Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Some writers get that these meetings are important. The problem in general is that for fans and readers they are more important then for the people producing the actual comic. Mostly because often these scenes don't drive or influence the plot much at all. You then get "it happened off-panel".

Personally I would love character driven stories exploring the relationships between say the Generation X gang now that they are all back alive again.

Another problem is that some characters, probably Synch, are set up for other parts of the story. It then seems the thought process goes: well we have X or Y amount of space for Synch so lets focus it on things that will further his future plot. While from the outside it seems they could do both. Have a generation X reunion and then ship Synch away to what the future has in store for him. A ship that probably has sailed now.
    That I mean is that these personal stories would be the full point of this series. There wouldn't be any big plot or any cast, just short one-and-done stories focused on what various characters think and feel in this new world. Something like X-Men Unlimited in the past - just a bunch of one-issue (or even shorter) stories, preferably by one good writer like Carey, Gillen or Ewing - people who seems to study characters before writing the stories about them. I think lot of fans would buy such series, even if specific issue wouldn't feature their favorite character. Personally, I don't care much about characters I mentioned in the previous post, but I would still gladly read short story showing on panel what they think and feel.

I like Hickman's writing and big stories and hope he continue writing X-Books for at least five years more, but when he wrote Fantastic Four and Avengers in the past, he also introduced lot of interesting things, but many of them were left unexplored, probably because he hadn't had enough time and page space for them. Now, Marvel gave him additional creative teams to explore the world he created and I glad what we have all these various books dealing with various things. The book about character's personal stories would be a good addition to the list.
    Last edited by Harasar; 04-09-2021 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    I hope that at least one of these new books would be an antology-like series of short personal character-driven stories. Give me a story about Thunderbird and Warpath's reunion after so many years. Or a story about Icarus and what is he feeling now, being resurrected after he did everything to die, or what does he think about how his actions resulted in the death of so many other students, and how they think about him, and how Dust feels now; she blamed herself for his death back then. Or a story about Wither, Elixir, Wallflower and Mercury, and how they feel about each other now. Or even about Wither and Selene, or Selene and Blink - what does they think about living on the same island with a woman who saved their lives and then turned them into killers. Or a story about Blink and Generation X, about how she sacrificed herself to save their lives during Phalanx Covenant. Or about Generation X reunion to celebrate Synch and Skin's resurrection, or, given the events of recent X-Men #19, about Skin's feelings now that he is completely alone - rest of the gang aged up, and Synch now experienced centuries away from them and likely don't have any feelings left towards them.

All in all, I just want to see the characters react to the new world around them and their past with other characters. Otherwise bringing them all together to the same island and resurrecting everyone seems kind of pointless.
    Yeah with the way they keep announcing books I’m shocked one of them hasn’t been an anthology. These were all greats ideas.

Mighty Member

I think Hickman's new book will become the new flagship title.
    It seems Duggan will just do the team X book while Hickman plays around with the politics and science of this World.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I think Hickman's new book will become the new flagship title.
    I mean, if it doesn't, and Hickman goes on to write a Moira solo or somesuch like I've seen some suggest, then he's effectively done as Head of X and Duggan is taking over as the main X-writer. I don't think that's the case here and believe Hickman will still be steering the ship.

I hope that at least one of these new books would be an antology-like series of short personal character-driven stories. Give me a story about Thunderbird and Warpath's reunion after so many years. Or a story about Icarus and what is he feeling now, being resurrected after he did everything to die, or what does he think about how his actions resulted in the death of so many other students, and how they think about him, and how Dust feels now; she blamed herself for his death back then. Or a story about Wither, Elixir, Wallflower and Mercury, and how they feel about each other now. Or even about Wither and Selene, or Selene and Blink - what does they think about living on the same island with a woman who saved their lives and then turned them into killers. Or a story about Blink and Generation X, about how she sacrificed herself to save their lives during Phalanx Covenant. Or about Generation X reunion to celebrate Synch and Skin's resurrection, or, given the events of recent X-Men #19, about Skin's feelings now that he is completely alone - rest of the gang aged up, and Synch now experienced centuries away from them and likely don't have any feelings left towards them.

All in all, I just want to see the characters react to the new world around them and their past with other characters. Otherwise bringing them all together to the same island and resurrecting everyone seems kind of pointless.
    Yes please, I'm SO ready for another X-Men Unlimited or something in the vein of DC's Batman: Urban Legends. It's disappointing that with 12 ongoing books most writers still can't seem to find space for some genuine character work, but then again Claremont himself wrote some of his best character-driven story on Classic X-Men so I feel there's definitely merit to the idea of an anthology book.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I mean, if it doesn't, and Hickman goes on to write a Moira solo or somesuch like I've seen some suggest, then he's effectively done as Head of X and Duggan is taking over as the main X-writer. I don't think that's the case here and believe Hickman will still be steering the ship.
    He'll still be Head of X regardless until his time with X-Men finishes. Just because he isn't writing the comic called "X-Men" doesn't mean this isn't part of his grander plan.

That I mean is that these personal stories would be the full point of this series. There wouldn't be any big plot or any cast, just short one-and-done stories focused on what various characters think and feel in this new world. Something like X-Men Unlimited in the past - just a bunch of one-issue (or even shorter) stories, preferably by one good writer like Carey, Gillen or Ewing - people who seems to study characters before writing the stories about them. I think lot of fans would buy such series, even if specific issue wouldn't feature their favorite character. Personally, I don't care much about characters I mentioned in the previous post, but I would still gladly read short story showing on panel what they think and feel.

