Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I love watching people get angry about things they made up themselves.
    It really is quite the entertainment.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Fantastic Member

I think it is sad if Marvel actually cancel any of the current X-Books, because cancelation (or change of the creative team) almost always leave behind unfinished plot threads that are unlikely to be ever resolved. It is frustrating how they don't give books time to develop. Maybe instead of making every new book an ongoing, Marvel should announce them as limited series first. Give creative team 5 issues, so they could plan accordingly and their story would have the start, middle and the end. If after five issues sales look good, then another five issues could be added, but it still a limited series, so creative team still should properly wrap-up the story within 5 issues. And then, after, lets say 15, successful issues with good sales, the title is promoted to an ongoing and creative team is given free reign. Instead we have a bunch of ongoings that introduce things, but never get a chance to actually follow and develop them, because they are canceled after few issues.

I don't know how much book needs to sale to break even, but I think that unless book actually reached that line it shouldn't be canceled. They all should be given a chance to find their reader, even if the sales aren't stellar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    It’s not my cup of tea, but you’re definitely not the only one lol. People are just very vocal about their dislike of titles they should have stopped reading.
    This is why I stopped reading any Excalibur-related threads. Every conversation devolves into the same old complaints. I do think most of the criticisms are valid, but there’s no need to repeat them 30 times over.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    I think it is sad if Marvel actually cancel any of the current X-Books, because cancelation (or change of the creative team) almost always leave behind unfinished plot threads that are unlikely to be ever resolved. It is frustrating how they don't give books time to develop. Maybe instead of making every new book an ongoing, Marvel should announce them as limited series first. Give creative team 5 issues, so they could plan accordingly and their story would have the start, middle and the end. If after five issues sales look good, then another five issues could be added, but it still a limited series, so creative team still should properly wrap-up the story within 5 issues. And then, after, lets say 15, successful issues with good sales, the title is promoted to an ongoing and creative team is given free reign. Instead we have a bunch of ongoings that introduce things, but never get a chance to actually follow and develop them, because they are canceled after few issues.

I don't know how much book needs to sale to break even, but I think that unless book actually reached that line it shouldn't be canceled. They all should be given a chance to find their reader, even if the sales aren't stellar.
    Some of the books, like cable for instance, are not meant to be an ongoing series. Some books are so popular, like wolverine, that you can just put him on a cover and it will sell well. For me, personally, i just want a coherent vision going forward and i would be happy with cancelling some of the titles that are just there to expand on the krakoa life style, which is already well established at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    Some of the books, like cable for instance, are not meant to be an ongoing series. Some books are so popular, like wolverine, that you can just put him on a cover and it will sell well. For me, personally, i just want a coherent vision going forward and i would be happy with cancelling some of the titles that are just there to expand on the krakoa life style, which is already well established at this point.
    They only said that because of low sales, if it had good sales it would still be going. They announced it as ongoing series not as a limited 12 issues series

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    They only said that because of low sales, if it had good sales it would still be going. They announced it as ongoing series not as a limited 12 issues series
    Where do you get that it’s selling low and/or any lower than the other X titles?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Where do you get that it’s selling low and/or any lower than the other X titles?
    Because it was the first to be cancelled, also what insiders say. The sales availiable tell that sales were the lowest along x-factor.
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-09-2021 at 11:39 AM.

Because it was the first to be cancelled, also what insiders say. The sales availiable tell that sales were the lowest along x-factor.
    “Insiders”? Tell me more of these insiders...

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    “Insiders”? Tell me more of these insiders...
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    This YouTube video which was discussed on these forums some time ago sums it all up rather clearly:

there is also the Bishop66 that posts here.

Lol. These “insiders” have obvious agendas to push. Their words should be taken with a grain of salt.

Astonishing Member

So what I'm getting from all this is that there's actually no definitive proof that the X line is in Dire Straits?

Like I'm sure the sales have decline after the initial push from HoX/PoX/DoX but that's nothing out of the ordinary and certainly not worthy of doomsayer rhetoric.

there is also the Bishop66 that posts here.
    Okay but this doesnt suggest that Cable's sales are poor and is the worst selling X-title. In fact from this video, it would appear Excalibur is.

Duggan has said that the book was always intended to end at issue 11 and I believe him. From the very first issue, it was established that the end goal would be to bring OG Cable back. That was hinted at early on and its ruminated in the background until now. Once OG Cable is back, there is nowhere to go with this series except to transition it to being one about him but Marvel already has plans for him and that will likely be a new volume of Cable and/or he joins a team book. I dont believe that this was "cancelled" due to poor sales as that doesnt seem to fit.

Perch is comicsgate scum if you listen to him you got serious issues

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Perch is comicsgate scum if you listen to him you got serious issues
    He told me he isn't. And he also told me he had to blocjk x-men fans attacking him because he isn't drinking Krakoa kool aid

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    So what I'm getting from all this is that there's actually no definitive proof that the X line is in Dire Straits?

Like I'm sure the sales have decline after the initial push from HoX/PoX/DoX but that's nothing out of the ordinary and certainly not worthy of doomsayer rhetoric.
    How did it go from "some out of the 12 ongoing books that the X-office puts out are selling low and are getting cancelled" to "the X line is in Dire Straits"? It's clear that when you're putting out so many books not every one of them is going to be successful. It's also a fact that later launches have been seeing diminishing starting numbers than the earlier-debuting ones... and again because there's a limited share of wallet that the X-books can command and it's inevitable if you go from 6 to 12 titles that you're going to cannibalize your own sales.