Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post

Bad characterization, poor grasp at continuity and history, shallow shock value, even more shallow "political" commentary, etc.

Taylor is pretty much like King, is better when he works on obscure characters so there's not much he can get wrong.
    When was all this?
    "Cable was right!"

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    When was all this?
    Pretty much in his whole DC work.

Hell, that started right away during his infamous Earth 2 run which was his first DC ongoing after the digital Injustice series.

Leaving aside the gorey and/or shock value elements of his Injustice work (and to some extent, his DCeased and E2 works too), Taylor is one of those writers I cant dislike/hate (on the contrary actually). Some of his works are at my all-time favorites, and that is because of the heart he pours in on his work, and genuine love of the characters he writes about.

Injustice: "The man of yesterday", "For the man who lost everything", and "World's Finest"

Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman: "A Night Off"
    Batman: "Father's day" (Batman Annual #3)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    Leaving aside the gorey and/or shock value elements of his Injustice work (and to some extent, his DCeased and E2 works too), Taylor is one of those writers I cant dislike/hate (on the contrary actually). Some of his works are at my all-time favorites, and that is because of the heart he pours in on his work, and genuine love of the characters he writes about.

Injustice: "The man of yesterday", "For the man who lost everything", and "World's Finest"

Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman: "A Night Off"
    Batman: "Father's day" (Batman Annual #3)
    And I think it'd be nice if that stuff showed up when he writes the characters I care about. His Wonder Woman in both DCeased and Injustice is every cliche about her that bad writers like him foist upon her; arm candy, punching bag, warrior woman, or moral failure to show how awesome Supes and Bats are.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    so why do people hate jason aaron??
    Most recently because of his handling of She-Hulk, Thor (Odinson), and the Phoenix Force
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I have to hand it to the dude, turning Wally West into a serial killer was some grade A trolling.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I like Vision and Mr. Miracle.

I don't read toooo much Batman but I was ok with his run....until the wedding didn't happen ;-;

Heroes in Crisis, yeah that was tough. There was some good moments sprinkled in all the bad moments. It really should have just said a book talking about heroes trauma and not going into a murder mystery. I think King's writing is only disliked because of those two marks.

Taylor, the only book I like from him is All-New Wolverine. Sometimes he put in too many jokes though, which annoyed me. He's good a shock value moments, though.

I've only read Aaron's Avengers and I don't like any of his plot choices. IDK enough about his other works to say if I dislike his writing beyond that.

Bendis is my least favorite personally. I don't like how obsessed he is with Kitty Pryde and his duologue and characterization throws me off a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfShaolin View Post
    I cant find anything positive about this guy on the internet.

Why did he become the most hated/frowned upon writer in comics today?
    Well, I read his Omega Men, which is widely applauded. I found it a bit boring. Never read his Batman. Really didn't like his Identity Crisis, but I disagreed with the very concept there, which was, IMHO, quite stupid and a clear sign of the weak times we live in, where everybody seems to wear their traumas, personal or otherwise, as badges of honor. I just can't put my head around HEROES (which, in my views, are NOT everybody) behaving like that. I'm not even gonna go into the butchering of the Wally West character. The series, in itself, I didn't find badly written. His Vision is regarded as a work of genius. I just don't see it. Not the way I see the character, and it seems to have ruined a lot of what, IMHO, made the Vision special. So, while I don't deslike him, he really just doesn't excite me as a reader.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    I'd argue that Bendis and Jason Aaron are much more hated than Tom, but Tom is definitely up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    Slott, Lobdell, Spencer, Cates, Coates, Bendis, Cantwell, Glass, Williams, Tamaki, Millar, Taylor, Snyder, Soule, Bunn, etc., are all more or equally disliked.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Not even close. Bendis gets more hate and Chuck Austen is universally hated. Jason Aaron is definitely a choice to consider but even then I don't think he's that hated.
    Yes, there are plenty that are as despised, if not more, in this age of the internet. I never liked Steve Englehart's way of (over)writing drama. He made some very odd choices in his long carreer. Still, I've read a lot of him, and even liked very much somethings over the years (his Justice League, some of his WCA, his Celestial Maddona saga, his original Avengers run, his Batman, etc...), while really hating others (his Green Lantern, his FF, His Celestial Messiah saga, some of his WCA, etc...). I wonder if, had the internet been around back then, he'd have had a chance of writing so many different things, and if I'd have given them a chance, which, occasionally, ended up being quite enjoyable.
    I find Aaron's Avengers extremely boring, and never liked much anything he's done. Don't actually hate it either. Just don't care much for it. I stay away from pratically everything Bendis writes. Unfortunately, he seems to enjoy writing many of the characters I most enjoy, so I keep giving him a chance, and he never fails in disappointing me. And not even him I consider totally bad. He has written characters I don't enjoy or follow so much, and has done decent work with them (Daredevil and Ultimate Spider-Man come to mind), even if it's been a looooooong time since he's worked on them. At DC, his suckage has been at full power. Of the mentioned above, my biggest beef is with Chuck Austen, and even him, I liked his Exiles.

Peace

If you ask a Batman fan they hate him, i don't fully understand why i mean it wasn't great but i didn't hate it tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Wait, Tom Taylor, the guy who did that good X-23 series for Marvel?
    After Taylor's awful run on Earth 2, I've pretty much avoided anything he's done. His only saving grace on Earth 2 was the even worse job by the talent-free Daniel Wilson following him.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfShaolin View Post
    I cant find anything positive about this guy on the internet.

Why did he become the most hated/frowned upon writer in comics today?
    I feel whoever is writing one of the top books in the industry gets hate from a portion of the fans. They come with lots of expectations from the established fanbase of Batman, Spider-Man, X-Men etc which are inevitably never met for some.

Everyone seemingly loves you and you're critically acclaimed when you stick to secondary characters or do limited series, but the moment you take over one of the big guns you're going to have a giant spotlight on you and piss off some of the existing fans one way or another. Happened to King, Snyder, Slott... watch it happen the moment Donny Cates moves from Venom to Spider-Man or Chip Zdarsky from Daredevil to Batman.

Not saying that writers can't have a dip in quality from one project to another, I just think the industry's biggest books come with a lot of expectations from fans which can sometimes distort perceptions towards negativity.

I've seen a lot of positive stuff about King on the internet. The DM from the Dungeons and Daddies (not a BDSM podcast) podcast recommended all of his works and even singled out Heroes in Crisis as what he thought was King's best work. I almost dropped the podcast after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I have to hand it to the dude, turning Wally West into a serial killer was some grade A trolling.
    that's not what happened.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Right, he was a mass murderer, since he killed all of them in the same location at the same time.

EDIT: A serial killer would have killed in different locations with a cooling off period between each act

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Eh, whatever, he still upset a lot of people. I was just told he had made Wally West a serial killer.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 04-08-2021 at 12:47 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut