Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default So are the rumors about Red Skull these days true?

So I heard an interesting rumor about Red Skull that made me chuckle a little. Apparently Jordan Peterson is saying he's noticed many similarities to himself and the way Red Skull is being written. I was curious if any of this is true because I find the idea of Red Skull acting as a motivational speaker to be hilarious. I mean realistically his rep would speak for itself so I don't see how many people wouldn't know who he is already. The guy is a mass murderer as well so the idea itself seems dumb.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    So I heard an interesting rumor about Red Skull that made me chuckle a little. Apparently Jordan Peterson is saying he's noticed many similarities to himself and the way Red Skull is being written. I was curious if any of this is true because I find the idea of Red Skull acting as a motivational speaker to be hilarious. I mean realistically his rep would speak for itself so I don't see how many people wouldn't know who he is already. The guy is a mass murderer as well so the idea itself seems dumb.
    Wait, what? Jordan Peterson the philosophy guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Wait, what? Jordan Peterson the philosophy guy?
    Yes I could not believe it either.
    Last edited by Castiel; 04-07-2021 at 07:08 PM.

Amazing Member

I mean ... Cobra Commander was always a car salesman who was good at talking endless minons into joining his cause ... its not like this is new territory.
    And its not really a "rumor" as much as it's well we read the book and yeah there is a correlation, weather it's intentional or just coincidental can be debated.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seth_Brower View Post
    I mean ... Cobra Commander was always a car salesman who was good at talking endless minons into joining his cause ... its not like this is new territory.
    And its not really a "rumor" as much as it's well we read the book and yeah there is a correlation, weather it's intentional or just coincidental can be debated.
    You can even get closer with reality and make this relation with the US' previous president.
    Last edited by shooshoomanjoe; 04-08-2021 at 09:24 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by steel_atlas View Post
    I'm not making a value judgement I'm just pointing out where I think the language comes from.
    ok

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    You can even get closer with reality and make this relation with the US' previous president.
    I think with these comparisons, it's not so much them being actual nazis, which isn't who they are, and wouldn't be appropriate to outright be called that. It's more them using language which leads to radicalization. These alt-right types have been coddled by society while more progressive groups are often demonized and brutalized

Ultimate Member

Yes I could not believe it either.
    I'm surprised he even reads comics

I have quite the collection let me tell you.

Invincible Member

I'm pretty sure someone tweeted a couple of the pages to him.

Ultimate Member

I have quite the collection let me tell you.
    You're Peterson?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm pretty sure someone tweeted a couple of the pages to him.
    How did he feel about it?

I'm thinking you are referring to Peterson but after being exposed to Coates characterization of Black Panther...
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

And people should stop saying that Peterson is just "a Canadian Psychologist".

He isn't, he's a political commentator. And he's been one since he started campaigning against trans pronoun use which was a good long while ago.

People shouldn't be surprised that some of his views are being made fun of.

Invincible Member

The thing is, there's a number of alt-right and alt right adjacent You Tube/Social Media figures that function the same way. They offer somewhat reasonable self help advice then pepper said advise with right wing beliefs. And it's not that crazy that some people would find Red Skull motivating...look how many people admired Charles Manson in real life. If Manson had a You Tube Channel or a Twitter account, it'd be massive.

Having said that, I'm not so sure that Coates was trying to compare Peterson to Nazis, but probably pointing out how some of this rhetoric has led some guys down a darker path.

Yes, it's been mentioned it's Milton Berle'esque...

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Coates clearly was taking a stab at Dr. Peterson. It is very much an undeserved jab. Folks need to remember that you can actually agree to disagree with someone and still consider them to be a valuable human being who simply thinks differently than you. Sadly, that seems to be a thing of the past for many.