Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    they should get him to be red skull in the MCU just for his voice alone
    I laughed out loud at this.

Ultimate Member

And people should stop saying that Peterson is just "a Canadian Psychologist".

He isn't, he's a political commentator. And he's been one since he started campaigning against trans pronoun use which was a good long while ago.

People shouldn't be surprised that some of his views are being made fun of.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    There's a trans far-right commentator on youtube that promotes far-right views.

So much so that some of these guys say transphobic fans to her FACE.

It's really very disturbing.
    It's interesting cuz Blaire White has stated that some of these guys have told her that they don't really believe what they say, but the audience expects them to say homophobic stuff. Unfortunately, Blaire plays into it herself with her "exposes" of "the bad transgenders". It's clear that she'd rather be doing more personal content, but the anti-SJW grift plays the bills and is easy material so she's kind of stuck.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    Coates clearly was taking a stab at Dr. Peterson. It is very much an undeserved jab. Folks need to remember that you can actually agree to disagree with someone and still consider them to be a valuable human being who simply thinks differently than you. Sadly, that seems to be a thing of the past for many.
    You can take jabs at whoever you want; you just have to accept the consequences later. On that note, I'm surprised J.Peterson is getting defended more than Coates.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member

He isn't, he's a political commentator. And he's been one since he started campaigning against trans pronoun use which was a good long while ago.
    He was arguing against laws that compel speech. It's a very straightforward free speech argument. We do have laws cropping up (in USA and Canada) that make using the wrong pronoun an illegal matter, which at least seems to violate free speech. Peterson has said he would call people by their preferred pronouns if they asked him to. So he isn't against trans pronouns except as a legal matter.

Ultimate Member

There's a trans far-right commentator on youtube that promotes far-right views.

So much so that some of these guys say transphobic fans to her FACE.

It's really very disturbing.
    I assume they'll eventually they'll turn on her too

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    You can take jabs at whoever you want; you just have to accept the consequences later. On that note, I'm surprised J.Peterson is getting defended more than Coates.
    Doesn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    He was arguing against laws that compel speech. It's a very straightforward free speech argument. We do have laws cropping up (in USA and Canada) that make using the wrong pronoun an illegal matter, which at least seems to violate free speech. Peterson has said he would call people by their preferred pronouns if they asked him to. So he isn't against trans pronouns except as a legal matter.
    I haven't heard of any such laws myself

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I assume they'll eventually they'll turn on her too

Doesn't surprise me.

I haven't heard of any such laws myself
    Here's an example:

https://fairygodboss.com/career-topi...rk-pronoun-law

Ultimate Member

I read an article saying it's more directed at employers willfully discriminating against employees.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I read an article saying it's more directed at employers willfully discriminating against employees.
    Yeah, but it includes 'repeated use of wrong pronouns' as a form of discrimination or harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    Yeah, but it includes 'repeated use of wrong pronouns' as a form of discrimination or harassment.
    I believe free speech or free expression is king. However, if something violent occurs because of what you say or do, well, you have to pay for it. You should be able to say or write whatever you want. I detest Human Cetipded with every fiber of my being but if I could I would not forbid its existence. The same goes for if people want to be racist let them be racist as long as they don't harm anyone. You have the right to be wrong. The government limiting free expression is a slippery sloop that can lead (and has in the past) to some very bad places.

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Also if Jordan Peterson is Alt-Right, I seem to have got the Alt-Right very wrong.

He's probably best described as a 'classical liberal'. When the first wave of Peterson outrage started I viewed a lot of his content to see whether I should also be outraged. There was nothing that I deemed contentious (that doesn't mean I agree with him on everything) but a lot that was interesting.

His main 'crimes' appear to be that he doesn't agree with compelled speech on a matter that a lot of people feel very strongly about, enough to want to compel speech, and writing a self-help book that helped a lot of people. People of any skin colour or gender could and did read it and found it valuable. After finding out that much of the readership was male, people that didn't want that readership helped misrepresented his views. As was demonstrated by the Kathy Newman Channel 4 interview.

Just in case, please don't misrepresent my views either.

Spectacular Member

I dont really see the shock here, Captain America regularly has conservative figures as his enemies. He fought Reagan.

Quote Originally Posted by steel_atlas View Post
    I dont really see the shock here, Captain America regularly has conservative figures as his enemies. He fought Reagan.
    Not physically?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I believe free speech or free expression is king. However, if something violent occurs because of what you say or do, well, you have to pay for it. You should be able to say or write whatever you want. I detest Human Cetipded with every fiber of my being but if I could I would not forbid its existence. The same goes for if people want to be racist let them be racist as long as they don't harm anyone. You have the right to be wrong. The government limiting free expression is a slippery sloop that can lead (and has in the past) to some very bad places.

Idk, I think people overreact to things and act like any attempt to be more civil is "destroying free speech"

Quote Originally Posted by Milk Tray Man View Post
    He's probably best described as a 'classical liberal'. When the first wave of Peterson outrage started I viewed a lot of his content to see whether I should also be outraged. There was nothing that I deemed contentious (that doesn't mean I agree with him on everything) but a lot that was interesting.

His main 'crimes' appear to be that he doesn't agree with compelled speech on a matter that a lot of people feel very strongly about, enough to want to compel speech, and writing a self-help book that helped a lot of people. People of any skin colour or gender could and did read it and found it valuable. After finding out that much of the readership was male, people that didn't want that readership helped misrepresented his views. As was demonstrated by the Kathy Newman Channel 4 interview.

Just in case, please don't misrepresent my views either.
    Isn't classical liberal just another buzzword?