Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Arent most of Fawcett characters besides Captain Marvel in Public Domain? Maybe thats one of the reasons why DC or even Marvel dont bother with publications that they cannot profit alone.

Of course this only excuse certain "universes", Ultraverse is simply ignored.

I think Charlton characters are the ones that fare better under in comparison to other properties.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Arent most of Fawcett characters besides Captain Marvel in Public Domain? Maybe thats one of the reasons why DC or even Marvel dont bother with publications that they cannot profit alone.
    That could be a cause, but from time to time they remember to use the characters again.
    Of course this only excuse certain "universes", Ultraverse is simply ignored.
    Yes, That is the most simple answer and probably the real one.
    I think Charlton characters are the ones that fare better under in comparison to other properties.
    Yeah,just look how good people react to the debut of Blue and Gold. Blue Beetle is an pilar of DC now. I suppose it was in part by the influence of Giordano, who knew the characters and was able enough to put them in niches than others DC characters don't fit, and I think they are trying to do that with the Wildstorm characters now, insead of made the DC characters t fit the Wildstorm characters as it was with the new52.

As for the Ultraverse, I think certain elements would had ended as part of mainstream DC, like Nightman or the Strangers. As for Prime, he seemed like a Captain Marvel (Shazam) rework, but it have an interesting background. Maybe Mantra would had a better chance to bright.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Considering how DC have completely swept Jones' run on Green Lantern, one of their biggest characters and at one of the biggest booms of comic history, under the rug, I doubt they would even use Prime, arguably the biggest Ultraverse character, if they had him right now.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans