Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    You can tell from all the talk about the Avengers not caring about kids in cages that most here aren't reading anything outside the X books. Because they actually have been working against it.
    Definitely because if people did they would know Cyclops is the one who came to the recuse of the champions in outlawed champions. And Storm was in that issue and saw how the champions had to go on the run because of human law.

champions.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

I don't get the tension towards the Avengers, they're just stopping kids cosplaying as X-men from doing something dumb.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Honestly this preview definitely shows one reason I dislike this Krakoa status quo; it basically just creates scenarios where if you’re mutant, you have free reign to ignore the laws of anyone except for Krakoa for no other reason than because mutants think themselves superior to everyone else. Storm comes across as exceptionally hostile and her and Mystique keep talking about the Avengers threatening them but at the same time, what are they themselves doing about these kids breaking the law. Seeing as them getting arrested would be sure to cause an international incident and mutants now police themselves, it’s not unreasonable for them to want to speak with Xavier about this to prevent a problem before it can be one. Whether the Avengers can do something about Kamala’s Law, it’s currently the law and the X-Men should at least be doing something about these kids.

Its extra weird because of the time frame this is coming out in. The arc in Champions is over. The law is either gone or soon to be gone. Also, they DID arrest at least one mutant kid (Bombshell), if not others. This plot point made more sense if the issue had come out when it was originally meant too, but with the extra time surely they could have changed it slightly.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Vita has a very natural way of showing characters conversing I realized during the last issue even if I don't care about the characters I enjoy her scripting. I know it's not for everyone but I feel like she excels at what Williams tries incredibly hard to force. I really enjoyed this preview been awhile since Ororo has been allowed such agency in her opinions which might be contrary to what's expected of her. I'll continue to support Vita, and I look forward to this issue, but I can't wait until she is given a more higher profiled cast. The X-men has been sorely missing writing that actually feels familiar.

Its extra weird because of the time frame this is coming out in. The arc in Champions is over. The law is either gone or soon to be gone. Also, they DID arrest at least one mutant kid (Bombshell), if not others. This plot point made more sense if the issue had come out when it was originally meant too, but with the extra time surely they could have changed it slightly.
    I think Outlawed is about to end, I'm reading power pack mini and still there is one ssue left. They delayed so much that it almost was published after the end of the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Honestly this preview definitely shows one reason I dislike this Krakoa status quo; it basically just creates scenarios where if you’re mutant, you have free reign to ignore the laws of anyone except for Krakoa for no other reason than because mutants think themselves superior to everyone else. Storm comes across as exceptionally hostile and her and Mystique keep talking about the Avengers threatening them but at the same time, what are they themselves doing about these kids breaking the law. Seeing as them getting arrested would be sure to cause an international incident and mutants now police themselves, it’s not unreasonable for them to want to speak with Xavier about this to prevent a problem before it can be one. Whether the Avengers can do something about Kamala’s Law, it’s currently the law and the X-Men should at least be doing something about these kids.
    I dont know why writers really go for mutants being so unlikeable over a simple message from allies. This feeling so superior by being a mutant is so wrong
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-08-2021 at 07:46 PM.

You can tell from all the talk about the Avengers not caring about kids in cages that most here aren't reading anything outside the X books. Because they actually have been working against it.
    This is a fact Stark himself also locked up kids in cages during Civil War so he's a joke honestly.
    Last edited by Journey; 04-08-2021 at 08:23 PM.

