Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Er, I'm not a big fan of any type of propaganda as I feel people should think for themselves.
    People can think for themselves, I agree, so maybe propaganda isn't the right word. But we can only think based on what we know, so some messages can better inform us than others

Fantastic Member

Er, I'm not a big fan of any type of propaganda as I feel people should think for themselves.
    Are Aesop's fables propaganda?

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    Are Aesop's fables propaganda?
    Huh, WTH!?

I'm legit confused by your message.

Propaganda

"information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view."

Fable

"A short story, typically with animals as characters, conveying a moral."

The two are nothing alike. One is a tool of manipulation whereas the other is a teaching tool.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-11-2021 at 09:17 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member

[IMG]https://www*****nybeing.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/WTF-Are-You-Doing.jpg[/IMG]
    Hmmm? I don't get it.

Hmmm? I don't get it.
    See my modified previous post.

Fantastic Member

Huh, WTH!?

I'm legit confused by your message.

Propaganda

"information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view."

Fable

"A short story, typically with animals as characters, conveying a moral."

The two are nothing alike. One is a tool of manipulation whereas the other is a teaching tool.
    Right. Well, I basically thought Frozen was a fable. Like a lot of children's stories. Nothing more than that. So describing Frozen as propaganda felt extreme to me.

Right. Well, I basically thought Frozen was a fable. Like a lot of children's stories. Nothing more than that. So describing Frozen as propaganda felt extreme to me.
    I never said it was propaganda. I was responding to Mik's post saying I dislike propaganda in general not that I think Frozen is propaganda. And my other post was a joke thus the winky face.

Ultimate Member

I never said it was propaganda. I was responding to Mik's post saying I dislike propaganda in general not that I think Frozen is propaganda. And my other post was a joke thus the winky face.
    I think my definition of propaganda was off. I thought it meant "information promoting a certain view", but I now think that's incorrect

Fantastic Member

Yes, that's what I thought. I wasn't accusing you of calling it propaganda. I was just conversing on the topic. Nothing more.

EDIT: I was referring to Peterson calling it propaganda.
    Last edited by evolutionaryFan; 04-11-2021 at 09:26 PM.

Yes, that's what I thought. I wasn't accusing you of calling it propaganda. I was just conversing on the topic. Nothing more.
    Okay, I see now, no harm no foul. I was seriously confused by your direct response. I thought you upset with me for some reason.

Fantastic Member

Okay, I see now, no harm no foul. I was seriously confused by your direct response. I thought you upset with me for some reason.
    lol. Not at all. Sorry about that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I think a lot of people are missing the point here. It's not that Peterson is the model for Red Skull, it's that rhetoric like Peterson's is used by alt-right types to lead folks down that pipeline.
    Exactly.

It’s not “Red Skull is Jordan Peterson”, it’s a lot of alt-right types use those sort of tactics to re-purpose their message.

People seem to forget that the Alt-right is just a repackaged form of Nazism. It’s not that Peterson himself is a Nazi, just that modern day Nazis are using these tactics to recruit young and impressionable people.

Fantastic Member

I really like this video describing the situation:

Specifically 9:29-15:00. He makes an interesting point with regards Peterson's whole Cultural Marxism spiel.

Also, can someone tell me which issue of Captain America is displayed at 5:20? I want to know if Coates wrote that issue also...

Ultimate Member

What's even funnier about this situation is that people are trying to go after Coates but he deleted his Twitter years ago.

The guy had over a million twitter followers but deleted it when he was feuding with Cornel West.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I really like this video describing the situation:

Specifically 9:29-15:00. He makes an interesting point with regards Peterson's whole Cultural Marxism spiel.

Also, can someone tell me which issue of Captain America is displayed at 5:20? I want to know if Coates wrote that issue also...
    Vaush got caught in 4K being against the age of consent so you should've picked a better video.

The book at 5:20 should be Steve Rogers: Captain America by Nick Spencer.
    "Cable was right!"