Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Perch is comicsgate scum if you listen to him you got serious issues
    He's not. He is actually pretty impartial and even handed. He rarely discusses politics and is far more focused on the meat and potatoes of the creative and business aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    He's not. He is actually pretty impartial and even handed. He rarely discusses politics and is far more focused on the meat and potatoes of the creative and business aspects.
    if he isnt anti-comicgate he is comicsgate. thats the logic of some people.
    Marvel and DC comics are no different than the food at McDonalds. It will fill you up but in the end bad for your health. Read more independent publishers. Get away from the corporate homogenous cookie cutter fast food comics.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ospfwildcard View Post
    if he isnt anti-comicgate he is comicsgate. thats the logic of some people.
    And that kinda thinking is the way it should be. Theres precedence in history that not taking a side is taking a side. Switzerland during WW2 for instance. If Switzerland had not stayed neutrul then ww2 would have ended a lot sooner. But not taking a side is the cool thing to do. Not taking a side is taking a side.

Mighty Member

There's something off about Perch, his content feels like it digs into that weird place which the comicsgate crowd thrives in.
    However, he seems to be pretty light on the subject.

But Honestly, I think the fact this topic has gone down to sales figures and dodgy YouTubers is ultimately pointless as a lot of it just falls down to information we don't know, and are just speculating.
    Like, it's been 10 pages of People speculating that Hickman isn't the Head of X because he is doing an unnamed title, or that certain series aren't selling well and are going to get cancelled.

Here's my take, a lot of this was planned, major things like Duggan doing the main team book was put in place so Hickman can do a lot of the background stuff. I thought this was obvious from the start as Hickman seems less interested in Super Hero antics and more interested in World Building. His Avengers was the same, he did the super hero stuff, but a lot of that was just set up until it came to the final arc.

Plus, with him being the head writer for this era, he most likely has his hands full planning out numerous stories so they fall into his plans.

At most, I see this as Hickman preparing Duggan for when this era comes to an end, letting Duggan take over the next era.

But even that is just speculation.
    I know it's all we can do, but the topic has gone off the rails rather quickly.

Hickman on avengers did the super hero and the worldbuilding, same for FF

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Hickman on avengers did the super hero and the worldbuilding, same for FF
    I'm trying to say he seems more focused on World building this time. He has done the super hero stuff, he wants to try something different now

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    So what I'm getting from all this is that there's actually no definitive proof that the X line is in Dire Straits?

Like I'm sure the sales have decline after the initial push from HoX/PoX/DoX but that's nothing out of the ordinary and certainly not worthy of doomsayer rhetoric.
    The X-line isn't in dire straits compared to anything else, but it isn't selling as hoped. Sidebooks like COTA, X-Factor, X-Corp, and Way of X inevitably, are not long for this world.

But they'll all do for their first 3 or 4 issues than a random non-X-book would.

That said, what Bishop66 said a while back about execs and shops wanting them to cut back and ship more of the books that do well is not surprising.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Isn't Way of X a miniseries anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Isn't Way of X a miniseries anyways?
    There’s been nothing saying that it is (maybe you’re thinking of Spurrier’s other Marvel book Black Knight)

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Could have sworn I saw somewhere it was 6 issues. Guess not

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yeah. We've got Way of X and X-Corp coming up, but right now, X-Factor feels like the only book that exists largely to explore a specific aspect of Krakoa's worldbuilding, and it's a pretty core aspect too.
    Yeah, this. I like that there are different books covering different concepts, but the resurrection protocols is maybe the most important one about Krakoa, so what's the point of this new era with big ideas and world buildings if the important aspects don't even have their own books to explore them or they just cancel them? I mean this concept definitely deserves its own book and not just being used sparingly in other books imo. maybe they should've just rebooted X-Factor; fresh start with new creative team or something. I really hope the team&concept remains and those big plans for them are true whatever it means.
    Be kind, it's FREE

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I avidly follow Perch. I find his content quite interesting, balanced and a little entertaining.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Could have sworn I saw somewhere it was 6 issues. Guess not
    I think it was on marvel solicitation, than someone asked te artist and he said it wasn't a mini and after that he gave a non answer iif was a mini or not

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The X-line isn't in dire straits compared to anything else, but it isn't selling as hoped. Sidebooks like COTA, X-Factor, X-Corp, and Way of X inevitably, are not long for this world.

But they'll all do for their first 3 or 4 issues than a random non-X-book would.

That said, what Bishop66 said a while back about execs and shops wanting them to cut back and ship more of the books that do well is not surprising.
    Yes. I think the line could be strong and move forward strongly.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I'm trying to say he seems more focused on World building this time. He has done the super hero stuff, he wants to try something different now
    I think he is not that interested on Xmen and writing for Marvel
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-09-2021 at 07:52 PM.

That Perch video seems resonable. The figures aren’t surprising. The only thing that is new are that some titles are selling bellow 30k. Witch is expected.

If we had the old charts with positions I’m sure many would look at this differently. As a lot of people focused more on where on the top seller list their titles where instead o of how much they sold.

40k to 25-30k used to be ok numbers. Cancelation was 10-17k depending on title, franchise and talent involved.

40k can only be seen as bad in context with expectations and hype that HoX/PoX garnered. Witch Perch did. So if anything we should be worried if Marvel looks as this as a costly but good effort from them to actively try with their mutant titles. If this is the ceiling.

Likewise I’m sure that many of us wouldn’t say that it’s impossible for a good Marauders, Excalibur, X-force to sell 50-60k. With a solid shipping schedule. Especially considering the lack of a flagship title built around a team. In the shadow of all hype and goodwill.

So many titles are doing ok. Witch used to mean that things where great. Especially considering the number of titles involved. It’s just that they aren’t doing better. Witch perhaps they should. Maybe Marvel sees it that way.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I think it was on marvel solicitation, than someone asked te artist and he said it wasn't a mini and after that he gave a non answer iif was a mini or not

Yes. I think the line could be strong and move forward strongly.

I think he is not that interested on Xmen and writing for Marvel
    X-Men has been the book Hickman has always wanted to write. He pitched HOXPOX about a decade before it was published.