Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    The Red Dragon

Dont really care Phoenix as a concept us only interesting with Jean. You cant pay me to read this mess.

Nobody at Marvel in 40 years has had a better idea about something cosmic to do than Claremont? Pathetic.

I feel like the Phoenix's last story should have been in the Resurrection of Jean Grey. I'd say AvX instead but that event was a travesty and the cosmic chicken deserved better. And if that had been its swan song, we wouldn't have gotten the Resurrection of Jean Grey story.

On the point of the story there's this emptiness of the story. LIke, this should be an incredibly monumental story, but it feels like anything but. I think I do blame Aaron's writing for that, this Avengers run has been mostly (edited) forgettable. I said horrible at first but there's definitely been worse runs just none that seem so...meh.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

She be like "Mexican Indian you sonavu B-----!"

Wolverine became a phoenix, Spider-Man did and there were the P5 so I doubt this will be permanent. Are things like Rhodey Iron Man and Beta Rey Bill even permanent?

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post

Wolverine became a phoenix, Spider-Man did and there were the P5 so I doubt this will be permanent. Are things like Rhodey Iron Man and Beta Rey Bill even permanent?
    It's never permanent, this wont be different. It's how comics roll some things change and some get back to normal later
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-07-2021 at 05:36 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So some lady named Echo is apparently the new Phoenix Host for the foreseeable future I've seen how people feel on the Avengers side of things I'm curious about what the X-People think, since their favorite cosmic Fire chicken is just a worn out, breeded shell of her former self & Thor's Mommy!
    Blasphemy!!! There is only one true Phoenix host and name is Jean lol

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I've always loved Echo...I think she's truly a unique character with a very interesting powerset. (Cheyenne, with a hearing disability and given a literal Glow-Up...Marvel is ticking a few boxes, there). Did she need the Phoenix upgrade? Absolutely not...nobody needs that mess. And while I don't know how being a host for the Phoenix will play out for her character I sincerely hope it will not be written like the albatrossic crutch it was for Jean.

That said...

I'm supremely glad that parasitic parrot is far and away from Jean. Ecstatic, really!
    I'm a little upset that Marvel editorial can't stop beating up the X-Men and taking their stuff away to hand to the Avengers, but happier that the plot-derailing parasite is going to go bother someone else for a while.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Echo is one of my favorite Avengers/Street level heroes & I honestly dislike them having her be the new host. It seems to harm any character it comes with in the long run, including Jean. Which is why I liked in Resurrection that she sent it away. Yes, it's given her some iconic stories & iconography but it's also led to writers & editorial to seemingly be leery of using her at times.
    I'm hoping with Echo they at least do better before Marvel decides to toss the force back into the X-universe. I feel like they did this to make her more relevant cause outside her Daredevil appearances she's never been big in the Avenger imo.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

While I think the X-books could use a break from the Phoenix after they themselves have abused it and build back up to it again properly, I have zero interest in anything related to the Avengers being the reason why.

I hope if there are plans for Phoenix in this new X era, this won't veto them. The tradeoff will most definitely not be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Phoenix should be put to rest
    I think you added an extra letter and missed a few words - so I fixed it for you.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post

What character is Mexican Indian

Spectacular Member

To me it just shows how hypocritical the Avengers are. The last time the Phoenix made an appearance the Avengers were all in an uproar and wanted to destroy it no matter what. This time though as the host happens to be an Avenger they are okay with it and welcome it into their fold.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'm a little upset that Marvel editorial can't stop beating up the X-Men and taking their stuff away to hand to the Avengers, but happier that the plot-derailing parasite is going to go bother someone else for a while.
    That's the Avengers for you. It's what they always do because their books are so goddamn dull with one spectacular arc every 100 issues surrounded by a mire of ****. I mean let's see, things the Avengers have tried to take and dilute from the X-Men:

* Magneto
    * Sentinels
    * Beast
    * Jean Grey
    * Shi'ar
    * Wolverine
    * Phoenix

Like, I get it. The Avengers' individual series are so much better - Thor, Iron Man, Captain America - you can list amazing arcs and runs from each but read those first twenty issues of Avengers - they're somehow worse than the first twenty of X-Men. Half of their threats are by villains seeking to beat them for the sake of beating them because they're the Avengers - even though they haven't actually done anything! When the founding Avengers leave, it doesn't get much better: Captain America is a negligent jerk, Scarlet Witch is useless, Quicksilver is fast but not really and Hawkeye is an *******. Then Giant-Man rejoins as Goliath and he's a jerk and the Wasp joins Scarlet Witch in being useless. What happens then? Hercules joins and he single handedly makes the Avengers more useless than when Thor was around.

Hey, I'm sorry, I know that the Skrull/Kree War was an amazing arc and I respect it as such. It deserves the praise it gets. But don't forget, it also TOOK THE MAIN CONCEPTS FROM FANTASTIC FOUR. Just like it attempted to take Fantastic Four villains like Diablo and Dr. Doom before this.

And the worst part about it is this, if the Avengers stuck to Thor villains or Iron Man villains and such it'd be fine - because those are the Avengers. But when you have the Avengers fighting Sentinels and Larry Trask or them being the ones who rediscover Jean Grey, it really bears the question, wouldn't you rather read this stuff in an X-Men book?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    That's the Avengers for you. It's what they always do because their books are so goddamn dull with one spectacular arc every 100 issues surrounded by a mire of ****. I mean let's see, things the Avengers have tried to take and dilute from the X-Men:

* Magneto
    * Sentinels
    * Beast
    * Jean Grey
    * Shi'ar
    * Wolverine
    * Phoenix

Like, I get it. The Avengers' individual series are so much better - Thor, Iron Man, Captain America - you can list amazing arcs and runs from each but read those first twenty issues of Avengers - they're somehow worse than the first twenty of X-Men. Half of their threats are by villains seeking to beat them for the sake of beating them because they're the Avengers - even though they haven't actually done anything! When the founding Avengers leave, it doesn't get much better: Captain America is a negligent jerk, Scarlet Witch is useless, Quicksilver is fast but not really and Hawkeye is an *******. Then Giant-Man rejoins as Goliath and he's a jerk and the Wasp joins Scarlet Witch in being useless. What happens then? Hercules joins and he single handedly makes the Avengers more useless than when Thor was around.

Hey, I'm sorry, I know that the Skrull/Kree War was an amazing arc and I respect it as such. It deserves the praise it gets. But don't forget, it also TOOK THE MAIN CONCEPTS FROM FANTASTIC FOUR. Just like it attempted to take Fantastic Four villains like Diablo and Dr. Doom before this.

And the worst part about it is this, if the Avengers stuck to Thor villains or Iron Man villains and such it'd be fine - because those are the Avengers. But when you have the Avengers fighting Sentinels and Larry Trask or them being the ones who rediscover Jean Grey, it really bears the question, wouldn't you rather read this stuff in an X-Men book?
    The Avengers strip-mining the X-Men used to infuriate me; now I’m simply indifferent.

And when it comes to hosts, Rachel did it better than anyone and resulted in truly interesting stories about The Bird. I’m 100 with Jean fans that she should stay far, far away from it.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    What character is Mexican Indian
    Uh... it was in response to Echo looking more Europeon than NA. And I said she may possibly be spanish too. And Mexicans have spanish ancestory, sooo.

ETA: And it's a quote from Young Guns.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-07-2021 at 08:21 PM.