Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

I’m here for whatever hickman writes. Probably pick the rest up if they on sale of it gets good reviews

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    X-Men has been the book Hickman has always wanted to write. He pitched HOXPOX about a decade before it was published.
    Let him live out his fantasy that Hickman hates the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    That Perch video seems resonable. The figures aren’t surprising. The only thing that is new are that some titles are selling bellow 30k. Witch is expected.

If we had the old charts with positions I’m sure many would look at this differently. As a lot of people focused more on where on the top seller list their titles where instead o of how much they sold.

40k to 25-30k used to be ok numbers. Cancelation was 10-17k depending on title, franchise and talent involved.

40k can only be seen as bad in context with expectations and hype that HoX/PoX garnered. Witch Perch did. So if anything we should be worried if Marvel looks as this as a costly but good effort from them to actively try with their mutant titles. If this is the ceiling.

Likewise I’m sure that many of us wouldn’t say that it’s impossible for a good Marauders, Excalibur, X-force to sell 50-60k. With a solid shipping schedule. Especially considering the lack of a flagship title built around a team. In the shadow of all hype and goodwill.

So many titles are doing ok. Witch used to mean that things where great. Especially considering the number of titles involved. It’s just that they aren’t doing better. Witch perhaps they should. Maybe Marvel sees it that way.
    40k is ok, it is healthy to sell in that stake. But majority of X-men books are selling around and bellow 30k very quickly. The books aren't doing good numbers

With the hype of hoxpox these books could sell over 40k easily, Immortal Hulk has been doing these numbers

X-Men has been the book Hickman has always wanted to write. He pitched HOXPOX about a decade before it was published.
    I know about it and I still find his will to write x-men story lacking

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Let him live out his fantasy that Hickman hates the X-Men.
    You jumped the shark.
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-10-2021 at 08:52 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The way the overall Industry is doing in the midst of C-19 and other financial issues if books are doing 30-40K that's good. Yes, those figures could be much better but...Life.

As with any of Marvel's relaunched/new #1's I'd expect 100k and over (considering variants and other gimmicks) but by the 3rd-6th issues the actual sells will drop and more or less settle around 30k-50k depending on the title...this has been the trend for many of the top-selling books for years, as the market just cannot support 50-plus books (from both main distributors) books selling 100K month after month, year after year.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    It really feels like we should still be in the Dawn of X I mean Krakoa seems like it is still getting it's feet wet. When I hear Reign I expect more expansion and control
    It's been two years in Dawn of X...

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    And that kinda thinking is the way it should be. Theres precedence in history that not taking a side is taking a side. Switzerland during WW2 for instance. If Switzerland had not stayed neutrul then ww2 would have ended a lot sooner. But not taking a side is the cool thing to do. Not taking a side is taking a side.
    abstaining is a choice in and of itself it is neither for or against. so to assign it some other meaning is a form of mental gymnastics that only occur in radicalized progressive's circles.
    Marvel and DC comics are no different than the food at McDonalds. It will fill you up but in the end bad for your health. Read more independent publishers. Get away from the corporate homogenous cookie cutter fast food comics.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I just realized with Duggan writing x-men and not hickman, that probably means synch and laura won't be on the team..hope I'm wrong though.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    My theory is that Duggan is going to have the X-Men with Cable and Storm in some kind of space team and that Hickman is going to have Uncanny X-Men with the election team with Cyclops and Jean.
    I LOVE this idea. Please let this be.

Hickman we bind you.

Me too. I’m all for that idea.

I am not that hyped with Duggan getting a second book. Let's hope he steps up his game because he is severely lacking right now, I just can't imagine him writing a cosmic feat for Storm, let alone dealing with her in another issue.

If I could decide what happens next I agree we would need X-Men, Uncanny and would also reshape Excalibur.

This is how I would do it:

X-Men:
    writer- Gerry Duggan
    artist- Pepe Larraz
    line-up: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Polaris, Nightcrawler, Dazzler, X-23 and Multiple Man

Uncanny X-Men:
    writer- Jonathan Hickman
    artist- Mahmud Asrar
    line-up: Storm, adult Cable, Rogue, Gambit, Tempo, Armor and Jubilee

Excalibur:
    writer- Zeb Wells
    artist- Russel Dauterman
    line-up: Betsy, Kwannon, Brian, Meggan, Jamie, Pete Wisdom and Chamber
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    If I could decide what happens next I agree we would need X-Men, Uncanny and would also reshape Excalibur.

X-Men:
    writer- Gerry Duggan
    artist- Pepe Larraz
    line-up: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Polaris, Nightcrawler, Dazzler, X-23 and Multiple Man

Uncanny X-Men:
    writer- Jonathan Hickman
    artist- Mahmud Asrar

Excalibur:
    writer- Zeb Wells
    artist- Russel Dauterman
    Too good to be true.

Mighty Member

I would honestly love to see a book about the Mutants who aren't interested in Krakoa.
    You could probably pull another Uncanny Avengers volume out of that.

I would honestly love to see a book about the Mutants who aren't interested in Krakoa.
    You could probably pull another Uncanny Avengers volume out of that.
    Not a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post

X-Men:
    writer- Gerry Duggan
    artist- Pepe Larraz

Uncanny X-Men:
    writer- Jonathan Hickman
    artist- Mahmud Asrar

Excalibur:
    writer- Zeb Wells
    artist- Russel Dauterman
    I am here for this MentalManipulator. Only one change I would make, I would put R.B. Silva on Excalibur. Their issue of Excalibur was gorgeous! I want a little more whimsy in Excalibur. I really really like these line ups.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion