Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

All this drama is so contrived I'm so annoyed the Avengers are here particularly those 3 all of them acted a fool in both Civil Wars why are they pretending like they care about kids being in cages, Carol wanted to arrest Miles over some junk fortune tellers hit or miss predictions.

And this happened on Starks orders like why do they care?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Good hopefully they'll take the hint Cancel Champions & put out a Young Avengers book sounds like a win to me.
    i hope they don't cancel the champions book
    it has great brown, black, asian, inuk representation and is meaningful to a lot of people and the characters are good and have great team dynamics I'd rather see it around but also not derail so many associated books with an event that doesn't end up gnerating as much hype/revenue

but a young avengers title would be a welcome return esp given the events of empyre for Teddy's status quo, and many people have been asking for its return for quite a while

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

The Young Avengers are too old to be "Young Avengers" anymore. Two are husbands for gods sake. They aren't kids anymore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The Young Avengers are too old to be "Young Avengers" anymore. Two are husbands for gods sake. They aren't kids anymore.
    Well they're young compared to the "old avengers" so it makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    It's not like their called, "Kid Avengers" Young is a neutral term.

All this drama is so contrived I'm so annoyed the Avengers are here particularly those 3 all of them acted a fool in both Civil Wars why are they pretending like they care about kids being in cages, Carol wanted to arrest Miles over some junk fortune tellers hit or miss predictions.

And this happened on Starks orders like why do they care?
    Its funny to me that people are always like the x-line potrays the avengers and co as such horrible people but they do all this stuff in the main line like outlaw and civil war and the heros react the way they do and then they expect them to get dusted off in the x-line. like why. lol. it's just funny to me. You can't blame the x-line that whenever the main line gets a chance they want to do a story about registering sometihng, outlawing something, gassing people, or going to war.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Its funny to me that people are always like the x-line potrays the avengers and co as such horrible people but they do all this stuff in the main line like outlaw and civil war and the heros react the way they do and then they expect them to get dusted off in the x-line. like why. lol. it's just funny to me. You can't blame the x-line that whenever the main line gets a chance they want to do a story about registering sometihng, outlawing something, gassing people, or going to war.
    Yeah except this time the avengers were portrayed sympathetically and were against it and were shown helping. They technically should've been on the same side.

CWII also showed ororo uncritical of carol and was right there tryna arrest miles (which was in theri minds actually them trying to save miles but that's its whole other nonsense). Hero vs Hero is always terrible, and the avengers vs X-men is a subcategory of it.

edit: going further IvX and secret empire absolutely butchered emma too especially with regards to "caring about kids". Just tore the x-men down for NO reason lmao
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 04-10-2021 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Yeah except this time the avengers were portrayed sympathetically and were against it and were shown helping. They technically should've been on the same side.

CWII also showed ororo uncritical of carol and was right there tryna arrest miles (which was in theri minds actually them trying to save miles but that's its whole other nonsense). Hero vs Hero is always terrible, and the avengers vs X-men is a subcategory of it.

edit: going further IvX and secret empire absolutely butchered emma too especially with regards to "caring about kids". Just tore the x-men down for NO reason lmao
    So maybe they should come up with better stories. Emma was hero to me in I vs X. while everybody else was acting stupid and letting a cloud fly around killing humans and mutants alike and changing humans against their will because of an alien religion. I usually immerse my self in a story and try to view that story as written and while storm held down the fort and was dumber than a box of rocks at that time, emma was actually trying to do the right thing for humans and mutants especially considering at some point the planet would have become so toxic they had to leave. But i guess some people are ok without posionous gasses killing people. Not saying you are but obviously a lot of writers felt comfortable during that time. i would have obsessed over it no matter the book i was on. In a shared universe a group of people are being gassed to death daily. The x-line didn't release that gas.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

that's literally what Im saying hero v hero is always gonna be trrrash for characterization and they should do better

that's literally what Im saying hero v hero is always gonna be trrrash for characterization and they should do better
    I agree with you but i'm going by the story that is presented and most of these stories that end up making the avengers look bad are usually directives coming from the office they are in. That has notihng to do with vita and the x-line. If i read those books they would be sounding like this too. It's not their job to get the voice of cap it's their job to write how they saw him react when it came to this and to show how their characters feel 1)having extra information and 2)knowing the people in front of them were not there when their proteges needed them. The x-line didn't write that either.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

I agree with you but i'm going by the story that is presented and most of these stories that end up making the avengers look bad are usually directives coming from the office they are in. That has notihng to do with vita and the x-line. If i read those books they would be sounding like this too. It's not their job to get the voice of cap it's their job to write how they saw him react when it came to this and to show how their characters feel 1)having extra information and 2)knowing the people in front of them were not there when their proteges needed them. The x-line didn't write that either.
    And outlawed 1 highlighted how they would be acting for this event. Fiercely against it. Looking sympathetic. Or something.

I already pointed out, it was absolutely unnecessary to even include the avengers here except to tear them down.

And outlawed 1 highlighted how they would be acting for this event. Fiercely against it. Looking sympathetic. Or something.
    But not being sympathetic enough to not hit back with a "we on a mission." when actual stuff hit the fan. If not for the x-men the champions would be in cradle right now being treated exactly as the avengers are describing. The x-office didn't write that either. Why isn't cap spending his time trying to get kids out of cradle. I know for a fact it's not happening in Thor, Cap,Captain Marvel or Iron Man despite the line those books are under being the one that created the mandate in a shared universe. So why should they be made to look sympathetic. They aren't doing anything to get kids out of cradle that is a fact based on there own books but i guess getting up and grand standing in a court room is suppose to mean something. Heck juggernaut has done more for children during this outlaw stuff.

Personally it sounds like the main line offices needs to stop coming up with gasses and registrations and outlawing their writers obviously don't want to write about or are perfectly happy to ignore and take for granted in a shared universe. A lot of people read both sides and that is where the opinion formulates. Not from just being an x-fan.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-10-2021 at 05:47 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

But not being sympathetic enough to not hit back with a "we on a mission." when actual stuff hit the fan. If not for the x-men the champions would be in cradle right now being treated exactly as the avengers are describing.
    Cap did get miles out of a jam in miles' book
    They were portrayed sympathetically in champions too. Simply acknowledging that they were sympathetic to the champions and wanted to help but got occupied with a crisis could mean anything. It could mean the khonshu story were the avengers were attacked and whisked away happened around this time completely derailing their attempts to help

There's a wide gap between a) "not bringing them in solve the problem" and falling back on the usual reasoning and b) going out of your way to write panels about them being antagonistic when you're literally on the same general side.

Additionally this was supposed to come right around the time of outlawed, so seeing that dissonance is dumb.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 04-10-2021 at 06:07 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It's not like their called, "Kid Avengers" Young is a neutral term.
    Maybe, but they have the experience and age to be, well, regular Avengers.

Cap did get miles out of a jam in miles' book
    They were portrayed sympathetically in champions too. Simply acknowledging that they were sympathetic to the champions and wanted to help but got occupied with a crisis could mean anything. It could mean the khonshu story were the avengers were attacked and whisked away happened around this time completely derailing it.

There's a wide gap between a) "not bringing them in solve the problem" and falling back on the usual reasoning and b) going out of your way to write panels about them being antagonistic when you're literally on the same general side.

Additionally this was supposed to come right around the time of outlawed, so seeing that dissonance is dumb.
    But still that doesn't answer the real question here. Why does the main marvel line keep creating events that make their heros look bad because they don't want to deal with it in their solo books. Why make a story that affects the entire MU but then you are not addressing it in your own books? That seems really weird to me.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.