Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Nah, Thor is like Cable to Rachel, in that they share one same parent: The Phoenix Force.
    don't forget Hope Summers. Also a Phoenix baby.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    don't forget Hope Summers. Also a Phoenix baby.
    Hmmm, since we don't know who the bio dad is, it's entirely possible that the PF is the daddy similar to Rachel. Louise gave birth to a Phoenix baby.

Hmmm, since we don't know who the bio dad is, it's entirely possible that the PF is the daddy similar to Rachel. Louise gave birth to a Phoenix baby.
    I'm pretty sure it was heavily implied in one issue of AvX that the Phoenix Force impregnated Hope's mother?! Or am I making something up here?

I'm pretty sure it was heavily implied in one issue of AvX that the Phoenix Force impregnated Hope's mother?! Or am I making something up here?
    There have been lots of implications, and that is one. I thought in one of the Uncanny issues they went back to Cooperstown and heard from Hope's bio grandmother that some dude got her daughter pregnant, but we as readers never saw a face or details. So it's 100% possible it was the Phoenix Force all along.....like Agatha lol.

Nah, Thor is like Cable to Rachel, in that they share one same parent: The Phoenix Force.
    Rachel much less Cable are not canon that they are Phoenix's kids

So the lesson for everyone is to cover up your naughty bits tightly so the Phoenix Force don't getcha!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Mighty Member

Everything I've heard about this storyline is so stupid that I was actually happy to find out it was Echo!

I expected it to be predictable.

Anyway, it's still a reveal that won't stand time.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Exasperated. Who cares about the Phoenix Force? The X-Men franchise ran the concept well into the ground several years ago. Now they're shopping it around the other Marvel heroes? Yawn, man. Who is this story even for? Why does it seem to be going on and on and on and on?

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Exasperated. Who cares about the Phoenix Force? The X-Men franchise ran the concept well into the ground several years ago. Now they're shopping it around the other Marvel heroes? Yawn, man. Who is this story even for? Why does it seem to be going on and on and on and on?
    It's kinda sad a comic book concept so overdone...so pulverized any new perspectives, of hidden nuances have been reduced to ashes.

BUT From those ashes rises...
    Another Phoenix story.

le sigh
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Rachel much less Cable are not canon that they are Phoenix's kids
    I never said Cable was. But Rachel has been hinted at being the child of Jean and the PF for years by Claremont, most evident in Uncanny X-Men Annual 14. Bigger push for that in the recently released 140.5 issue he penned. But still, I don't care either way, it's just fun to think of her and Thor as quasi siblings and how she beat the snot out of him.

Astonishing Member

I’m pretty sure making Phoenix Thor’s mom is one of the few Avengers/X-Men pissing match retcons that no-one likes

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

So, they essentially just turned the Phoenix force and role into just another normal superhero mantle? Marvel seems obsessed with doing this with characters these days, especially when it doesn't seem earned.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 04-15-2021 at 05:24 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Give Jean Grey her Phoenix back. Sorry! It belongs to her or Rachel. Everything else is a wrong decision.
    THIS if it ain't Jean or Rachel Grey it doesn't matter the concept has been run into the ground sadly with all these other characters......PF is best used sparingly imo and not only that but also not always used as some kind antagonist either.