Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New Phoenix *spoilers* How y'all Feel?

So some lady named Echo is apparently the new Phoenix Host for the foreseeable future I've seen how people feel on the Avengers side of things I'm curious about what the X-People think, since their favorite cosmic Fire chicken is just a worn out, breeded shell of her former self & Thor's Mommy!

No, do not like this echo having the Phoenix Force. I Hope it is temporary.

The Phoenix Force needs to be returned to its former level of glory.

All of this new stuff is just horrific, and does not have continuity with what has gone before.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Didnt read it but seems underwhelming.

How does a human who is good at fighting have the power/rislience to be the next Pheonix host?

Astonishing Member

I have no idea who this Echo character is

In my mind, only the best psychics and telekinetics should be able to handle the Phoenix force without going crazy
    In Here Comes Tomorow Jean cuts away a failed reality by telekinetically controlling every atom of creation, pretty much. It's a force of nature, like Galactus.
    But the problem probably begun with the Phoenix 5, or even with Hope, who deviated too much from the typical Phoenix Host.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post

In my mind, only the best psychics and telekinetics should be able to handle the Phoenix force without going crazy
    In Here Comes Tomorow Jean cuts away a failed reality by telekinetically controlling every atom of creation, pretty much. It's a force of nature, like Galactus.
    But the problem probably begun with the Phoenix 5, or even with Hope, who deviated too much from the typical Phoenix Host.
    At least Hope was mutant Jesus and Jean adjacent.

after phoenix cyclops and phoenix wolverine total bastardization of the concept was inevitable
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

This was consequence of years trying to undermine Jean connection to Phoenix by the X-office.

I'm happy that echo gonna get some promotion, but it shouldn't be on Phoenix.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I've always loved Echo...I think she's truly a unique character with a very interesting powerset. (Cheyenne, with a hearing disability and given a literal Glow-Up...Marvel is ticking a few boxes, there). Did she need the Phoenix upgrade? Absolutely not...nobody needs that mess. And while I don't know how being a host for the Phoenix will play out for her character I sincerely hope it will not be written like the albatrossic crutch it was for Jean.

That said...

I'm supremely glad that parasitic parrot is far and away from Jean. Ecstatic, really!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Y'all seen I called her "Some Lady" I do not know anything about this Echo chick of the entire event she seems like the most uninspired cloutless person to give the chicken too. I guess if the goal is to build her up into something grand good decision but since this entire run is likely to be either ignored or retconned to hell the moment Aaron’s done it seems like a bland ending to a basic event.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I've always loved Echo...I think she's truly a unique character with a very interesting powerset. (Cheyenne, with a hearing disability and given a literal Glow-Up...Marvel is ticking a few boxes, there). Did she need the Phoenix upgrade? Absolutely not...nobody needs that mess. And while I don't know how being a host for the Phoenix will play out for her character I sincerely hope it will not be written like the albatrossic crutch it was for Jean.

That said...

I'm supremely glad that parasitic parrot is far and away from Jean. Ecstatic, really!
    I'm a little upset that Marvel editorial can't stop beating up the X-Men and taking their stuff away to hand to the Avengers, but happier that the plot-derailing parasite is going to go bother someone else for a while.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post

The Phoenix Five, Hope Summers, Fongus who lives amongus, Emma Frost as a host, Quentin Quire as a host.......the list of weird, awful and horrendous stories go on and on......................

Let the Fires of the Phoenix---which burns away that which does not work---- burn away all that garbage. That would be a start......

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    The Phoenix Five, Hope Summers, Fongus who lives amongus, Emma Frost as a host, Quentin Quire as a host.......the list of weird, awful and horrendous stories go on and on......................

Let the Fires of the Phoenix---which burns away that which does not work---- burn away all that garbage. That would be a start......
    exactly, you took the words out of my mouth
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    exactly, you took the words out of my mouth
    LOL, yes, we do that to each other sometimes!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

From the beggining it was clear this crossover was more flash and opportunities for fighthing for the characters than about the Phoenix itself so whoever ended with the phoenix it would not leave fans happy and it will probably be forgotten later so I donīt have strong feelings over it, her being Thorīs mother just came out of left field and I guess is because they want to cut his ties to Gea for a more "impressive" mother figure but this only looks like a badly done retcon.

I donīt know much about Echo but I donīt dislike the character,I just think that if marvel wants to develop her giving her the phoenix is not the way to go, it never works when one character takes the atributes of another it just never feels right, when they can develop their own and that story would feel earned.

I think the Phoenix force should go back to being the guardian of the m'kraan crystal and have itīs place as part of the cosmic beings of the universe, never liked the perspective of the phoenix as just this monster people have to deal with from the AvX crossover it reduces itīs concept too much from what it was.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-07-2021 at 03:50 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post

I think the Phoenix force should go back to being the guardian of the m'kraan crystal and have itīs place as part of the cosmic beings of the universe, never liked the perspective of the phoenix as just this monster people have to deal with from the AvX crossover it reduces itīs concept too much from what it was.
    The Phoenix Force IS a Cosmic Being, one of the Cosmics of the Universe/Multiverse.

I do like the idea of the PF going back into the M'Kraan Crystal as the Guardian of Creation.

The Phoenix Force then makes Jean Grey The Phoenix so that Jean can help as a guardian of life. Jean then has space adventures as part of a Galactic Team.