Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Oh wow, I go for a walk out for an hour and all hell breaks lose when I come back! So many info to unpack, trying to gather all my thoughts on the news:

- Hickman wasn't kidding during the last X-Men Monday when he said June's X-Men issue was going to be the last one, which I strongly suspected as Marvel do love shiny new number ones.

- his new book's logo is in the shape of X-Men's so I assume it will be a relaunched Uncanny/New X-Men.

- Happy to see Duggan get another title and a very high profile one at that (with Pepe no less!). I don't find his Marauders and Cable always exceptional but when he's good I find him really good.

- I'm also happy with Leah Williams getting another title. Her X-Factor has been a bit hit or miss for me but she generally has a good handle on her characters. Also happy to see Valerio Schiti being moved to a (presumably) higher-profile title: as much as I love SWORD, I don't think it's particularly successful commercially so it makes sense to move an A-list talent like Valerio to something more profitable.

- I agree with the suggestions that the artist's redacted name for Hickman's book is indeed "ARTIST"... I reeaaaalllyy hope we don't need to wait 3 months to find out. But I would rule out John Romita Jr now: his press release said his first project was going to come out in June whereas Hickman's book starts in September. I guess he could still do something short before it but I don't really think that's the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Why don't they have new writer for each series so that they can concentrate on it. The quality will go down if the writer write two series at the same time.

The quality of Marauders isn't great right now, and it will get even worse with Duggan writing another series.
    Duggan has been writing 2 books for the past year. He is about to lose one and gain another. I dont know why you would expect a dip in quality from him

Vita has 2 books and has done great work so far.

I'm going to hurl into a bin and drink it.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Excited by the news. The Hickman era is so interesting because the line is solid but there doesn't seem to be flagship title. I just hope we keep getting more Gen X!
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Sometimes i think people forget the x-books are a line of books. The main marvel u consists of Captain Marvel, Thor, on and on and on. All those books the x-line has been stifled. But in a world where the x-line can have safe places liuke the main line we should be able to see more books featuring mutants. I could easily see a world where a line of x-books can be sustained like the "main" line. The problem in that i think is if this line becomes to big will people still support that line. Which i can see. But there is no reason there can't be a mutant guardians of the galaxy or a mutant JLA. It doesn't have to be coming out of one "source" the institute like it was.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'm indifferent to whatever Williams' book will be as long as it doesn't hurt Polaris in some way.

I'm going to assume Hickman's book is Planet-Size X-Men as an ongoing, if not name then at least concept.

P.S. - I think the recent or coming launch of several new books - SWORD, Way of X, the two classified (not including Children of the Atom and X-Corp that were planned but idling) - says something insofar as Marvel's ability to launch new books when they really want to, regardless of things said about limits and constraints. This is all happening after a year of COVID after all.
    Last edited by salarta; 04-08-2021 at 10:07 AM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Why don't they have new writer for each series so that they can concentrate on it. The quality will go down if the writer write two series at the same time.

The quality of Marauders isn't great right now, and it will get even worse with Duggan writing another series.
    Writers can write multiple books a months, the poor things need to eat.

I actually prefer having more books from the same group of writers, helps coordinate things more easily when you don't have too many cooks in the kitchen. It's just a shame the 2 writers I find the best of the bunch (Wells and Ewing) only have a book each. But I assume there will be even more new launches down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Duggan has been writing 2 books for the past year. He is about to lose one and gain another. I dont know why you would expect a dip in quality from him

In fact, Duggan also writes Savage Avengers, they are 3.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

COTA was trash (IMO) and was written ages ago. New Mutants has been alright, but I think the artist is helping a lot. Vita's a bit over-rated on these boards but that's because most of you are obsessed with diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Writers can write multiple books a months, the poor things need to eat.

I actually prefer having more books from the same group of writers, helps coordinate things more easily when you don't have too many cooks in the kitchen. It's just a shame the 2 writers I find the best of the bunch (Wells and Ewing) only have a book each. But I assume there will be even more new launches down the line.
    I'm actually surprised that the writers doing two books at once haven't done any mini-crossovers.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I'm indifferent to whatever Williams' book will be as long as it doesn't hurt Polaris in some way.

I'm going to assume Hickman's book is Planet-Size X-Men as an ongoing, if not name then at least concept.

P.S. - I think the recent or coming launch of several new books - SWORD, Way of X, the two classified (not including Children of the Atom and X-Corp that were planned but idling) - says something insofar as Marvel's ability to launch new books when they really want to, regardless of things said about limits and constraints. This is all happening after a year of COVID after all.
    Planet sized is just a hellfire one shot. People are building too much expectation over it

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I'm actually surprised that the writers doing two books at once haven't done any mini-crossovers.
    Well Duggan did a Marauders/Savage Avengers crossover

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    non-official

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    COTA was trash (IMO) and was written ages ago. New Mutants has been alright, but I think the artist is helping a lot. Vita's a bit over-rated on these boards but that's because most of you are obsessed with diversity.
    No one expects cota to do more than 12 issues and that is fine

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    The Hickman book 100% just says ARTIST underneath lol.
    This is funny, people are trying to guess because of the A on twitter but it is only artist
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-08-2021 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    And X-Force and Wolverine in X of Swords was really the same story.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Best Possibility:
    Duggan writing Scott and Jean's X-Men
    Hickman writing Worlds of X featuring Moira OR Quiet Council Krakoa.

Worst Possibility:
    Duggan continuing Hicks' X-Men
    Hickman writing Scott and Jean's X-Men
    Given it's the same creative team as Planet-Size X-Men, I'm going to assume Duggan & Larraz's book is going to follow up on whatever they're setting up in that one-shot. I think this is likely going to be a Storm-centric book.

Whereas Hickie has been working towards the new X-Men team so it would make sense for him to be the one to write it.