Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There isn't anywhere to take Rocky. After he reconcile with his son his story ended.
    I agree. He repaid Apollo by looking after and mentoring his son to the point he won the title. He also laid to rest the guilt he carried over the exhibition bout between Creed and Drago. There is no more left for him to do/places to go. Let Rocky go off and enjoy retirement with Robert and Logan.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I like Rocky but it is time for Adonis to stand on his own. Creed has been set up as the one true heir to Apollo and Rocky's boxing legacy in the franchise.

I think a interesting direction for a third movie could be for Adonis to take some sort or political or social stance that put's his career in jeopardy and causes challenges in his personal life. It could be a interesting way to highlight Adonis being his own man and also a good way to generate conflict with an opponent who could have a different ideological stance. A bit like what happened with Muhammed Ali.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I like Rocky but it is time for Adonis to stand on his own. Creed has been set up as the one true heir to Apollo and Rocky's boxing legacy in the franchise.

I think a interesting direction for a third movie could be for Adonis to take some sort or political or social stance that put's his career in jeopardy and causes challenges in his personal life. It could be a interesting way to highlight Adonis being his own man and also a good way to generate conflict with an opponent who could have a different ideological stance. A bit like what happened with Muhammed Ali.
    That sounds pretty good, actually. I'd be for that.

Let Rocky have a happy ending as a grandad - we need new characters for this series. I want an opponent who becomes an interesting, sympathetic character who becomes a regular, ala the original series' Apollo Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I thought they really should have downplayed Rocky from the get-go and treat him like a supporting character in someone else's film that we the audience just happen to know a lot about. (I never saw the second one, so I can't speak on that)

I'm certainly curious to see what the next film will do. Maybe he can be trained by Clubber Lang this time...
    I think I've read that Stallone considered having Clubber and/or Tommy show up in Rocky Balboa, but in the end he decided mainly to have Spider Rico (Rocky's first opponent in the church) be the main cameo, and of course Ivan sort of had a redemptive arc in Creed II.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think I've read that Stallone considered having Clubber and/or Tommy show up in Rocky Balboa, but in the end he decided mainly to have Spider Rico (Rocky's first opponent in the church) be the main cameo, and of course Ivan sort of had a redemptive arc in Creed II.
    Mr. T wanted too much money for a cameo is what the rumor was. Guess he was still living in his early 80's glory? I mean about 10 years ago he was the out of work celebrity hawking one of those informercials appliances. How much did he get paid for that? lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The plan was to have Clubber appear as a commentator. Although I'm fuzzy on whether it was going to have him be on the panel discussing the computer generated fight or for the exhibition match between Rocky and Dixon (fairly certain it was the main fight).

I think Clubber was the better option. In story Tommy was tainted after the street brawl between him and Rocky. He eventually lost the title afterwards. Having him pop up wouldn't have worked as there was too much bad blood there. But Clubber? It never made sense for him to disappear quietly into the night after the loss to Balboa. No matter how humiliated he felt.

I don't see the need to shoehorn Rocky into every Creed story. Maybe it'll make sense in Creed IV, but the main focus should be what story works best for Adonis.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Hopefully at least there's a shot of Rocky at home, or with his son, watching the match on television. hopefully.

I just hope that there's a lot of care put into the story/script. Don't just invent a super convenient villain and repeat the Rocky era tropes for part 3, 4, etc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Hopefully at least there's a shot of Rocky at home, or with his son, watching the match on television. hopefully.

I just hope that there's a lot of care put into the story/script. Don't just invent a super convenient villain and repeat the Rocky era tropes for part 3, 4, etc.
    Creed 2 was a mish-mash of Rocky 3 and 4 already. To be honest, I don't see where Creed 3 will go. I do feel this should be the last one. I'd much rather a film focusing on the Drago's at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post

With what's been going on in the real with in terms of racial justice and stuff, this very well could be a plot point for Creed 3.

Incredible Member

Where can the story for Creed III go anyway? they can't just bring up the past and bring in relatives of Rocky's former opponents to fight Adonis, who's he gonna fight? Clubber's kid? Tommy Gunn's kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I don't see the need to shoehorn Rocky into every Creed story. Maybe it'll make sense in Creed IV, but the main focus should be what story works best for Adonis.
    I take it back.

Logan Paul provided a decent Rocky subplot.

The subplot can have some jerk youtuber challenge Rocky to an exhibition match. And after a lot of hype the youtuber is KOed after 20 seconds.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

I want full closure on Rocky. Just kill him off. No riding off into the sunset

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I agree with many of the others about Rocky's story. Creed II really helped add the final epilogue for Rocky. He has looked after Apollo's kid, made amends with his own and is seen being welcomed as a Grandfather should. Top it off with the Drago story and the main beats of Rocky's story are cleaned up nicely. I don't feel the Rocky story needs to revisit Clubber, Mason Dixon or Tommy and the Washington promoter fellow(who should probably be dead anyway in universe based on age).

I'm eager to see Creed III based on the merits of the character development in the first two and of course Michael B. Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Stallone is never done. Dude is now saying he might do another Rambo and go with the "being chased by the cops and hides in a Indian reservation" idea.
    I've not seen any updates on this. I know he said in the weeks following Rambo V he had an idea but this is the first I've heard of a scratch pad story idea. Not to derail this thread, is there a thread about Rambo VI rumors?
    I love me some Stallone and want that Demolition Man 2 and Expendables 4. I hate that his Escape Plan franchise dovetailed into cheap, poorly produced straight to DVD type fare.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime