Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    just what we need more x-books ...so from what ive heard do NOt expect way of x, x-corp, x-factor, children of atom, to get past issue 10 maybe even the first arc x-factor is canceled but big plans for the characters as well as the concept, sword has one more arc could be saved but doubtful and i know x-editorial wants to continue with ewing in the x-office but he has other big things upcoming after hulk wraps, i know marauders wolvie and x-force all are planned out well into 2022, new mutants havent heard anything but remember because of trademarks issues marvel generally always has to have a book with the word mutant in the title every year. And excalibur havent heard anyhting about that book but jordan loves the excalibur name and you can tell tini howard is hickmans favorite, and while the book isnt awful it really really needs a refresh badly with a new cast. Of course if the hellfire gala books do well things may shift but the x-books have really been shedding significant sales this past year. heard a few very cool things about both gerry book and hickman new x-book but still trying to confirm what ive heard is true not ready to post yet after x-swords x-office is even tigher on letting things slip out early
    Not really surprised they're getting diminishing returns on all their recent launches, the X-books' share of wallet is only that big and all the premiere X-titles have already been launched. I haven't quite been able to keep track of X-Factor's sales but surprised it's already on the cancellation block.

just what we need more x-books ...so from what ive heard do NOt expect way of x, x-corp, x-factor, children of atom, to get past issue 10 maybe even the first arc x-factor is canceled but big plans for the characters as well as the concept, sword has one more arc could be saved but doubtful and i know x-editorial wants to continue with ewing in the x-office but he has other big things upcoming after hulk wraps, i know marauders wolvie and x-force all are planned out well into 2022, new mutants havent heard anything but remember because of trademarks issues marvel generally always has to have a book with the word mutant in the title every year. And excalibur havent heard anyhting about that book but jordan loves the excalibur name and you can tell tini howard is hickmans favorite, and while the book isnt awful it really really needs a refresh badly with a new cast. Of course if the hellfire gala books do well things may shift but the x-books have really been shedding significant sales this past year. heard a few very cool things about both gerry book and hickman new x-book but still trying to confirm what ive heard is true not ready to post yet after x-swords x-office is even tigher on letting things slip out early
    Wait, you mean X-Factor is cancelled but there is still big plans for the same concept and the same characters, so basically it continues in other ways? Do you know in which form?
    (I assume you meant by 'the first arc of X-Factor' is the whole X-Factor series by Williams. Edit: never mind this part, I realized the sentence ended with 'the first arc' lol. The main question remains about the future of XF cast)
    I just hope to see more of this cast and how the resurrection protocols work
    Last edited by DAHX; 04-09-2021 at 06:16 PM.
    Be kind, it's FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    It's actually unclear how they fluked into letting Immortal Hulk run long enough for it to become a hit by word-of-mouth, because they're clearly not big on allowing good books time to gain a following. I guess X-Force survives because it's one of the books that has name recognition + Logan for general Marvel fans who don't particularly focus on the X-books, even though it's also kind of ass.
    Sales for Immortal Hulk were never bad and it got readers really fast. X-men books are on 2 years and only losing readers
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-09-2021 at 08:46 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think it's about time they realized some x-fans are perfectly happy staying in the x-world and just spending their money on those books. They should up the quality of the other lines not down the output of a line with millions of characters and a lot of interest.
    That is not what the sales are saying. It's easy to reader have less book with higher quality

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    Wait, you mean X-Factor is cancelled but there is still big plans for the same concept and the same characters, so basically it continues in other ways? Do you know in which form?
    I assume you meant by 'the first arc of X-Factor' is the whole X-Factor series by Williams.
    I just hope to see more of this cast and how the resurrection protocols work
    Yeah. We've got Way of X and X-Corp coming up, but right now, X-Factor feels like the only book that exists largely to explore a specific aspect of Krakoa's worldbuilding, and it's a pretty core aspect too.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yeah. We've got Way of X and X-Corp coming up, but right now, X-Factor feels like the only book that exists largely to explore a specific aspect of Krakoa's worldbuilding, and it's a pretty core aspect too.
    It barely does something with it.

Maybe if they want Ewing to be on x-men books they should had given him more books

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It barely does something with it.

Maybe if they want Ewing to be on x-men books they should had given him more books
    This. I wake up at night thinking about Al Ewing taking over Excalibur, then I go back to sleep crying.

That is not what the sales are saying. It's easy to reader have less book with higher quality
    I don't really know what the sales data says to be honest because i'm not looking for it. But i think a lot more interesting minis and one shots and stories about mutants in the x-line is still for me more interesting than only two books where you limit your sales. If you only have two books and the combine sales are 200,000 but you can do 10 books with varying sales and varying costs that equal what you would have cost on those two books you actually made more if the total of those 10 books comes to 350,000 especially since price range is only about a 2 dollar difference in the 5.99 vs. 3.99 books but even then you may command a higher price for the minis of the more interesting concepts or characters. So it's all about perspective.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Ehhh I know what you mean but somehow I have a hard time picturing the Head of X only penning a book called "The Amazing adventures of Moira X" instead of "Something X-Men Something".
    There's nothing to say that Hickman will be doing a Moira X series at the moment. It's all just specualtion.

I don't really know what the sales data says to be honest because i'm not looking for it. But i think a lot more interesting minis and one shots and stories about mutants in the x-line is still for me more interesting than only two books where you limit your sales. If you only have two books and the combine sales are 200,000 but you can do 10 books with varying sales and varying costs that equal what you would have cost on those two books you actually made more if the total of those 10 books comes to 350,000 especially since price range is only about a 2 dollar difference in the 5.99 vs. 3.99 books but even then you may command a higher price for the minis of the more interesting concepts or characters. So it's all about perspective.
    Less books with higher sales costs a lot less to deliver, less money to pay many creative teams. Of course X-books can do a lot more than 2 books.
    Also too many books can make new readers very confuse

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    This. I wake up at night thinking about Al Ewing taking over Excalibur, then I go back to sleep crying.
    He probably is very busy on what he is doing right now to not take a new book or the X-office is really crazy to not give him a new book
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-09-2021 at 09:03 AM.

Less books with higher sales costs a lot less to deliver, less money to pay many creative teams. Of course X-books can do a lot more than 2 books.
    Also too many books can make new readers very confuse

He probably is very busy on what he is doing right now to not take a new book or the X-office is really crazy to not give him a new book
    But that is the thing. People are thinking too small imo or assuming but they are forgetting Marvel has all their rights now. The X-office is an office that wants to be overall profitable at this point more than anything else but now they are able to be more free creativity. It isn't the game of writing compelling existing characters going through the same tropes but instead expanding the brand into ways you can exploit the properties under many avenues. I think many people will end up disappointed at the end of this because sales or not there is no incentive for the x-line to minimize it's books unless they don't sell at all. There is no directive to this is their place in the marvel universe. The x-men have entered the same stage the avengers entered, how can we expand this brand so that we can mine it. And in 2021 there are a few ways to do that that definitely don't involve going back to just being "We are hated and feared." People wanted change and int he real world cameras and other things have offered minorities more than just protection but power to show what we have been saying for so long. Well this is the equiilant for the xmen, this changes the message. Yes they are feared and hated but now it's presented in a more modern context and a place where they have a safe space. This will no doubt feed disney + and other formats for years to come.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Dang. I feel like the only one who thinks tini howard has been kicking butt with excalibur ��

But that is the thing. People are thinking too small imo or assuming but they are forgetting Marvel has all their rights now. The X-office is an office that wants to be overall profitable at this point more than anything else but now they are able to be more free creativity. It isn't the game of writing compelling existing characters going through the same tropes but instead expanding the brand into ways you can exploit the properties under many avenues. I think many people will end up disappointed at the end of this because sales or not there is no incentive for the x-line to minimize it's books unless they don't sell at all. There is no directive to this is their place in the marvel universe. The x-men have entered the same stage the avengers entered, how can we expand this brand so that we can mine it. And in 2021 there are a few ways to do that that definitely don't involve going back to just being "We are hated and feared." People wanted change and int he real world cameras and other things have offered minorities more than just protection but power to show what we have been saying for so long. Well this is the equiilant for the xmen, this changes the message. Yes they are feared and hated but now it's presented in a more modern context and a place where they have a safe space. This will no doubt feed disney + and other formats for years to come.
    I don't think people are thinking too small. Direct market isn't too big and Xmen books are liting the book market on fire either.
    Usually I like quality over quantity. Even a retailer said that the books aren't doing good on sales, they are just launching books because of good PR, Cebulski still backing them.
    Avengers also prefered to get just one book to focus atention and sales.

Lol doubt Disney + will make any mutants being the inhumans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'm very excited about all of this. This is a truly great time to be an X-Men fan. But I'm also excited about a few rumors that have been circulating about. Among them is the rumor that the X-Men will announce at the Gala that they're going to start colonizing Mars. The idea of the X-Men having their own nation is one thing and has been done before Krakoa. But having their own Planet? That's a much bolder leap. It would essentially make Krakoa a stepping stone, of sorts. You start with an island. You upgrade to a planet. It wouldn't be without precedent. Wakanda has established itself in space. Why shouldn't the X-Men?

All exciting stuff! This summer is bound to be fun.
    You do realize that is an overused shenanigan in Marvel Universe right? Wakanda, Inhumans were already there. But I agree it does sound cool perhaps with X-Men going Mars. I guess if they brought back the gardeners on Mars then this would be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    You do realize that is an overused shenanigan in Marvel Universe right? Wakanda, Inhumans were already there. But I agree it does sound cool perhaps with X-Men going Mars. I guess if they brought back the gardeners on Mars then this would be interesting
    It's just a rumour, It's just the name it is a hellfire one shot