Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mauraders #19

Default Mauraders #19

Issue is out, anyone read it yet?

It was a great issue. Definitely one of the best. The morlocks got to truly shine and people who want an integrated human/mutant community got exactly what they asked for here.

Bishop got to catch up with the Doctor from the Orochi's station.

And while we never saw what Iceman and Pyro did i for the first time imagined a huge ice sculpture penis shooting flames.

So i would give it a 9/10. Stefano art is stunning on the issue too, he is getting even better.

Callisto was funny.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The Marauders can’t engage in a fight against the new Reavers created by the brats.

So the Morlocks come in and trounce them since they live in Arizona and have no association with Krakoa that is known.

Also they had a good showing.

It was a good issue but felt like filler.

I enjoyed "The Two's" dynamic no clue what they were supposedly doing.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

And while we never saw what Iceman and Pyro did i for the first time imagined a huge ice sculpture penis shooting flames.
    I'm now 100% convinced that's what it was.

Great art, solid issues, love the Morlocks in this; but I need more Christian and Iceman development please.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I am 100% convinced the image actually exists. lol.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Hah I thought about the exact same thing.

Loved this issue and loved the Morlocks spotlight. Nice callback to that horrible Bill Jaaska story with the lady looking like X-Factor's Marvel Girl

Really enjoyed Jean's appearance in this issue. Very unconventional portrayal of her abilities, but it's a bold new direction for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Really enjoyed Jean's appearance in this issue. Very unconventional portrayal of her abilities, but it's a bold new direction for her.
    LMAO you ain't even right for that cause i had that thought for a second too. LMAO.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Seems naming this book Marauders was worth it for the irony of it featuring heroic Morlocks comming out of sewers and protecting normal people from a bunch of evil cyborgs.

I wonder if there is a comic shop near their place in Arizona that had been stocked up on far too many TMNT comics?

Also it once again seems to pay off having allied mutants who don't want to be part of the Krakoan nation in order to maintain their own identity. Just hope it won't bite them in the butt eventualy again.

For Hump and Brute they likely had to dig through the archives. Would have been cool to see Berzerker and Scaleface taking part in this action too. But this saves up pannel time.

Didn't Bliss used to look like Storm, when did she change to look like Jean Grey?

The editor does not seem to bother keeping the artist aware of how Marrow is supposed to look like currently. In House of X she had her classic X-men look. Here she looks like she did in X-men Blue (or the X-men green pitch), in the upcomming Man Thing story she looks entirely different with long pink hair (last time she had that was during Weapon X) and in the Women of Marvel story with Feral later this month she has something resembling her X-force design (if that story is in current continuity mind you).

Judging by her involvement here, i guess this confirms she is not part of the Hellfire Trading Company and also officialy with the Morlocks, rather than part of Krakoa.
    Last edited by Grunty; 04-08-2021 at 10:14 AM.

You know rereading the data page it's very funny to me that the mutant technology that madrox is part of is manufacturing,specifically sewing. The cuckoo plucks the idea from Jumbo, put's it in the the dupes and they start sewing. lol.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Seeing Marrow jump down from up high was just everything for me just love seeing her do her thing. Man how is Bliss ever suppose to kiss someone with that power I mean ooofff.

The one misfire I would say is them calling the place mutietown idk if that was just a joke but I don't like that at all. Mutie is an insult to mutants and I don't like the idea of non mutants naming the the place that when only 5 mutants are there.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I did not get this yet. So which Morlicks did apear and what did they do (high lights)?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I did not get this yet. So which Morlicks did apear and what did they do (high lights)?
    Callisto gathers Masque, Bliss, Marrow, Brute (big muscular mutant who worked for Masque) and Hump (big muscular mutant who worked for Masque) to go and deal with the Reavers.

Masque is not very happy since it's "his day off", but goes along because the hospital he has grown to like working in could be under attack too.

A man and his adult daughter are getting attacked by Reavers. One kills the man with an energy beam, but before he can attack the woman too, Masque hits him over the head with his cane.
    While the Reavers are distracted Marrow jumps down on one and stabs him with two swords. Brute throws an object with so much velocity it cuts a Reaver appart at the mid section.
    He wonders if the Reavers still count as humans. They do seem to only dissable them though. Bliss does her part by poisoning one of the Reavers with her mouth thing. Brute and Hump play "wishbone" with a Reaver.

With the Reavers finaly driven off, the Morlocks go into the bar which Bishop and co. bought in the previous issue.
    While the woman is still shaken over having lost her father, Marrow notes that she should be glad she had a father at least (they also placed him on a pool table with coins over his eyes as a wake) and offers her the job to run the bar for them so she can make a living.

Masque is having a drink and notes that it's nice having people who like him for once, before they will eventualy drive him out of town as angry mob as per usual. However one of the townsfolk remarks that the mutants are becomming heros for the townsfolk, Masque included
    Last edited by Grunty; 04-08-2021 at 12:18 PM.