I like Hickman's writing and big stories and hope he continue writing X-Books for at least five years more, but when he wrote Fantastic Four and Avengers in the past, he also introduced lot of interesting things, but many of them were left unexplored, probably because he hadn't had enough time and page space for them. Now, Marvel gave him additional creative teams to explore the world he created and I glad what we have all these various books dealing with various things. The book about character's personal stories would be a good addition to the list.
    Yes and I meant that in the grander sense these kind of interactions are considered non essential. I'm going by memory from interviews with this. Since it's something I have been looking for in comics over the years. If say Kurt Busiek where on the way in I would be really optimistic. He's a writer that has written beautiful moments and has a good handle on what his characters has been through and what scenes they need.
    A project that meets your brief could be on the way. You never know for sure. I wouldn't bank on it though.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Yes and I meant that in the grander sense these kind of interactions are considered non essential. I'm going by memory from interviews with this. Since it's something I have been looking for in comics over the years. If say Kurt Busiek where on the way in I would be really optimistic. He's a writer that has written beautiful moments and has a good handle on what his characters has been through and what scenes they need.
    A project that meets your brief could be on the way. You never know for sure. I wouldn't bank on it though.
    Well, during Utopia era Marvel published at least two mini-series - Nation X and X-Men: To Serve and Protect - that were more about personal interaction of characters rather than some big story. So, I still hope they would greenlit such project now and make it an ongoing.

I'm very excited about all of this. This is a truly great time to be an X-Men fan. But I'm also excited about a few rumors that have been circulating about. Among them is the rumor that the X-Men will announce at the Gala that they're going to start colonizing Mars. The idea of the X-Men having their own nation is one thing and has been done before Krakoa. But having their own Planet? That's a much bolder leap. It would essentially make Krakoa a stepping stone, of sorts. You start with an island. You upgrade to a planet. It wouldn't be without precedent. Wakanda has established itself in space. Why shouldn't the X-Men?

All exciting stuff! This summer is bound to be fun.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Mighty Member

I'm really excited about Pepe Larraz X-Men book. His art is awesome, let's just hope that Duggan can write great stories as well.

His Marauders was just mediocre.

Fantastic Member

just what we need more x-books ...so from what ive heard do NOt expect way of x, x-corp, x-factor, children of atom, to get past issue 10 maybe even the first arc x-factor is canceled but big plans for the characters as well as the concept, sword has one more arc could be saved but doubtful and i know x-editorial wants to continue with ewing in the x-office but he has other big things upcoming after hulk wraps, i know marauders wolvie and x-force all are planned out well into 2022, new mutants havent heard anything but remember because of trademarks issues marvel generally always has to have a book with the word mutant in the title every year. And excalibur havent heard anyhting about that book but jordan loves the excalibur name and you can tell tini howard is hickmans favorite, and while the book isnt awful it really really needs a refresh badly with a new cast. Of course if the hellfire gala books do well things may shift but the x-books have really been shedding significant sales this past year. heard a few very cool things about both gerry book and hickman new x-book but still trying to confirm what ive heard is true not ready to post yet after x-swords x-office is even tigher on letting things slip out early

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    just what we need more x-books ...so from what ive heard do NOt expect way of x, x-corp, x-factor, children of atom, to get past issue 10 maybe even the first arc x-factor is canceled but big plans for the characters as well as the concept, sword has one more arc could be saved but doubtful and i know x-editorial wants to continue with ewing in the x-office but he has other big things upcoming after hulk wraps, i know marauders wolvie and x-force all are planned out well into 2022, new mutants havent heard anything but remember because of trademarks issues marvel generally always has to have a book with the word mutant in the title every year. And excalibur havent heard anyhting about that book but jordan loves the excalibur name and you can tell tini howard is hickmans favorite, and while the book isnt awful it really really needs a refresh badly with a new cast. Of course if the hellfire gala books do well things may shift but the x-books have really been shedding significant sales this past year. heard a few very cool things about both gerry book and hickman new x-book but still trying to confirm what ive heard is true not ready to post yet after x-swords x-office is even tigher on letting things slip out early
    I think it's about time they realized some x-fans are perfectly happy staying in the x-world and just spending their money on those books. They should up the quality of the other lines not down the output of a line with millions of characters and a lot of interest.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

It's actually unclear how they fluked into letting Immortal Hulk run long enough for it to become a hit by word-of-mouth, because they're clearly not big on allowing good books time to gain a following. I guess X-Force survives because it's one of the books that has name recognition + Logan for general Marvel fans who don't particularly focus on the X-books, even though it's also kind of ass.

Would you happen to know if Hellions is indeed cancelled? Sad if Marauders and X-Force get to continue but Hellions doesnt

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    He'll still be Head of X regardless until his time with X-Men finishes. Just because he isn't writing the comic called "X-Men" doesn't mean this isn't part of his grander plan.
    Ehhh I know what you mean but somehow I have a hard time picturing the Head of X only penning a book called "The Amazing adventures of Moira X" instead of "Something X-Men Something".