Ok sidenote "Young X-Men" this is just a Young Avengers Parody at this point no one will convince me otherwise so far this team isn't nearly as iconic! The most shocking thing about the first issue was the fact Cyclops Girl is apparently not a lesbian that was the only thing that had me shook the rest was predictable for the most part.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Because they are souvereign both of them are council members and the embassy is literally krakoa. The avengers were seriously out of line. Like why is global politics lost on you guys. Whether you like it or not krakoa is a nation. It has laws governing it it is souvereign. When the avengers barged into the embassy without an invitation they were tress passing. The fact that they are going back the way they came without being arrested shows how much storm still respects them. You can't just get up and go and make demands of rulers or heads of state especially on their own country without consequences. The law is a human law as of now the children of the atom are presumed to be mutants as such have diplomatic immunity. But cradle is an evil organization so the avengers see it fit to inform the x-men to take care of the situation with the children, and in that the avengers are in the right. But how they handled it is what makes it wrong they violated sooo many laws that if it were magneto not storm they will be singing a very different tune. She even listens to them and decided to go look for them. It's just the way they handled it is what lead them to getting dunked on by storm and mystique, whom I will remind you are souvereigns.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 04-08-2021 at 08:55 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    yup. so Storm knew exactly what she was talking about here. its like your coming to tell us about our own but your letting your own be put in cages now that we are protecting ours. Doesn't mean she doesn't want to do anything but her hands are tied, it would create just as much of an international incident if she went and busted up cradle so why aren't the avengers doing anything then. In their own books they basically made the outaw, law, hunted the kids, then dropped the ball by going into all these events. Doesn't mean Vita forgot what just happened.

Attachment 108233 Attachment 108234 The only reason the girl didn't end up dissected in the end is because Cain was able to get through to Xavier. It was a really touching story she was denying to herself she was a mutant the whole time and when we found out why. It was really good.

I remember thinking when is the last time being a mutant saved somebodies life.
    Exactly I stated in the storm forum steve has immense political clout whether he realizes it or not. He can move public opinion on the law making it very controversial and hence ineffective. But the fact that he is not utilizing this and rather moving around giving people commands is very funny to me. Storm said it best they will handle their own. If she goes to bust up cradle she is a head of state it can be considered an act of war.

BANNED

Well this look incredibly stupid. For starters this entire situation could have been a phone call. Mystique and Ororo are acting ludicrously hostile and smug for no reason. I'm just baffled by this entire conversation. The Avengers, Captain America in particular, have been actively opposing the stupid Kamala's law the entire time, to the point of confronting government agents. At no point do the Avengers threaten or insult them. They're just saying that these mutant kids are causing a stir and are probably in danger, and with the way Krakoa is set up they could literally cause an international incident if they got arrested.

The way Storm talked you'd think they lived on separate planets. Does she think mutants don't have to obey any laws in the rest of the world at all?
    Nope they don't and who is going to show them something, wakanda? They don't care, latvernia doom doesn't care. Well that's it those are the only two nations on earth that stand an inch of a chance against krakoa. The rest might as well be cannon fodder. It's sad but that's how strong krakoa is. They have the brood, the shiar empire, the giant sword space station, a nation filled with some of the most powerful beings on earth and the omega level mutants. So no earth laws do not apply, same as international law doesn't apply to america hence why america can get away with literal war crimes and no one can do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Because they are souvereign both of them are council members and the embassy is literally krakoa. The avengers were seriously out of line. Like why is global politics lost on you guys. Whether you like it or not krakoa is a nation. It has laws governing it it is souvereign. When the avengers barged into the embassy without an invitation they were tress passing. The fact that they are going back the way they came without being arrested shows how much storm still respects them. You can't just get up and go and make demands of rulers or heads of state especially on their own country without consequences. The law is a human law as of now the children of the atom are presumed to be mutants as such have diplomatic immunity. But cradle is an evil organization so the avengers see it fit to inform the x-men to take care of the situation with the children, and in that the avengers are in the right. But how they handled it is what makes it wrong they violated sooo many laws that if it were magneto not storm they will be singing a very different tune. She even listens to them and decided to go look for them. It's just the way they handled it is what lead them to getting dunked on by storm and mystique, whom I will remind you are souvereigns.
    They walked in the front door and had a conversation with the people standing in the entrance. They broke zero laws. Embassy's are considered sovereign land, but they are still open to the public. And while other nations gave mutants pardons they are not immune to all laws in all other nations at all time. And Captain America is literally working with younger characters to defy and overturn the law. He literally freed an entire groups of kids in cages in the Miles Morales issues connected to Outlawed.

