Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I've long suspected Hickman is writing something X-related other than comics. His output is fairly limited nowadays with only one monthly book and a mini at Image that's about to conclude. I appreciate his role as "Head of X" involves some sort of coordination but I doubt he's reading everyone's scripts as that would be the editors' job.
    Depends how they're organizing it and how invested he is. He could be reading everyone's scripts because what happens to one character or concept impacts all of them and any plans he may make. Or editorial could be giving him a cliff notes version of the most essential developments.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Williams/Schiti’s book is seemingly called The Trial, but the trial of who? Scarlet Witch? Maybe someone does something at the Gala? Either way, I think this is a mini if it is called The Trial (because how would you make a trial an ongoing series lol).
    If the word really is trial, it doesn't have to be a trial in the sense of law. It can be trial in the sense of experiments, or challenges that must be completed ("trial by fire"). Using it in the sense of a legal trial is just the most sensible and expected way of looking at it, especially after that one storyline about Jean on trial years ago.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Sorry to be that guy but, just what the X-men need more books to both complicate and water down the storyline. Frankly I don’t want any more books I want a definitive direction for the line. House of X and Power of X had me hype for this super focused and eventful direction it set. And it just went off in a thousand directions and fizzled out a bit. It’s disappointing to say the least. When he took over Avengers he took over. For the X-line he became a part time owner.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Bloody Hell!
    Why did they have to poach Valerio from SWORD? I hope the artist replacing him is just as good.
    Still...I'm waiting to see what those two new books are about before I make a decision on whether or not I'm adding them to my list.

YESYESOMGODDESSYESSS to Larraz on X-Men.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-08-2021 at 12:11 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Greg Land has yet to draw an X-book this era....

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Please don't wish that on the x-line. I refuse to buy another greg land book, i don't care if Hickman himself is writing it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, there was a time when he was writing two Avengers, the Infinity crossover (and later Secret Wars), plus East of West and Manhattan Projects. Now it's just X-men and Decorum, which doesn't come out every month. While I'm sure he's trying to keep a lighter schedule than before, it seems odd if he's not working on anything else.
    Go back and read some interviews he was doing around this time. He was crazed. Writing books out of order because some artists to have more lead time than others. He knew SW was the end game for the story when he took over Avengers, but I don't think he intended it to be a big as it turned out to be. Marvel did what Marvel does and turned it into probably the biggest event they ever did. I wonder if all of that just did him in and doesn't want to put himself in that type of position again. Maybe part of his deal to come back was that he only wanted 1 full time book and then some one shots when needed, along with overseeing the whole line?

Mighty Member

I would still buy it because it's Hickman, but the less I have to look at Greg's work, the better

Quote Originally Posted by youthoftoday View Post
    Go back and read some interviews he was doing around this time. He was crazed. Writing books out of order because some artists to have more lead time than others. He knew SW was the end game for the story when he took over Avengers, but I don't think he intended it to be a big as it turned out to be. Marvel did what Marvel does and turned it into probably the biggest event they ever did. I wonder if all of that just did him in and doesn't want to put himself in that type of position again. Maybe part of his deal to come back was that he only wanted 1 full time book and then some one shots when needed, along with overseeing the whole line?
    His intention since the beggining was Secret Wars being a big event that would reset Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Please don't wish that on the x-line. I refuse to buy another greg land book, i don't care if Hickman himself is writing it.
    I dont wish it but Im expecting it. Marvel brings him back every era so we're about due for a book from him

I gosh...no...take that back.....hehe

Happy that Pepe is a regular! Can't wait to see the new line-up for the X-Men team. Also hoping Hickman's book is either Moira X or Uncanny.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Happy that Pepe is a regular! Can't wait to see the new line-up for the X-Men team.
    Same here. If OG Cable is on the team I will freak out. It’s well past time for his return, and having the real version of him (the adult) on the X-men team with Scott and Jean would be cool IMO.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Don't do that.

"Cable was right!"

The most interesting take-away for me is the implication that Duggan may be the one assembling the new x-men team. That would drastically alter everybody's predictions for the roster. It's no secret that he loves Cable and has been building up to his return, so he's got a good shot. And Rogue's chances are possibly increased.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The most interesting take-away for me is the implication that Duggan may be the one assembling the new x-men team. That would drastically alter everybody's predictions for the roster. It's no secret that he loves Cable and has been building up to his return, so he's got a good shot. And Rogue's chances are possibly increased.
    That's what I'm thinking/hoping... fingers crossed.

The possibility of Rogue and Cable in the same team again makes me nostalgic for Carey's days. I'd love to see them together again under Duggan's, but I doubt Tini will let Rogue go. Yeah, she's being wasted in Excalibur, but she's still a big draw.