Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The closest was that WB recently announced that Godzilla vs. Kong had surpassed Wonder Woman 1984 as their biggest ever HBO Max debut, which, by implication, would mean that the Snyder Cut didn't surpass it.

Even if WW1984 hadn't outperformed it, I doubt that the Snyder Cut would have much impact on the new Superman movie anyway. It's a reboot and likely will be outside the main canon like The Batman.
    Thats a fair point.

Also wether right or wrong the author must be doing something right or else he wouldnt keep getting such high profile writing gigs.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    That wouldn’t fit either, the Alt-Right hate Ben Shapiro. He’s gets death threats from them. He’s also heavily criticized the alt-right for years.
    Shapiro is Jewish though. Republican Jews receiving hate within their own party isn't uncommon as anti-Semitism is mainly a problem on the far right.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Shapiro is Jewish though. Republican Jews receiving hate within their own party isn't uncommon as anti-Semitism is mainly a problem on the far right.
    I've heard of some women and PoC commentators promote problematic alt right view points only for those same alt rightists to turn on them

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I've heard of some women and PoC commentators promote problematic alt right view points only for those same alt rightists to turn on them
    The problem is that the so-called "alt-right" is really an ironically politically correct attempt to rebrand white supremacy as a legitimate and valid mainstream ideology, and a lot of those same people also believe that women should be subservient to men and otherwise adhere to traditional gender roles. Any woman, even if on the same side, who gets caught stepping out of "her place" gets reminded of what that place is very quickly, and "alt-right" POC who don't toe the line and efface themselves sufficiently enough for their so-called "superiors" get the same treatment, more or less.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The problem is that the so-called "alt-right" is really an ironically politically correct attempt to rebrand white supremacy as a legitimate and valid mainstream ideology, and a lot of those same people also believe that women should be subservient to men and otherwise adhere to traditional gender roles. Any woman, even if on the same side, who gets caught stepping out of "her place" gets reminded of what that place is very quickly, and "alt-right" POC who don't toe the line and efface themselves sufficiently enough for their so-called "superiors" get the same treatment, more or less.
    Exactly. Regressives and alt-rightists are some of the most politically correct people around. IMO political correctness has always existed, it was just more for the benefit of a few back then

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    So I heard an interesting rumor about Red Skull that made me chuckle a little. Apparently Jordan Peterson is saying he's noticed many similarities to himself and the way Red Skull is being written. I was curious if any of this is true because I find the idea of Red Skull acting as a motivational speaker to be hilarious. I mean realistically his rep would speak for itself so I don't see how many people wouldn't know who he is already. The guy is a mass murderer as well so the idea itself seems dumb.
    Coates clearly was taking a stab at Dr. Peterson. It is very much an undeserved jab. Folks need to remember that you can actually agree to disagree with someone and still consider them to be a valuable human being who simply thinks differently than you. Sadly, that seems to be a thing of the past for many.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    Coates clearly was taking a stab at Dr. Peterson. It is very much an undeserved jab. Folks need to remember that you can actually agree to disagree with someone and still consider them to be a valuable human being who simply thinks differently than you. Sadly, that seems to be a thing of the past for many.
    Idk think it ever existed. Different viewpoints have been demonized for all of human existence

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    Peterson doesn't simply think different. Peterson has said some really awful things and preached some really awful things.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

they should get him to be red skull in the MCU just for his voice alone

Arrow

As an aside, I think Shapiro is a con artist rather than being truly "Alt-Right" (or whatever he is pretending to be these days). I doubt he believes half of what he says but it is part of his hustle so he has to claim he does for da fans.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-08-2021 at 07:19 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    As an aside, I think Shapiro is a con artist rather than being truly Alt-Right (or whatever he is pretending to be these days). I doubt he believes half of what he says but it is part of his hustle so he has to claim he does for da fans.
    if you look at young ben shapiro's writings, he definitely had those views, he's just cleaned up the presentation a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    if you look at young ben shapiro's writings, he definitely had those views, he's just cleaned up the presentation a lot
    I'm not talking about his core views. For example, he was vehemently against Trump until he saw which way the wind was blowing and became just another cheerleader (and I can think of other examples). The guy sure knows how to pander when the need arises.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'm not talking about his core views. For example, he was vehemently against Trump until he saw which way the wind was blowing and became just another cheerleader (and I can think of other examples). The guy sure knows how to pander when the need arises.
    I'd guess he's a mix of both. Regressive views mixed with opportunism

I'm surprised he even reads comics
    I'm thinking you are referring to Peterson but after being exposed to Coates characterization of Black Panther...
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

There's a trans far-right commentator on youtube that promotes far-right views.

So much so that some of these guys say transphobic fans to her FACE.

It's really very disturbing.