Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A New Rumblers League?

I should probably have asked this earlier in the pandemic, but better late than never...

This whole pandemic situation has left me with a lot more free time than I would normally have. I'm working less, seeing other people from outside my household/bubble less, and there are less things to do due to shops/services/sports etc being closed down or limited - and it would seem that's going to continue for the short-term future at least (even though things ARE starting to open up gradually).

Therefore, I'd have more time than normal to run a Rumblers League (with limited time having been my biggest problem previously - as it also resulted in a limited supply of incentive and patience).

It WOULD come with an indefinite limitation, however - and it's a big one: It would still be a live action only league. And I'll provide multiple reasons why that would be the case:

- Live action keeps the power level more restricted/less silly.
    - Opening the character/item lists up to multiple sources (comics, video games, animation etc) would make the lists unmanageably huge.
    - There have been hundreds (if not thousands) of worthwhile additions to the live action multiverse since we last did a league - both in terms of characters and items - so there would be plenty of stuff to keep things fresh (think MCU, DCEU, other non-Marvel or DC comic book movies, the Monsterverse, Sonic the Hedgehog, a wide variety of comic book TV shows, Cobra Kai, The Walking Dead, countless horror movies etc etc etc).
    - It's much easier to mentally picture characters interacting when they're all live action.

So would anyone be interested? If not, no worries, but I thought I'd ask, as I imagine a few of us could do with something to pass the time right now.
    Last edited by KJS; 04-08-2021 at 03:10 AM.