Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Has Zatanna ever paid for her mind wipes?

Honestly one of my biggest problems with her is while I love the character she just has mind wiped people and has recieved no consequences for it. I honestly feel like maybe something should have happened where it makes her decide to never do it again and for the plot line to never be used. An idea I have is for her and Constantine's kid to be brought into main stream canon and have it be revealed the kid's existence was erased from both their memories because of how powerful she was.

I think this would be a good arc for Constantine as well because I can see him doing a lot of morally questionable things for his daughter's safety even going against the League. Essentially my idea is for Zatanna to fight a super villain and learn about her daughter then for Zatanna to mind wipe people for her kid's safety but for her to go too far (like wiping her daughter's friends and crush) and for her daughter to snap and mind wipe Zatanna to the point where Zatanna is temporarily catatonic. I could then see John having to step up and I know this sounds odd but I do like the idea of John taking care of a kid and a amnesiac Zatanna.

As mentioned before I love this idea because I do like the idea of John being a father and having to protect his kid and Zatanna I can even see him becoming Doctor Fate and I love the idea of him and Zatanna raising a powerful kid while arguing how to raise her. I also think Zatanna raising a powerful daughter with no self control would make for an interesting plot as well.

She doesn't have to pay for what never happened. Got it?

Her entire timeline was erased and rewritten, so yes she did

Forget that trash story alongside WW killing Max Lord.

Astonishing Member

Flashpoint absolved us of all our sins.

Boisterously Confused

Whether she paid never troubles me as I refuse to accept Identity Crisis as canon, and instead think of it as a writer's very disturbing wet dream, bad writing, and something DC's (all-too-often) retcons will eventually wipe away.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I don't see the problem of her mindwiping Doctor Light's memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I don't see the problem of her mindwiping Doctor Light's memory.
    And Batman’s memory?

And that’s just memory erasure, the real crime was altering Dr Light, Catwoman, and the Top’s personalities. Erasing a small handful of memories of criminals I can’t get upset about but trying to alter their entire personalities is a horse of a different color. Wasn’t just Doctor Light but Catwoman and The Top, too

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    And Batman’s memory?

And that’s just memory erasure, the real crime was altering Dr Light, Catwoman, and the Top’s personalities. Erasing a small handful of memories of criminals I can’t get upset about but trying to alter their entire personalities is a horse of a different color. Wasn’t just Doctor Light but Catwoman and The Top, too
    I have to agree.

I always thought it was heinous why they wiped Catwoman's mind and not the other Bat villains.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I have to agree.

I always thought it was heinous why they wiped Catwoman's mind and not the other Bat villains.
    They really flanderized her with wiping Catwoman and Top. Especially annoying, IMO, is that they never really seemed to explore her feelings about what she did.

she bought them all on credit.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Flashpoint absolved us of all our sins.
    And yet...gave us so, so many more

Always love reminding people who long for the “hope & optimism” of Pre-FP that Identity Crisis is Pre-FP. OP thanks to the power of reboots the mind wipes are no longer canon. See guys not everything about DC continuity being a mess is bad!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Not. Necessarily. Tim Drake got his backstory back and his father died in Identity Crisis. Infinite Crisis maybe gone with Max Lord alive and Bludhaven surviving but who knows with I.D.

Hey now that I remember, where's Captain Boomerang and Jean Loring these days?