Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

The choice is so random

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

I think it's cool making the phoenix independent from an already major character.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Fantastic Member

Every single arc of Jason Aaron's Avengers run has had stupid ideas that I expect to be ignored and retconned. This Phoenix Mom March Madness tournament is just the latest.
    Last edited by Jwyatt; 04-08-2021 at 06:51 PM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I think it's cool making the phoenix independent from an already major character.
    I don't think that's the issue it's the almost fanfiction nature of it all. Nothing about the Phoenix Force Aaron has been using is in line with even its most recent history it's just a bunch of nonsense thrown together so that the concept can be tied to other characters not named Jean Grey or with ties to the X-men. Which again would be fine but nothing about this story make sense for Echo to be it's chosen host except that we're told she's supposed to.

Feels like just another chapter in Aaron’s bad fanfiction.

Fantastic Member

Yikes, this does read like bad fanfiction. The Phoenix used to be such an special aspect of the X-Men mythos....

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Not a fan.

Just a poor man's Batgirl who will be back in limbo soon.
    She has an MCU appearance and her own spinoff series coming up so doubtful.

It’s only going to get worse...Get ready for Heroes Reborn! Happy Re-birthday Phoenix!!! Can’t wait for you to be sent to the Mental Asylum so your new boyfriend Blade can bust you out and then you can reset the Universe/Timeline with your favorite son Thor! *Cue soundtrack* Oh and it was Mephisto all along!

Can we all fu*king wake up from this nightmare already and forget this run ever happened!

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    She has an MCU appearance and her own spinoff series coming up so doubtful.
    Wanda & Vision had a beloved worldwide show & got zip for synergy you give Marvel too much credit.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Once again it's another ploy by Marvel to make the Avengers "look" better and steal a concept from another line to increase their sales. And by look better I mean they get their superior standing and attitude again towards the mutants. "Well the Phoenix Force started with the Avengers, and now is back so we're no longer wanting to kill it because it is working for us and you guys can't handle it's power so we're the best". I hope this direction for Echo is a good one but nothing about this whole "event" or contest seemed exciting to anyone other than Aaron.

I've never understood the irrational hatred some fans here have for the Avengers. The Avengers and the X-men come from the same universe, plots, ideas, and characters crossover all the time. Nobody is trying to steal anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I've never understood the irrational hatred some fans here have for the Avengers. The Avengers and the X-men come from the same universe, plots, ideas, and characters crossover all the time. Nobody is trying to steal anything.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribalism

Aaron writing about the phoenix: collective outbreak. He should at least change the name of the Avengers to Hypocrites. If one day the phoenix returns to Jean, they will show up to say that she is bad and blah blah

Call it tribalism if you like, but it has been made clear by this story that the Avengers have a major problem when the Phoenix Force chooses a Mutant host. But if it’s one of their own, than they’re qualified heroes!

Hypocritical and Tribalist alright! To think that before the pandemic and Empyre Thor would have still been Gaiason, and Jean the true PF avatar. Aaron has been behind all the major stories that divorced the PF from the x-mythos, from AvX changing Hope Summers from being a reincarnated Jean Grey via PF, to this hilariously unprecedented tournament.

Its incredible how the Avengers office can steal story concepts and break them every time. There is no quality control!
    Last edited by otipep_90; 04-09-2021 at 06:46 AM.

Astonishing Member

Hang on, hasn’t a big portion of the arc being the Phoenix holding the Avengers prisoner and making them fight against each other and others with the implicit threat that if the don’t she’ll either kill them and/or empower doom/Namor/Red widow/Squadron Supreme; with Cap and Panther wondering throughout how their going to get rid of Phoenix