BANNED

[QUOTE=pkingdom;5475789]They walked in the front door and had a conversation with the people standing in the entrance. They broke zero laws. Embassy's are considered sovereign land, but they are still open to the public. And while other nations gave mutants pardons they are not immune to all laws in all other nations at all time. And Captain America is literally working with younger characters to defy and overturn the law. He literally freed an entire groups of kids in cages in the Miles Morales issues connected to Outlawed.[/QUOTE

You are really breaking your back to defend them. The question is simple where they invited? Nope. They barged in unless the high commissioner or the ambassador states it's not a tresspass it's a tresspass. And by the annoyance from mystique and Storm they were definitely trespassing, they came in demanding with a tone which implied they had authority which was quickly shot down as they do not have the right to demand anything on krakoa. Also like I said solving the problem at the stem is literally nothing it will still be there. The law itself has to go or at least be reformed. It's that simple. Instead of breaking international law they could invest that energy into launching campaings against the law. They are the avengers that shouldn't be hard. And like storm said they will take care of their own.

Also like I said mystique is a souvereign you don't enter her embassy and start making demands of her. That is very problematic diplomatically and will be an international relations nightmare for the United States. Luckily they were met with Storm. Like I said is it were magneto they will really be singing a different tune.

[QUOTE=dirtynun;5475809]
    They walked in the front door and had a conversation with the people standing in the entrance. They broke zero laws. Embassy's are considered sovereign land, but they are still open to the public. And while other nations gave mutants pardons they are not immune to all laws in all other nations at all time. And Captain America is literally working with younger characters to defy and overturn the law. He literally freed an entire groups of kids in cages in the Miles Morales issues connected to Outlawed.[/QUOTE

You are really breaking your back to defend them. The question is simple where they invited? Nope. They barged in unless the high commissioner or the ambassador states it's not a tresspass it's a tresspass. And by the annoyance from mystique and Storm they were definitely trespassing, they came in demanding with a tone which implied they had authority which was quickly shot down as they do not have the right to demand anything on krakoa. Also like I said solving the problem at the stem is literally nothing it will still be there. The law itself has to go or at least be reformed. It's that simple. Instead of breaking international law they could invest that energy into launching campaings against the law. They are the avengers that shouldn't be hard. And like storm said they will take care of their own.

Also like I said mystique is a souvereign you don't enter her embassy and start making demands of her. That is very problematic diplomatically and will be an international relations nightmare for the United States. Luckily they were met with Storm. Like I said is it were magneto they will really be singing a different tune.
    Storm was totally out of line, the Avengers were only giving them a friendly heads up, such a hypocrite when you look at her betrayal of Wakanda during X of Swords.
    Atm these kids are regarded as mutants until otherwise proven incorrect (their origin story is said to be revealed in issue# 3 according to Marvels upcoming solicitations).
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

BANNED

The avengers disassociated with the US government a while ago. They really don't serve any nation.
    Furthermore, if you can walk through the front door, you're likely not barging in or trespassing, otherwise there would be heavier security, implicitly (unless you're saying they jumped a fence, beat up all the guards). And then we need to consider Madrox standing in as the receptionist/security so they didn't cross certain boundaries either. Storm calls them guests at the end of the preview, suggesting they werent trespassing either. And finally these are comic books. Various procedural aspects are simplified or streamlined for convenience and drama, so you won't see them making an appointment, waiting 1 month, filling 10 forms and so on.

Exactly I stated in the storm forum steve has immense political clout whether he realizes it or not. He can move public opinion on the law making it very controversial and hence ineffective. But the fact that he is not utilizing this and rather moving around giving people commands is very funny to me. Storm said it best they will handle their own. If she goes to bust up cradle she is a head of state it can be considered an act of war.
    Steve doesn't have as much political clout anymore, especially post secret empire. He spoke pretty passionately at the kamala's law hearing. Didn't take. The entirety of CW1 also shows he was utterly ineffective in preventing the law from passing or staying no matter how passionately he spoke or fought (and according to the watcher without the pro-regs acting as a lesser evil buffer it would've been far worse if cap united all heroes under his banner to simply fight the government)