Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I've always loved Echo...I think she's truly a unique character with a very interesting powerset. (Cheyenne, with a hearing disability and given a literal Glow-Up...Marvel is ticking a few boxes, there). Did she need the Phoenix upgrade? Absolutely not...nobody needs that mess. And while I don't know how being a host for the Phoenix will play out for her character I sincerely hope it will not be written like the albatrossic crutch it was for Jean.

That said...

I'm supremely glad that parasitic parrot is far and away from Jean. Ecstatic, really!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Y'all seen I called her "Some Lady" I do not know anything about this Echo chick of the entire event she seems like the most uninspired cloutless person to give the chicken too. I guess if the goal is to build her up into something grand good decision but since this entire run is likely to be either ignored or retconned to hell the moment Aaron’s done it seems like a bland ending to a basic event.

Good riddance if i'm honest. The avenger line has been destroying the essence of the phoenix at least since a vs x. They did issue after issue of how horrible it was how it only means doom and they give it to a former member of the hand. Good luck with that. I can't say i missed the phoenix at all or will.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Not a fan.

Just a poor man's Batgirl who will be back in limbo soon.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So some lady named Echo is apparently the new Phoenix Host for the foreseeable future I've seen how people feel on the Avengers side of things I'm curious about what the X-People think, since their favorite cosmic Fire chicken is just a worn out, breeded shell of her former self & Thor's Mommy!
    If its the same woman Echo has been around quite a long time. The female version was in Marvel Knights. She is of the indigenous peoples so it being an MU character it could be worse. Though, I'm trying to remember if they eventually made her a mutant. She was created by Mack and Quesada.

Interesting. Both the Phoenix Force and the Psi Hawk are now linked to native americans.
    That could make an interesting story, if only Aaron did read or care about Ultimates.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Not a fan.

Just a poor man's Batgirl who will be back in limbo soon.
    There are rumors of a TV series about her. So, I doubt Marvel will get rid of her.
    Last edited by mugiwara; 04-07-2021 at 04:27 PM.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Interesting. Both the Phoenix Force and the Psi Hawk are now linked to native americans.
    That could make an interesting story, if only Aaron did read or care about Ultimates.

There are rumors of a TV series about her. So, I doubt Marvel will get rid of her.
    Never knew she was suppose to be native american. I swear whenever they go for Native American it seems they go as european looking as possible in both colors and features. Though the latest issue of Immortal Hulk did a great job.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

How original.....
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

You forgot Firebird. While not psychic power, she does manifest a Firebird and is Native American.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    How original.....
    Lmao

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    You forgot Firebird. While not psychic power, she does manifest a Firebird and is Native American.
    I always thought she was from Spain. I wouldn't be surprised if that was not known by more recent creators.

speaking of Echo looking European, maybe she has some spanish in her. That may make her a little less indigenous.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    oh my, they could have just revamped her.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

At least is not Jane Foster...

BANNED

Hickman banning Jean from the Phoenix so she can focus on the housekeeping lmao

Surprised it's not a dude, considering Marvel being Marvel.

But still...no.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 04-07-2021 at 05:10 PM.

Love it !!!!!!!!