentally; the most questionable thing he did was panic and try to cover up the accident after it happened. he's not a serial killer, he's not a mass murder, at worst it's manslaughter and obstruction of justice.

I'm just gonna leave it at that. HiC discourse on here often end up being some of the most trite.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 04-08-2021 at 10:04 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    His Wolverine is good. I find his Marvel work pretty decent to enjoyable but that may be because I don’t care about as many Marvel characters as I do DC. But I find his DC work awful overall and want him kept far away from my favorite characters.
    I think all writers have their good and bad stuff. Kinda funny, but I've heard people praising his Injustice tie-ins, so I guess I'd thought he was generally well received.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Nobody forced WB to shift blame on Snyder Cut for that cancellation.
    As I recall, in the interview, they just reaffirmed that the Snyderverse wasn't coming back after the Snyder Cut (which they had been saying since day one) and that they weren't going to put up with fan toxicity.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    After Taylor's awful run on Earth 2, I've pretty much avoided anything he's done. His only saving grace on Earth 2 was the even worse job by the talent-free Daniel Wilson following him.
    Never read that, although the only thing I did read from Taylor was All-New Wolverine for Marvel (which is a favorite of mine).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Tom King may have his haters (what creative doesn't?) but has he or any creators got hated so badly that their employer published a note basically saying 'we are sorry we let this happen but please allow the story to play and we won't mention it again', couldn't wait sweep the story under the rug and the biggest movie of all time thought it would be hilarious to include a joke about it? Cause that's what happened with Nick Spencer and the CapHydra debacle. You barely hear from the dude these days and he's quietly working on the Spider-man title these days.

I mean, comics are the place where writers get rewarded for their bad ideas. Tom King caused mass controversy with the Batman/Catwoman wedding, Heroes in Crisis and his Batman run lead to the Hulk actually surpassing Batman in sales but somehow he ends up working with Ava Duverney in the now cancelled New Gods project. Ta Nehisi Coates has got nothing but vitriol for his Black Panther and Captain America run but the man is now penning a Black Superman movie. Bendis masterminded a bunch of mediocre events for Marvel and later DC (which other creatives often have to work around and make them better), he rendered Scarlet Witch radioactive for decades but the minute the man creates a new character for DC, the character gets a solo series on CW directed by Ava Duverny no less. Meanwhile, Nick Spencer was sent to detention.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Tom King may have his haters (what creative doesn't?) but has he or any creators got hated so badly that their employer published a note basically saying 'we are sorry we let this happen but please allow the story to play and we won't mention it again', couldn't wait sweep the story under the rug and the biggest movie of all time thought it would be hilarious to include a joke about it? Cause that's what happened with Nick Spencer and the CapHydra debacle. You barely hear from the dude these days and he's quietly working on the Spider-man title these days.

I would say Gabby Rivera after her Miss America comic, but America Chavez is getting a Disney plus show.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

I haven't heard anything about that.

Heroes in Crisis was a waste of gorgeous art. It's so pretty to look at.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

Tom King is certainly the most disappointing writer in comics. He had real skill at the start, and seemed like a new voice and new star and look at him now, coldhearted scab and company man, hack of the first degree.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    wasn't murder or mass murder either, google is your friend. I think you are confusing Future State with Heroes in Crisis. In that case John Stewart is a mass murder, Man of Steel Superman is a super mass murder, and Hal Jordan is 1000% a serial killer.

his powers went haywire due to stress and exploded, killing people accidentally; the most questionable thing he did was panic and try to cover up the accident after it happened. he's not a serial killer, he's not a mass murder, at worst it's manslaughter and obstruction of justice.

I'm just gonna leave it at that. HiC discourse on here is often end up being some of the most trite.
    Hear, hear. So I'm just gonna leave it at that too.